+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4.3: Out with the Old, In with the New

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple is not a charity organization. They exist for the sole responsibility of their owners = shareholders. People invest in a company for one reason... profit. Apple must answer to
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Apple is not a charity organization. They exist for the sole responsibility of their owners = shareholders. People invest in a company for one reason... profit. Apple must answer to it's share holders year in and year out. They strategize their anual refresh, marketing, and new product launches to maximize profit. If they can find a way to make more money by leaving out features in upgrades, making older products obsolete faster, or anything else.. guess what... they will!

If you think this is greed then you obviously don't have investments... especially in the tech industry or in oil. For most people their financial future and ability to retire depend on investments in stocks, mutual funds, 401K's.. etc. You are a stock holder in many companies and as an investor you are owed a payout and should expect the companies you are highly leveraged in to be as greedy as possible on your behalf. Because the mean age on this forum is under 18 (last time I checked) these concepts don't really hit home with you yet but give it 15 or 20 years and you'll get it.

Thanks

I understand all that but I don't agree with them not making updates for older models...people STILL use the 2 and 3G widely...we won't see them replaced for another year or so. Especially when you think about it, the iPhone. It's not an iPod where you can just dispose of it after a new one comes out.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't guess I'm allowed to like my 3g

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post

If you think this is greed then you obviously don't have investments... especially in the tech industry or in oil. For most people their financial future and ability to retire depend on investments in stocks, mutual funds, 401K's.. etc. You are a stock holder in many companies and as an investor you are owed a payout and should expect the companies you are highly leveraged in to be as greedy as possible on your behalf.
    Fully agree.
    On 22 feb 2010, the news reported, "The price of gas has gone up 3 to 5 cents a gallon based on speculated increase in demand"

Nobody said a word, and the price rose, and rose AGAIN shortly before Easter. This is a perfect example of corporate greed that pays out to thousands of investers. Ethical? I think not!
    Brilliant? Heck yeah
    Apple plays the same game very well, and seems to be winning. The fact is, that they make dang good hardware, pretty good software, once WE get at it, and the updates are free. If you have purchased an app, and the update of the app requires the next firmware, it is usually written somewhere in the description that it is iOS 4.0 tested. That would be your clue NOT to update. I have two ipod touch, second gen still on 3.1.3, and they do not get the 4.0 software or games. OK, so doodlejump only has four worlds instead of six. So? Still an addicting game. Pachinko works on it, and so do many other greats.
    I am satisfied.

Bottom line, if you like apple, play the game. If not, get an Android or crackberry and beg for the latest software upgrade a month later, then go buy ANOTHER phone or pay $30.00 if the upgrade works on your phone.
    unklbyl

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123