+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CDMA iPhone Could Become Major Mobile Player in Asia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple may want to really ramp up iPhone production if the latest reports out of Asia are accurate. According to various published reports Thursday, the forthcoming release of the Verizon
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default CDMA iPhone Could Become Major Mobile Player in Asia

Apple may want to really ramp up iPhone production if the latest reports out of Asia are accurate. According to various published reports Thursday, the forthcoming release of the Verizon iPhone has enticed major cellular carriers in both China and India to jump on the iPhone bandwagon. As DigitTimes noted, Apple will need an unprecedented supply of iPhones to meet this demand, as the company is already scheduled to begin supplying the CDMA iPhone in massive numbers overseas this year, including to Japan and South Korea.

China Telecom - the nation's third largest mobile carrier - and India's Tata Teleservice are CDMA networks now believed to be in talks with Apple to bring the iPhone to their networks. China Unicom, which is a competing GSM network, can barely accommodate the iPhone 4 orders presently on its slate. As demand for the touchscreen handset continues to grow, Apple - according to market analysts - will have no logical reason to exclude prominent CDMA networks in heavily populated locations throughout Asia.

Verizon's announcement Tuesday rocked the mobile industry in the US. And it now appears that Apple's foray into CDMA territory will lead to record iPhone production and sales across the global landscape. In the United States alone, the CDMA iPhone is expected to double the number of current iPhone users in the market, according to the same report from DigiTimes.

DigiTimes

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Great expansion opportunity

iPhone? More like MyPhone lillstar12's Avatar
    Thanks

The white one looks so nice mmmmm

And a great opportunity too.
    Last edited by lillstar12; 01-13-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I wonder if Apple could even fill those orders

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Seems to me like a good time to invest in apple stocks...

Thanks

A good time would have been 1998

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

White one does look sweet the world is gonna be overrun with iPhones

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

Yea that white one looks so polished

Thanks

lol those are GSM phones. Who runs the photoshop department around here anyway

The white has a certain clean look to it. I've converted four to white and sold them before eBay started cracking down. Kinda wanna convert my personal one now.

Thanks

Its a cool look but I would hate to go thru all the changing back if I had a warranty issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Its a cool look but I would hate to go thru all the changing back if I had a warranty issue.
    Worst part (by far) is the headphone jack. That thing is a major PITA because of the way its folded and how the ring/mute switch goes in. Other than that its really pretty quick and painless.

I was making a killing off them ($4-$500 profit per phone) but Apple cracked down and eBay pulled my listings and warned that further listings would result in suspensions. So.......I quit lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I know, hopefully they have some secrete plant somewhere if they plan to expand this large
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What the Phở? CDMA??? CDMA??? Who need CDMA? CDMA = FAIL!!!! CDMA>>>> Can not using data and voice at the same time. That is where it FAIL!!!! GSM rule!!! The reason why China want CDMA phone is because the government want to control. Remember iPhone in China without WiFi???? CDMA = Fail!!! iPhone without WiFi = FAIL!!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

... for enough money, mountains have been moved; men have walked on the moon. They'll fill those orders alright.

Quote Originally Posted by vruls View Post
    Seems to me like a good time to invest in apple stocks...
    ... about a year ago or so, it was at under 200. It may still be a good time to buy. I bought Google stock at about what Apple is now and saw it climb to 700. If you do plan on buying Apple stock, do so in stages.
    Last edited by putosusio; 01-14-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

The fact that verizon is getting an iphone is no threat to at&t. The fact that cdma technology that has neen obsolete for over 20 years is incapable of browsing the net and talking on phone simultaneously will greatly put verizon buyers of the iphone in a state of buyers remorse. I will never switch to verizon for the simple fact that they falsely advertise to their customer base. 3g & subsequently 4g are impossible to achieve on a cdma or tdma platform. I know this from a college education and military experience in the matter. In order to achieve 3g or utms you have to be on a gsm platform and to get the split signal 4g better know to people of intelligence as hsdpa and hsupa must also be on a gsm platform with a minimal requirement of high packet transfer on general packet radio sevice which is the basest form of gsm technology. Something neither sprint nor verizon have. I know i used to work for verizon. So i will stay put with a carrier who is CAPABLE of delivering a true 4g to my iphone so i wont have to make sacrifices. The only reason verizon is getting an iphone(a stripped down model at that) is because apple got tired of hearing the verizon people cry about not having iphones. So now verizon gets one "just to shut them up".

As for asia.... Asia is gsm just like europe and the rest of the world. The u.s. Is the ONLY country with this obsolete technology still in use.