+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MuscleNerd Tweets iPhone Unlock Statement

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Carvensno Yep the more i keep seeing stuff like this, the more that something like this MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G looks more appealing MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G - Android
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Yep the more i keep seeing stuff like this, the more that something like this MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G looks more appealing

MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G - Android 2.2 Smartphone - Wireless from AT&T
    Apple has to acknowledge that they are not the only ones making smart phones in the market. If jailbreaking becomes no more available, I'm gonna have to move on and find something else that will be more appealing. I'm saying this despite the fact that I'm already heavily invested in Apple products with a MaBook Pro, an iPad, a 3GS, and one iPhone 4 in addition to the tens of Apple software I bought over the years. But if they refuse to give us the freedom to choose and manipulate our own devices, I'm sorry to say that we will move on.

Apple people, please read and seriously consider this from your loyal user base.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple always has betas out... One after another these days. Looks like apple found a way to win....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

I know personally I don't get great reception with AT&T. I switched to them only because of the iPhone, and that remains the only reason I am still with them.

I remember having a stock iPhone for a few weeks (waiting for a JB a while back - don't remember which update it was) but if we couldn't JB, I would absolutely go back to Sprint. Reception in my location was the best of everyone I ever tried...

Most likely Apple/AT&T wouldn't care, but neither would I. lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post
    ...I watch DIVX w/o converting...
    You can do that now with Oplayer. It's in the appstore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by copper_maximus View Post
    I'm Definitely thinking about going to the Atrix also, Apple don't know how to keep customers, they are just pushing us away ! I never liked apple and nor will I buy another apple product besides the iPhone, im almost done.
    true. true.
    but how come you say your not gonna use anything else from apple?
    i mean what about real computers?
    as i posted before, the mac used to be a real profit and i can be cynic and say its time apple goes back to business, away from lifestyle, away from iphone mania. if you work with mac you'd have experienced that in the last few years.

i mean what is this thing, beside apple's acctual job: good fast boxes and maintained suites. ...

i dont need to have EVERYTHING in my jeans. right? lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    What a bunch of naysayers and cowards....Thx goodness YOU( jmacsoloist) have some backbone and common sense.Every time it takes more than a day to J/B or unlock the newest update the rats jump the ship.Good riddance I say.I'm tired of every post being hijacked by "who cares about that where is the j/b or unlock? Pay attention,keep your phone like you want it and don't update til the dev team tells you to.I think I have gone maybe a month or more intoto w/ a stock phone and I'm still here,alive and well and happy w/ my iPhone.MN says it perfectly "this is hard stuff and time-consuming so cool your jets". So all you impatient sort...adios!
    You have taken all of my posts out of context. The speed of the releases of the jailbreak is not bothering me. What you don't seem to understand is that the future of jailbreaking and jailbreak app development seems to be in danger as a whole. Get your ignorant head out of your ***.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If apple is successful on preventing jailbreaking I will make the painful switch to android. Their loss

Thanks

I look at it this way... You can always do what you want with something you buy, BUT there are consequences to every action.

If you buy a new car, you can mod the hell out of it to your hearts content. But if you remove the lights, seat belts and emissions because you don't like them, can you still drive that car on the street?

Jailbreaking is great. I love to be able to put different themes on my iPhones. Will NOT being able to do this stop me from using the device? No, because I like it as-is even w/out a JB.

I truly believe some of you are howling at the moon simply because it is there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ReggieSmith For This Useful Post:

BustAGroove (01-15-2011)

Thanks

I'm surprised Apple doesn't sue people who don't purchase or download any Apps. Some people do keep their iPhones the way they came without ever using the App store, and that personal decision takes away from Apple's profits technically. Downloading third party apps is the same thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Apple always has betas out... One after another these days. Looks like apple found a way to win....
    Right.. So if they will never release a JB while a beta is out, they just put themselves out of business.

What happen to the "we can jb any iOS device as long as there isn't a HW change?" I admit I'm ignorant to the coding, etc., but nit being able to JB or having to wait on the next one, won't wreck my life or make me make the statement "I will NEVER use another Apple product again." You guys give apple, (and the DevTeam), too much control over your happiness.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ReggieSmith For This Useful Post:

iPhoneThereforeIAm (01-17-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh well life goes on

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Right.. So if they will never release a JB while a beta is out, they just put themselves out of business.

What happen to the "we can jb any iOS device as long as there isn't a HW change?" I admit I'm ignorant to the coding, etc., but nit being able to JB or having to wait on the next one, won't wreck my life or make me make the statement "I will NEVER use another Apple product again." You guys give apple, (and the DevTeam), too much control over your happiness.
    I could not agree more. I have an iPad and an iPhone 4, and these will be the last apple products I purchase. By the end of the year, many new tablets with similar foot prints to the iPad will be on the market and many of them will be running operating systems other than just android. As soon as Verizon starts selling the iPhone, you can bet many more folks will be working on jailbreaks and they will be released quicker anyway. Both of my devices are jailbroken, however the only feature I use that requires it is mywi.

You can bet that a little later this year when I can get a full featured tablet similar to the iPad that runs windows 7, this ipad will be retired. As far as the iPhone goes, when I switch to verizon later this year, I will not get a new iphone, I will get a droid that dont need to be jailbroken to teather.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    You do realize that jailbreakers account for a MINORITY of all idevice owners, right?
    That's an understatement. I buy 10-15 iPhones a week locally and roughly 90% of them aren't or haven't been jailbroken. I always ask people too hoping they will be so SHSH files will be stored. So just based on my experience with average iPhone users (not a congregation of iPhone nerds like we are on MMi), very few jailbreak.

Again, Apple isn't gonna lose many customers if they make JB impossible. They may lose 65-70% of people on this board but that's nothing for them. Especially when Android's best feature is that they were available on Verizon when Apple wasn't.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I got an iPhone 4 here on iOS 4.1 because all the jailbreaks for 4.2 and higher are tethered. Not gonna complain cuz that's the price you pay to jailbreak, plus 4.2 doesn't really have any must have feature in my eyes. MuscleNerd's doing the right thing by not releasing it until 4.3, people will upgrade right when it comes out then expect a new unlock and jailbreak to roll out...

Thanks

The reason apple is fighting so hard is not the mobile market it is because they want to make macs the same way as ios BUT Apple will loose on this battle. even if they win in the court they will loose like they did to windows years ego. Steve Job is about to take a wrong turn again. this is in his blood

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delizaza23 View Post
    The reason apple is fighting so hard is not the mobile market it is because they want to make macs the same way as ios BUT Apple will loose on this battle. even if they win in the court they will loose like they did to windows years ego. Steve Job is about to take a wrong turn again. this is in his blood
    Yep, the man is worth $6 billion and he's just full of mistakes.

Speaking of mistakes, have you ever tried proof-reading before posting? I'd recommend giving it a shot once in a while.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

iJake (01-14-2011), mortopher (01-14-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yentrog31 View Post
    What a bunch of naysayers and cowards....Thx goodness YOU( jmacsoloist) have some backbone and common sense.Every time it takes more than a day to J/B or unlock the newest update the rats jump the ship.Good riddance I say.I'm tired of every post being hijacked by "who cares about that where is the j/b or unlock? Pay attention,keep your phone like you want it and don't update til the dev team tells you to.I think I have gone maybe a month or more intoto w/ a stock phone and I'm still here,alive and well and happy w/ my iPhone.MN says it perfectly "this is hard stuff and time-consuming so cool your jets". So all you impatient sort...adios!
    It's not about the wait, what i don;t like is the drama going on between the developers. Because of there big ego's getting int he way of things and pointing fingers. Thats what i don't care for it's just stupid. Work as a team for gods sake!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

they cant crack down anything if jailbreaking is Legal, Apple can complain as much as they want, and they may take the home button out, but am positive they'll have another whole open.

Thanks

Those basterss!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

If people would stop pirating apps, jailbreaking wouldn't look so bad to Apple... You know when Apple think's jailbreak they think of pirating... Yeah they look at the modification and stuff but still. Jailbreaking is not pirating but some people look at it that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    My iPhone isn't jailbroken right now though. I am on 4.2.1 but I have shsh blobs for 4.1 and even 4.0.1 (plus 4.2.1b3)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    My iPad isn't jailbroken either. I had it jailbroken on 4.2.1 but I restored it.
    Last edited by McMichael96; 01-14-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Maully-merged Doublepost
    I like apple stuff.
    If you see the username "McMichael96" anywhere, it's probably me.