+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Announce Earnings Next Week, May Have Sold 4 Million Macs

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple will announce it's FY 2011 First Quarter Earnings Results earnings on Tuesday, January 18 at 5:00 P.M. EST. Apple will provide live audio streaming of the call, and the
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Apple to Announce Earnings Next Week, May Have Sold 4 Million Macs

Apple will announce it's FY 2011 First Quarter Earnings Results earnings on Tuesday, January 18 at 5:00 P.M. EST. Apple will provide live audio streaming of the call, and the stream will be available for two weeks after.

The earnings call will reveal just how well Apple products sold during the holiday season. With the recent report that PC sales were not stellar during the same period, many analysts are speculating that consumers opted for iPads and Macs instead of buying a new PC.

Another report from Fortune predicts that Apple may have sold as many as four million macs during this past quarter. Of the 31 analysts polled in the report, the average was 3.84 million macs. This was first quarter to feature the revamped Macbook Air at a much more consumer-friendly price, and new iMac models were released during the summer months.

Although we'll have to wait until Tuesday for the official numbers, unofficial results appear extremely high across the board, not just for the new Macs. Another report looked at 50 apple retail stores, and it seems evident that consumers flocked to the iPad during it's first holiday season. Analyst Chris Whitmore pointed out that Apple benefited great because the iPad had "almost no competition," and even raised his prediction of 15 million iPhones sold worldwide to 16 million.

Whitmore adds that he believes the company has its "strongest offering since it began," and based on recent earnings, Apple is poised to reveal a record earnings quarter that may exceed the company's lofty estimates.

Source:
    Apple
    Fortune
    TopTechReviews
    Last edited by Matt Savoca; 01-14-2011 at 09:34 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

The image you used is actually amazing ... Imagine that on my desk ... if only

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

And they will continue to sell more... I could just die because I didn't buy their stock not to long ago!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone andrewb283's Avatar
    Thanks

4 million? Damn

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

apples raking in the doh in the billions.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I believe the success of the iPhone has helped Apple sell more macs. Three of my buddies were never Mac people and always argued that they need Windows for whatever, but all three got iPhones within the last two years and now all three have MacBooks.
    Once you go Mac you never go back

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I believe the success of the iPhone has helped Apple sell more macs. Three of my buddies were never Mac people and always argued that they need Windows for whatever, but all three got iPhones within the last two years and now all three have MacBooks.
    I'm going to have to agree on that 100%. I have everything but the MacBook but that next on my list 

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

haha I have ipt4 and iPhone 3G.......and I'm still 100% windows

Thanks

Completely agree. I also never even considered a Mac until I got my iPhone then I realized apple puts crack in their products.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    4 million Macs is not that much

if 4/93 million then 4% of market.

Iphones, Ipods and Ipads are the profit for Apple. You can now understand the CDMA move, its the only way to continue huge growth in 2011

source
    If your comparing to as many windows PC sold ya maybe 4 million is not that many. But if you look at how much the BASE MODEL mac costs which is around a $1000 Dollars you are looking at 4 BILLION dollars in revenue. That is not counting the 15 and 17" model macbook pros that can cost well over $2000 dollars.

Thanks

And 2grand is a reasonable price when the best PC notebook can be had for at least 500 USD less then that? Hmm I wouldn't brag about that.

ASUS, HP and Dell all have Notebooks that when benched tested out perform Macs.

Look I'm not bashing just pointing out that Apple's strength is Iphone Ipod Ipad not Macs, the evidence is clear.
    Ya but the operating system OSX is alone worth the extra money you pay for a mac. I have had my MacBook Pro for over 2 years and i have never had a single problem with it, never had to re-install OSX, never had a single fatal error on my mac. Where the System restore on a Windows PC is familiar by anybody that has ever used a PC. So your comparing apples and oranges here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Iphones, Ipods and Ipads are the profit for Apple. You can now understand the CDMA move, its the only way to continue huge growth in 2011

source
    and you need to look how many other PC manufactures there are compared to apple manufactures (O YEah only ONE Apple) thats doing pretty darn good if you ask me, but then again who am i
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoRuler View Post
    and you need to look how many other PC manufactures there are compared to apple manufactures (O YEah only ONE Apple) thats doing pretty darn good if you ask me, but then again who am i

Very good point.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Saved0ne's Avatar
    Thanks

source
    To think that everyone is at least $1,000
    $1,000 x $4,000,000 = $4,000,000,000

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah been trying to get a used MacBook on craigslist for some time now but I think I'll be using tax return $$ for new stress free MacBook. With the ability to run windows, it's an awesome system even though the risk of getting viruses is higher...still worth getting one. Can't wait!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple keeps raking in the dough.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Ya but the operating system OSX is alone worth the extra money you pay for a mac. I have had my MacBook Pro for over 2 years and i have never had a single problem with it, never had to re-install OSX, never had a single fatal error on my mac. Where the System restore on a Windows PC is familiar by anybody that has ever used a PC. So your comparing apples and oranges here.
    No sir, he is comparing sales and revenue, but you seemed to have missed that what with your justification of how OSX is the best of all. Let me put it simply. 4 million units sounds like a lot. comparatively, it's not...

And if we are already here comparing these things unnecessarily, let's talk advertising and running all of your thousands of stores. This is all overhead that Dell doesn't have (I imagine Dell spends far less advertising thier computers than Apple, either that or I am reading the wrong agazines and watching the wrong TV channels/websites). So, the numbers mayb be 4 billion. How much of that is profit versus Dell? The point is, it isn't as cut and dry as looking at either number (unit sales or total revenue). There are many other factors to consider.

It's also worth noting that OSX has gotten significantly better over the last 4-ish years. I would have honestly never dreamed of using the Mac OS as my daily driver before they went unix/intel.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-15-2011 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I work with a girl who's father was asked by his roommate to buy into Apple stock back in the early 80's. His response was, "Whose gonna buy shares of a computer company that's named after a silly fruit?" It's something now, that you don't even bring up around him LOL
    Last edited by Nickaroni22; 01-15-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: None