Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Prepping Major iPhone PR Push That May Come at Android's Expense

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Why would anyone want to downgrade from an Android 4g phone that also has Flash Player to a slower iPhone that only works with 3g and doesn't support Flash Player? It makes no sense to me. Lets pay more money and lock myself in for another 2 years with a phone that is already behind the curve just so I can say I have an iPhone. What idiots!
    I'm confused by all the Droids available. Which Droid phone does Verizon offer -- that I can walk into a store and get today -- that uses Verizon's '4G'?

I was under the impression that their 4G handsets were 'coming soon' and all they currently had were 4G data devices ('modems').

Quote Originally Posted by Ochocinco View Post
    I want there network to screw up now, shut up all the fake at&t User that said the network sucks and other crap they said about AT&T, proud user for 8 years while living in two different states
    so anyone on at&t who says they have bad coverage is lying? Well im glad you're here to tell other people how THEIR phones are working.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leathelisor View Post
    so anyone on at&t who says they have bad coverage is lying? Well im glad you're here to tell other people how THEIR phones are working.
    Personally, in my area AT&T is disgustingly unreliable for calls. For 3G data, on the other hand, the service is hands down the best on the market. My upload and download speeds are often faster than my Time Warner Cable. As soon as I leave Los Angeles the network takes a total dive, both for calls and data. And yes, I realize that calls go through 3G when 3G is available, but in Los Angeles the rules of physics are bent and only data services, not voice, seem to work well.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    And this is a big plus for ATT.
    Not if you have paid for 3G for 3 years and gotten nothing but edge. Dam near nothing verizon can do will stop those of us being rammed in the A by ATT when it comes time to convert.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

5. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

DRFP (01-13-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Not if you have paid for 3G for 3 years and gotten nothing but edge. Dam near nothing verizon can do will stop those of us being rammed in the A by ATT when it comes time to convert.
    Yea, it all depends on the areas. I get great 3G coverage on all the places I visit all over the US. So sticking with it. If I got horrible service like I did when I was with T-Mobile and Sprint then I would switch again too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Ditto here!!! Past Portland, ME, no 3G from AT&T, plus most areas can't even get ATT but verizon does give us not just good service but also 3G
    --
    Brick & Mortar Mantra: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Web Mantra: If it ain't broke, fix it anyway!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    Just when the race between the iOS and Android was getting close Apple does this. It will definitely help them take the cell phone market more than they already have.
    AT&T is launching 12 new Android phones. The one I am going to check out is the Atrix. It has a docking station that turns your phone into a laptop.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It will be interesting to watch the iPhone battle begin in the U.S. I don't think as many people will be leaving AT&T as is being hinted around to in the blogospheres.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12