Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2011 iPhone, iPad to Sport "A8" Dual-Core Chip?

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

heh, I was kind of joking about the qualcomm bit, but here's a new bit engadget just put up: Exclusive: The future of the iPad 2, iPhone 5, and Apple TV, and why Apple is shifting its mobile line to Qualcomm chipsets

They don't quote the source of the info other than 'reliable', but they indicate the new iPad will have a SD card slot (not a USB port), "super hi-res" retina-like display, and that the A5 will be a dual-core A9 based chip, with a 3-way GSM/UMTS/CDMA baseband.

I'm not sure how reliable that news is, but it's sure closer to what I was looking to hear . Certainly seems doable.

Wow, this is insane! Haha, say goodbye to the lag-crammed days of the 2G/3G

Yea like other ppl have mentioned I'm pretty sure it called A5 unless thus sane source us telling everyone different ****

Part of speed is about the OS too. Don't forget that. If the OS is not optimized properly then all the speed will mean nothing. If it is optimized then it will run like a dream on older hardware too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhone on roids.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    It's gonna be more like $199 16g, $299 32g and $399 64g.....
    Still good with me...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

faster is better

All sounds good but if software can't fully utilize it and battery is worst forget it. I will rather wait for iPhone 6. I still think dual-core is still too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    That would be sick. A8 chip and 1 gig of ram would be redonkulous.
    you can stop dreaming now. Apple doesn't make these iDevices to make you want to keep them longer than a single year. Expect the next iPad to have 512MB or ram and other random enhancements. enough to make you want it but not enough for you to look at it come this time 2012 and say, "meh...this one is goog enough."

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

No worries here!!! I know, just as many others do, apple will not be in the race of "who's got the best"...... They have always had an edge on all competitors.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    That would be sick. A8 chip and 1 gig of ram would be redonkulous.
    heck yea it would be

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

We are all smart enough to know a few things: regardless of what news there is the iPhone will not get thicker. It may get wider if it gets a bigger screen. It won't get a dual core chip this year and it will have nearly the same form as this year with some minor upgrades for this year.

Screen resolution and processor won't change. Battery life will get 10-20% better as battery tech improves
    RAM will grow maybe 64-128MB
    Storage will stay the same size
    Lastly, it will probably get FaceTime over 3G

That's all that will happen with this iteration in all likeliness because like someone said, apple wants everyone to get a new phone every year so they make it just good enough to upgrade every year but not good enough that you keep it longer than one year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    We are all smart enough to know a few things:
    That's a pretty bold statement.

If the battery life improves on the next iPhone it will in fact be mostly because of an upgrade to a new dual-core processor.

A 64-128MB memory upgrade is just silly. With the way their RAM is currently connected, they have 2 chips, with the iPad/Touch/TV using 2 128MB chips, and the iPhone 4 using 2 256MB chips. If anything, a 768 MB upgrade using the same A4 might be possible, but 1GB on a new processor is likely.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha, now my nerd side says Omgomgomgomg I want the bigger processor! But my practical side says you just bought an iPod touch 4g moron!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan101proof View Post
    Don't ask how I know just know these facts are true, it's no secret apple skips a year on reforming the looks of their equipment and 2012 will be the dual core processor. The phone will be a tad thicker and wider. The screen will be at almost 4 inches but this is not why it will be bigger. The size will come from the power consumption used to power the duo of processors and 1 gig of ram. The new hard drives will be the same used in the iPod classic. There will be a 160 gig and a 250 gig hard drive available. These will be built for true 4g use that will utilize the GSM capabilities to use FaceTime with a 3 mpxl cam in the front and a 10 on the rear with dual flash and 1080p recordings. The phone will use voice recognition for everything in the phone. Also if this isn't enough. How about the use of playstation network as the game center. You will be able to play turn based games with users on the ps3, right from your iPhone vi, and yes, that's the name of the device. Do you want more? Ok 1 more. How about the addition of satellite tv with your device, oh yes that's right. With the use of true 720p produced by the new 4 inch retina display. You are going to have everything in the palm of your hand with the iPhone VI coming to you in 2012, iPhone 5 will have minor upgrades but in the standards that was 3G to 3GS.
    2 posts... should have kept it to 1...
    "they're trashing our rights. hack the planet!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12