Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Jailbreak and Unlock in the Works

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flintoff View Post
    Should I buy iPhone 4 or stick with my 3GS becouse I'm a tmobile user I always need an unlock and I think 3GS is easier to unlock n jailbreak compare to iPhone 4 right ??
    If you buy a new iPhone 4, then you'll probably have to wait at least one more month until the Verizon iPhone comes out. I say stick to your 3GS and use it b/c you won't be unlocking the iPhone 4 anytime soon unless you can find a cheap one on iOS 4.0.2 and lower or Baseband 01.59.00.

This sure is taking a long time for an untethered jb for the new models. Maybe if they concentrated on the jb more then this senseless back an forth drama that it would of been done a while ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

Why can't they just copy the firmware/baseband of iPhones that are sold unlocked?
    My latest theme - -

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

Because that's not how they are unlocked. Factory unlocked phones have the exact same baseband and firmware as locked ones.

Thanks

its a good idea working on the verison iPhone 4, but dude start on the IOS 4.2.1 firmware first make a working jailbreak so that everybody who accidentally updated (or were promised by apple that upgrading would fix their problems) could have their nice x-mas presents jailbroken.

I'm not a developer or expert on this, but I think Dev-Team should worry more about an untethered jail break than worrying about being on top of every update. As it stands now, they've been working on every update since 4.2 but still haven't finished one of them.

It's not any better on the Droid side of things. New devices with Android ship out with eFuse chip which prevents changing the bootloader.

Maybe I should just get a Nokia N8 lol.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
    I'm not a developer or expert on this, but I think Dev-Team should worry more about an untethered jail break than worrying about being on top of every update. As it stands now, they've been working on every update since 4.2 but still haven't finished one of them.

It's not any better on the Droid side of things. New devices with Android ship out with eFuse chip which prevents changing the bootloader.

Maybe I should just get a Nokia N8 lol.
    How many updates have there been since 4.2?

Default Can anyone help me?
    I have spent all day trying to jailbreak and download torrent safari plugin for my iPad. I just can't figure it out. Jailbreak was downloaded and I followed every direction. Went to cydia, can't find the download for the plug in. I need serious help Thanks
    Jennifer

I just posted a question about needing help with downloading a torrent safari plug in. Can u please help me?
    Last edited by Jenniferperry; 01-20-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post your question in a correct area and you will find better help. May I suggest the general iPhone chat or the jailbreaking section. This is just a news post.

If I haven't got my iPhone4, I am going with WinPhone7....awesome device. I might switch anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hubeb View Post
    its a good idea working on the verison iPhone 4, but dude start on the IOS 4.2.1 firmware first make a working jailbreak so that everybody who accidentally updated (or were promised by apple that upgrading would fix their problems) could have their nice x-mas presents jailbroken.
    They already have or am i missing something. (redsnow 0.9.6rc8)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdakidd View Post
    They already have or am i missing something. (redsnow 0.9.6rc8)
    No your not missing anything, but redsn0w is in the beta stages and needs more work on it so it doesn't really count at the moment.

I hope they can unlock baseband 5.15.04 for my iphone 3g. Cuz its been a while already or hopefully the new firmawares are faster cuz 4.0 and 4.2 make it slow i think it sucks. 4.1 is pretty good though

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

^Why not use the latest unlock via the iPad baseband?

I would like to use it but i dont wanna loose my gps and i heard sometimes u dont even get service on ur iphone so i have to wait hopeully they come up with something soon

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose14 For This Useful Post:

DRFP (01-26-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    ^Why not use the latest unlock via the iPad baseband?
    Maybe the restore issues. Its the only issue I have with it

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xcellerator View Post
    If you buy a new iPhone 4, then you'll probably have to wait at least one more month until the Verizon iPhone comes out. I say stick to your 3GS and use it b/c you won't be unlocking the iPhone 4 anytime soon unless you can find a cheap one on iOS 4.0.2 and lower or Baseband 01.59.00.
    Best yet. Save as much money as you can and buy a factory unlocked iPhone that's not from the states.

Hi I have iPhone 4 from Verizon and I jailbreak it with greenpoison so I flashe the iPhone tobe a cricket and is activate on cricket network 2 weeks later something hapend to it a white apple logo spear on the screen and not turn off or on nothing is like frozen ..anybody knows something thx.. [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234