+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Going After Jailbreakers Again

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Get over it Apple!!! Such a tiny percentage of iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch owners jailbreak that it does not affect you in the slightest, and only make's your products more desirable if
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Get over it Apple!!!
    Such a tiny percentage of iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch owners jailbreak that it does not affect you in the slightest, and only make's your products more desirable if they can be jailbroken.

Green Apple
    Thanks

At the end of it your paying for an expencive device that is yours and you should be able to do what you want with it jus like making mods to your car
    No Sig Spam..

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammy007451 View Post
    Good luck apple!
    Don't you mean BAD LUCK APPLE?!?

Theme Creator
    Thanks

This is like buying a textbook and being told, "No underlining, don't write in the margins, and only open it during class."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone have any figures that show the percent of phones actually jailbroken?

I think its low, so this action by Apple is a preservation of their perceived intellectual property.

I think there will be a small impact to usage should you eventually not be able to jailbreak.

Someone with figure, tell me I'm wrong...

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

If AAPL will give Saurik, etal. hooks into the system, JB would cease. These legit developers are not planting malware into the phones; on the contrary, the tweaks and apps appear to be well tested. So it comes down greed.
    Last edited by vedavis; 01-17-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vedavis For This Useful Post:

DRFP (01-17-2011)

Thanks

And the next big apple news is about Jobs taking a medical leave. God must be a jailbreaker

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple just needs to give it a rest. We pay $200+ for our iPhones and iPod touches, and they're acting like they still own them, and are trying to stop us from customization

Thanks

You own the phone, but I believe only a license to use the operating system.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ZipZapp For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (01-20-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple just needs to give up, they still have no ground to stand on...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hmmm. I wonder how much money Apple is spending on their corporate lawyers trying over and over to get this ruling overturned when they could just leave it alone and save even more money to put towards more credible causes.

Funny how quickly Apple jumps on matters pertaining to things they disapprove of, but when it comes to fixing their own defects and problems they just kick it to the curb and blame it on consumer error. Welcome to Corporate America.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (01-18-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't think Apple WANTS to stop the jailbreaking and it's community knowing the revenue streams that lie therein.

I think they're now producing a cacophony of noise to scare off too much development of jailbroken apps - thus ruining (some) income from their app store etc.

I'm sure that IF they wanted a change in ruling they would lobby enough to get it. This creates attention which is good for the company. Keeps the kettle going.

Anyways, if they succeed I will sign any petition against it/Apple and walk the protests and agitate for my digital choice of life.

No free will or choice - no life.

Thanks

man apple never gives up. hope it was steve jobs idea to go after jailbreaking, since he wont be with us soon enough.

Thanks

LISTEN UP!! Without the JAILBREAK COMMUNITY, Apple would have 1/2 of the apps on their current roster. Apple looks at all of the jailbroken apps and either tweaks them or makes them better(except for multitasking) in some instances. Apple needs to stop crying about copyright infringement and all of that. What someone does with "their property" is there business...I paid my $199 and the phone is mine, the OS it is running is mine and i can make any changes that i like...Apple wants to treat us like dogs on a chain and tease us with tid bits that are generously placed just beyond our hungry reach....HOLLA :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can see why Apple wants to stop jail-breaking for two reasons. 1) Pirated software. (If I enjoy the app, whether it's from the app store or Cydia, I'll buy it, no questions ask.) so, I do agree with this. 2) Apple wants total control over their products. This I don't agree with at all. So, I'm sure I'm not the only one who only bought the iPhone because it is jail-breakable. I had an android G1, but then I played around with the iPhone. I thought it was a cool device, but honestly could only certain authorized things on it. A friend of mine, who programs, showed me his jail-broken iPhone and that was it for me. Bought one. If, by some miracle, apple succeeds, I feel that a lot of users will jump ship. I know I will. Android is getting very good and some of the mods out there, are incredible. So, we'll see. Believe me though, if this regulation happens, hello android platform.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Actually for most iPhone owners. The phone isn't ENTIRELY yours. Remember that you're getting a subsidized phone in exchange for a contract. So I think Apple can kind of say "Ok we gave these people the phone for much cheaper than retail but we expect them to respect that and listen to our wish"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good luck to apple if they are demanding that they won't give warranties on jailbroken devices, well you can shove that 1 year warranty up urs. My 2 cents

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The few bucks they spend to make this noise is a) pocket change, and b) will benefit the company in the other end so I just don't buy into that.

What is logical is, that in America of today a major corporation like Apple would be able to lobby their way into such a decision if they really wanted it - I just don't believe they will. They just don't want to lose too much control of the app scene hence why I think they this bit of a noise.

Don't forget, Apple used to be what they are "fighting" now.

Control only equals money if in the form of total control (monopoly)
    which this isn't at all. They are seemingly making more money now than if there was no jailbreak community (and the limited features were still present). This would only have helped HTC/Google/Androids cause and strengthened their market position.

The JB community in a way of looking at it helps Apple maintain dominance over their competitors whose phones are capable of a lot more than non-jailbroken iPhones at present.

Just my opinion on this.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MSFLFC For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (01-20-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Xanax View Post
    Actually for most iPhone owners. The phone isn't ENTIRELY yours. Remember that you're getting a subsidized phone in exchange for a contract. So I think Apple can kind of say "Ok we gave these people the phone for much cheaper than retail but we expect them to respect that and listen to our wish"

Yes, you are correct. However, the jail-break community counts for a lot of the business with apple. That's all.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lampardd View Post
    it is time for an android!
    Exactly.
    Apple are too immature for the world to keep using iPhones.

What happens when we all get Androids? Apple will complain "jailbreaking forced the downfall of the iPhone" LOL