+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MuscleNerd Tweets iPhone Unlock Statement

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think we've all forgot that there are good hackers that use Verizon or other services that havent tried their hand at jailbreaking, with so many others possibly getting their
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think we've all forgot that there are good hackers that use Verizon or other services that havent tried their hand at jailbreaking, with so many others possibly getting their hands on it, I believe we'll see a few more ppl added to the jailbreak team...just my thought tho

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Un-Jailbroken iPhone 4>anything else currently available. I love all the doom and gloom about leaving Apple if you can't jailbreak blah blah blah.

Enjoy your second rate Android devices that are so "open" that they still require root.
    You don't get out much do you? The only thing keeping me with the iPhone IS the jailbreak. It used to be that other touch devices didn't have the touch interface down pat, but that is history. A non-jailbroken phone is crippled.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Cokeman (01-14-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone yentrog31's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    Sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    I believe the concept of jailbreaking will be a moot point within the next few iOS upgrades. Apple is getting ready to clamp down. It looks like the iPhone 4 will be my second and last Apple product
    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Yep the more i keep seeing stuff like this, the more that something like this MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G looks more appealing

MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G - Android 2.2 Smartphone - Wireless from AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacsoloist View Post
    @musclenerd is doing the right thing, no doubt. We get so flippin' impatient about jailbreaks, not taking into account the countless hours that the dev team pours into making them readily available to the public. Also, once they roll a jailbreak out, it's gone FOREVER. We may not like it but the best thing for us all is to wait until apple's next release so we can keep jailbreaking around for as long as possible. Thanks for standing your ground even in the face of adversity, musclenerd!
    What a bunch of naysayers and cowards....Thx goodness YOU( jmacsoloist) have some backbone and common sense.Every time it takes more than a day to J/B or unlock the newest update the rats jump the ship.Good riddance I say.I'm tired of every post being hijacked by "who cares about that where is the j/b or unlock? Pay attention,keep your phone like you want it and don't update til the dev team tells you to.I think I have gone maybe a month or more intoto w/ a stock phone and I'm still here,alive and well and happy w/ my iPhone.MN says it perfectly "this is hard stuff and time-consuming so cool your jets". So all you impatient sort...adios!
    "It takes a rare thing, a turning point, to free oneself from any obsession. Be it prejudice or hate, or, even love"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to yentrog31 For This Useful Post:

2006yamahaR6 (01-14-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not really worried.. Dev team always takes a while to unlock the .2's.. Think about it.. 3.1.2 took a while, 2.2.1 took a while.. Im not worried.. And every year around this time people always start worrying about the "end" of jailbreaking etc.. It's a cycle.. Everybody just calm down. Jailbreaking isn't going anywhere.. But I know what musclenerd and everybody else should b mad it.. Muscle and geo are making tools for jailbreaking but saurik, etc are making money of it.. Where's muslces piece of the pie?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You don't get out much do you? The only thing keeping me with the iPhone IS the jailbreak. It used to be that other touch devices didn't have the touch interface down pat, but that is history. A non-jailbroken phone is crippled.
    lol really? I had my iP4 jailbroken once and the only thing I ever used was carrier hack for a custom carrier logo. I already had Handylight for tethering ($1 versus your beloved mywi for $20) which doesn't even need a JB.

And you're naive if you think that elimination of JB (either by Apple's hardware changes or thru laws) will slow down iPhone sales. Android's best days were last month before Verizon got the iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gigapocket1 View Post
    Where's muslces piece of the pie?
    I've wondered that too (as well as the other dev team members)
    I have donated to comex but not the others (feeling bad now). I wonder how they get paid...

Thanks

and this is a company im trying to get a job with...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There was a serious girl fight early this morning. It's pretty sad.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

Just about how much the iPhone 4 will be on the streets if they do take away the home button and cause problems with jailbreaking. Hopefully I can sell my iPhone 4 and Retire. LOL

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Dear Apple,

If you can add SBSettings, App Switcher Brightness, Backgrounder & Remove Recents (seriously, I want to control what backgrounds and what doesn't!), Direct Control, Folder Enhancer, iBlacklist, iFile, iGotYa, iProtect (how have you still not got around to adding something like this?!?), MyWi (we've already paid for the data once - why do you care where it goes?), 3G Unrestrictor, Navigate from Maps & OpenSSH, then I'll happily live with a stock, non-jailbroken iPhone. Otherwise, if it becomes impossible/illegal to jailbreak future devices, I won't be buying another iPhone.

Also, devs - here's one thing you could do immediately... Please can see we see an end to the public in-fighting? Apple loves to label JBers along with software pirates, terrorists and drug dealers. The recent back-and-forth on twitter doesn't make us look very professional.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to csglinux For This Useful Post:

ihappy (01-14-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    I occurs to me that Apple has already beaten the JB Dev's. One minute they say "jailbreak for life" and they can JB any device with any FW until Apple changes the hardware. Next thing you know, a small revision stumps them for months, and they can't figure out how to untether it.
    It took them 6 weeks to JB 4.0, and its already been over 2 months since 4.2, and they keep making lame excuses and fighting amongst themselves.

I'm really stressed out about it, but it looks like the iPhone 4 (and iOS 4.1) is the end of the line for me and Apple, a stock iPhone is useless to me.

Apple is apparently even stupider that I thought, because eliminating the ability to jailbreak, will likely also eliminate a LARGE percentage of iPhone users.
    You do realize that jailbreakers account for a MINORITY of all idevice owners, right?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

jdm.accord (01-14-2011)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Un-Jailbroken iPhone 4>anything else currently available. I love all the doom and gloom about leaving Apple if you can't jailbreak blah blah blah.

Enjoy your second rate Android devices that are so "open" that they still require root.
    If the iPhone can no longer be jailbroken, I switch to "a second rate device" it just be came a first rate because I can root it & do what I want with it. I will enjoy it very much.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Yep the more i keep seeing stuff like this, the more that something like this MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G looks more appealing

MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G - Android 2.2 Smartphone - Wireless from AT&T
    Damn.... That does look nice.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmacsoloist View Post
    @musclenerd is doing the right thing, no doubt. We get so flippin' impatient about jailbreaks, not taking into account the countless hours that the dev team pours into making them readily available to the public. Also, once they roll a jailbreak out, it's gone FOREVER. We may not like it but the best thing for us all is to wait until apple's next release so we can keep jailbreaking around for as long as possible. Thanks for standing your ground even in the face of adversity, musclenerd!
    +1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    Being able to jailbreak was the reason I bought more apple products. The only Apple products I had were an iPhone and iPod. When my laptop died I recently bought a MAC because I like the way it worked with the iPhone natively and for JB-ing. Then I recently bought an iPad and AppleTV, both JB-ed, because of how I could make them all work together and better with JB. I can honestly say if I never JB my iPhone, I would not have spend the additional thousands, literally on a MACBOOK Pro, iPad and ATV. How is my JB hurting Apple?
    I had to look for a second time to see if I posted this because that is exactly what happened to me. When the first iPhone was released, I waited about 4-5 months before I got one. Then I learned about JBing and have been hooked every since. Now, I have an iPad, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, iPhone 2G, and my 3GS. Like many others, I was waiting for the summer to see what the iPhone 5 (or whatever they are gonna call the newest phone). But with this news about a possible hardware remake and the devs fighting over twitter, I have to really think about maybe getting an iP4 by months end.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's human nature to circumvent, as soon as someone puts up a wall, someone else finds a way around it. If apple pulls the home button (which would kinda piss me off from a UI perspective), then our kickass devs will come up with a way around it (remember jailbreakme.com? No home button needed there...)

Stop being so pissy and support the devs instead of belittling them because their release schedule doesn't revolve around your needs

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2006yamahaR6 For This Useful Post:

BustAGroove (01-15-2011), iPhoneThereforeIAm (01-17-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Dear Apple,

If you can add SBSettings, App Switcher Brightness, Backgrounder & Remove Recents (seriously, I want to control what backgrounds and what doesn't!), Direct Control, Folder Enhancer, iBlacklist, iFile, iGotYa, iProtect (how have you still not got around to adding something like this?!?), MyWi (we've already paid for the data once - why do you care where it goes?), 3G Unrestrictor, Navigate from Maps & OpenSSH, then I'll happily live with a stock, non-jailbroken iPhone. Otherwise, if it becomes impossible/illegal to jailbreak future devices, I won't be buying another iPhone.

Also, devs - here's one thing you could do immediately... Please can see we see an end to the public in-fighting? Apple loves to label JBers along with software pirates, terrorists and drug dealers. The recent back-and-forth on twitter doesn't make us look very professional.
    I totally agree. Apple needs to quit jamming their thumbs up their a$$e$ and make everything legal so we wont have to jailbreak our devices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i think jb-ing is nothing but a thrill.
    even if you dramatize and say iphone will go down, you can think "maybe they find the time again to work on the pro apps" ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post
    and this is why i sold my iphone 4 and bought and hd2, put android on it, and am happier than a dog with 2 dongs. I buy a phone, i should be able to do exactly what i want with it. Jailbreak, or hammer break it. Doesnt matter. Its like we are leasing the phones from apple.

Ive been a loyal iphone user since the first iphone, but i saw that htc vs iphone video on youtube and it kind of woke me up. When it comes to features, android 2.2 is still way ahead of even my iphone 4. Seriously, i can use 90% of the phones functions by voice, i have widgets, my screen is way bigger, its faster, more stable, i watch divx w/o converting, can upgrade the memory whenever i want, buy a new battery when this one goes doa, and since i'm on tmobile, i get 4g speeds. I tether a consistant 5mbs and i live in downtown atl. Yeeeeeaaaa... Im straight with my htc
    u very right man, htc all the way, i had the htc hd2 for about 3 week and went for the htc nexus one and thats what am sticking to...apple cant compare it self to htc and android...i have iphone 3GS and iphone 4 SO I REALLY HAVE A FEEL OF BOTH WORLDS...real talk....cheers
    Last edited by sleek; 01-14-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm Definitely thinking about going to the Atrix also, Apple don't know how to keep customers, they are just pushing us away ! I never liked apple and nor will I buy another apple product besides the iPhone, im almost done.