Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases iOS 4.3 Beta for Devs

Here is some good news, seems like the first beta of iOS 4.3 has been jailbroken already!!!

I won't be updating to 4.3 due to the lack of features. Seems like Apple is copying the apps found on Cydia (paid or free) and implementing them on the iOS releases. Having the option to hotspot is a great feature but this has been available for a while on a paid app from Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    yet if have to restore....... won't we be forced to?

Thats why I hate Apple at times, they force the upgrades
    Not if you have your current or previous iOS version(s) SHSH blob saved.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackmajik2k9 View Post
    Here is some good news, seems like the first beta of iOS 4.3 has been jailbroken already!!!

I won't be updating to 4.3 due to the lack of features. Seems like Apple is copying the apps found on Cydia (paid or free) and implementing them on the iOS releases. Having the option to hotspot is a great feature but this has been available for a while on a paid app from Cydia.
    Sure it has. All the same exploits work. Only a hardware revision will change that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone red_zone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    Um, is it working now? Calm down, enjoy some music on it, whatever. Don't buy into this forced-obsolescence crap; the value we get from our gadgets is in their use, not in having the latest firmware. I'm still on 4.0.

Oh, and-- have a nice day.

What do you mean "is it working now?" of course it is working now. I dont know about you, but I personally like to take care of my expensive apple toys.
    GEOHOT VS. SONY- A FREAKING EPIC BLOG

iHack iDevices

PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

All I want is for my iPhone4 to work with my Alpine ida-X001 headunit in my car. It works like butter on 4.0.x, under 4.1 is sounded like a skipping CD, and now on 4.2 all I get is "ipod error" and I'm forced to use RCA instead of USB.

Here this Apple: If you don't fix this problem I will... still buy an iPhone5 on AT&T... But you better believe I'll still keep on complaining!
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    All I want is for my iPhone4 to work with my Alpine ida-X001 headunit in my car. It works like butter on 4.0.x, under 4.1 is sounded like a skipping CD, and now on 4.2 all I get is "ipod error" and I'm forced to use RCA instead of USB.

Here this Apple: If you don't fix this problem I will... still buy an iPhone5 on AT&T... But you better believe I'll still keep on complaining!
    That's what I'm talkin' about!!!! Tell 'em how it is!!!!!

error message when installing 4.3. This firmware is not compatable with this ipad.

Any ideas?
    I'm a violent computer geek!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaMi View Post
    4.2.1 is the last 2g update?!? That stinks! I guess I will be upgrading once the untethered comes out... All the more reason to get a 5 when it comes out.
    If you have an MB model iPod touch 2G then you already have an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1.

iHack iDevices

Quote Originally Posted by red_zone View Post
    What do you mean "is it working now?" of course it is working now. I dont know about you, but I personally like to take care of my expensive apple toys.
    Of course indeed--that was my point. I too like to "take care of" my iDevices, but they aren't animals; they don't need to be "fed" the latest firmware. So many people feel it necessary to update as soon as a new fw comes out...and then they ***** about jailbreaks, unlocks, etc. Don't buy into that mentality. Use your device, enjoy it, and get "mad" about something more important.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

Of course indeed--that was my point. I too like to "take care of" my iDevices, but they aren't animals; they don't need to be "fed" the latest firmware. So many people feel it necessary to update as soon as a new fw comes out...and then they ***** about jailbreaks, unlocks, etc. Don't buy into that mentality. Use your device, enjoy it, and get "mad" about something more important.
    ITS THE PRINCIPAL OF THE WHOLE THING!

you know what, never mind, you must be too ignorant to understand
    Last edited by red_zone; 01-22-2011 at 10:28 PM.

iHack iDevices

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

It's cool to have those in the stock camera tho

ITS THE PRINCIPAL OF THE WHOLE THING!

you know what, never mind, you must be to ignorant to understand
    Not sure what "principal" you're referring to, so yes, I must be "to" ignorant to understand. Is it that you're owed a jailbreak by someone?
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Thanks

Not sure what "principal" you're referring to, so yes, I must be "to" ignorant to understand. Is it that you're owed a jailbreak by someone?

Look moron. I dont give a d**n about a FN 4.3 jailbreak BECAUSE MY IPOD WON'T RUN 4.3, and no I dont feel that I am owed a jailbreak by someone (I APPRECIATE the HARD WORK that the dev team does for jailbreaks).

Anyways, the principal is the fact that I PAYED apple almost 200 dollars for my iPod touch not even 1 and a half years ago and now it will never receive another software update after 4.2.1. And whats worse is that my iPhone 2G (that cost an *** load of money) will never receive another software update and there are 60+ security holes (that we know of) in 3.1.3 (the last update for 1st gen devices)

iHack iDevices

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Look moron. I dont give a d**n about a FN 4.3 jailbreak BECAUSE MY IPOD WON'T RUN 4.3, and no I dont feel that I am owed a jailbreak by someone (I APPRECIATE the HARD WORK that the dev team does for jailbreaks).

Anyways, the principal is the fact that I PAYED apple almost 200 dollars for my iPod touch not even 1 and a half years ago and now it will never receive another software update after 4.2.1. And whats worse is that my iPhone 2G (that cost an *** load of money) will never receive another software update and there are 60+ security holes (that we know of) in 3.1.3 (the last update for 1st gen devices)
    Buyer beware.

Hey red_zone, does spellcheck work on your device?

My original point was that your iPod works just fine right now, so enjoy it. As for the 2G, I too paid $600 for it when it first came out. (Miss that phone.) A month or so later, Apple dropped the price by $200. That is the price one pays for being an early adopter.

I have an ancient iPod that still provides utility. I use it mostly as an external hard drive, but it plays music and video just fine, despite not receiving a fw update in years.
    Quaerite et invenietis.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345