+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-Fi Hotspot Support Coming to AT&T iPhones?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I cant wait til Boost! Mobile gets the iPhone!!!!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I cant wait til Boost! Mobile gets the iPhone!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Man, I hope you get banned.
    why should he get banned? He could be using PDAnet which is free or just paid 2.00 for tetherme. I know he said free but he might of meant just cheaper. But the former is definately free until you register.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3k2 View Post
    why should he get banned? He could be using PDAnet which is free or just paid 2.00 for tetherme. I know he said free but he might of meant just cheaper. But the former is definately free until you register.
    Not jailbroken here and I use Handylight for tethering. Best $0.99 app ever lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    I bumped up my minute plan and ATT took my unlimited data away. They didn't even tell me that by changing my minute plan it would change my data. The rep told me after the fact.
    Or Verizon has the same shocking revelation that AT&T did--if you offer unlimited data on an iPhone (or any other smartphone/tablet device, granted, but the iPhone seems to be the most-blamed culprit) you WILL get some jerks who WILL use 50 GiB a month and totally abuse both the price and congest the network thoroughly--and therefore revert to the no-unlimited tiered structure.
    Then It will finally be time to switch to t-mobile or sprint who aren't afraid of the word unlimited. Besides nobody complains when you talk for 5000 minutes or send 10 million texts a month. You must be an AT&T employee.

I bumped up my minute plan and ATT took my unlimited data away. They didn't even tell me that by changing my minute plan it would change my data. The rep told me after the fact.
    Damn Bro, you got played. I added a line,switched to a family plan with a second iphone for my wife. My data plan stayed the same but she could only get 2gb's.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't see Boost or Sprint ever getting the iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    AT&T needs to give us the hotspot feature for free. I don't think I should have to pay extra to tether my iPad when i'm paying for unlimited data on the iPhone and have been for 3 straight years.
    +1
    same here. I've had every iPhone available so far, and have an unlimited data plan. I do use about 15gb a month through MyWi, but to be courteous to other AT&T users I don't do anything that produces heavy traffic during the day. I just currently live in military barracks where there is no standard Internet available, so this is my only option.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    "However, jailbreakers have been able to tether their iPhones for some time now using MyWi, and there’s only a one-time charge of $20."
    +1 MyWi + data/voice + grandfathered in unlimited data = win!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jwil736 For This Useful Post:

Mookest (01-12-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Man, I hope you get banned.
    Why would you hope he gets banned? Just because he said he got it without paying for it? He didn't ask for a way to get it for free or post how to.
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 01-12-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    Why would you hope he gets banned? Just because he said he got it without paying for it? He didn't ask for a way to get it for free or post how to.
    Banned my be a little harsh, But. He rudely posted his beliefs while being ignorant. This discussion is about the WiFi feature. He called us (mywi users) "Not Smart Enough" to get free tether. Most tether users could usb and bluetooth tether for free for a long time. Most of us ARE smart enough. But try to create a hotspot on his method. And a power adjustable, passworded wifi, hotspot to boot. Sure we could have spent a lot of time to use the old ver pdanet but that takes time. $20 is a small price to pay for a great app that can hotspot and on the side enables usb/BT tether. But we all had free usb/bt tether for a long time. So read before you post helps to fight ignorance or someone may suggest to ban. IMO

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mookest For This Useful Post:

Channan (01-12-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I refuse to pay for the same data plan twice a month. Unless im getting another unlimited (5gb package) to tether (not that i need it) I will never pay for their damn monthly fee for tethering.

MiWi FTW forever. This is one of the main reasons I will never give up my jailbreak!

Thanks

OH BTW this was taken from Verizon's website. for reading pleasure.

"Will any Verizon Wireless apps be available on iPhone?

iPhone will have the 3G Mobile Hotspot app pre-installed, and it will also have other popular apps available in the market such as VZ Navigator, and V CAST Media Manager. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mookest View Post
    Banned my be a little harsh, But. He rudely posted his beliefs while being ignorant. This discussion is about the WiFi feature. He called us (mywi users) "Not Smart Enough" to get free tether. Most tether users could usb and bluetooth tether for free for a long time. Most of us ARE smart enough. But try to create a hotspot on his method. And a power adjustable, passworded wifi, hotspot to boot. Sure we could have spent a lot of time to use the old ver pdanet but that takes time. $20 is a small price to pay for a great app that can hotspot and on the side enables usb/BT tether. But we all had free usb/bt tether for a long time. So read before you post helps to fight ignorance or someone may suggest to ban. IMO
    I understand what your saying. It just seems funny when i see people always saying "I hope you get banned". That's all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mookest View Post
    OH BTW this was taken from Verizon's website. for reading pleasure.

"Will any Verizon Wireless apps be available on iPhone?

iPhone will have the 3G Mobile Hotspot app pre-installed, and it will also have other popular apps available in the market such as VZ Navigator, and V CAST Media Manager. "
    Yea so? VZ nav is poopy and the Vcast is annoying. As will be their pre-installed apps they will charge you for more per month.

Again, MiWi ftw.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trojohn39532 View Post
    Then It will finally be time to switch to t-mobile or sprint who aren't afraid of the word unlimited. Besides nobody complains when you talk for 5000 minutes or send 10 million texts a month. You must be an AT&T employee.

Damn Bro, you got played. I added a line,switched to a family plan with a second iphone for my wife. My data plan stayed the same but she could only get 2gb's.
    Yeah.. def got the shaft on that one. I lowered my minutes in my family plan and added a second iphone for my wife too. Data is still the same, still grandfathered in at $30 for unlimited... Just checked, this had me worried for a moment.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CX3NT3_713 View Post
    mywi app doesnt work anymore? with the last update via cydia,, is anyone else having this problem too??
    not mine, used it last night, works great actually. have you tried rebooting your phone?
    Last edited by EskimoRuler; 01-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

tethering since iphone 3g? how about pdanet on iphone 2g? tethering via edge. that was whats up.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to k0mpresd For This Useful Post:

an82mustang (01-14-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Call 'em back - get it back. ...if its true...
    Your change in minutes should not affect your data plan - period. If it did, call them back and make it happen. Don't settle for excuses. They can "give it back" & did it for me wihtout losing rollover either.

You can threaten moving to Verizon for your iPhone.

Your change in minutes should not affect your data plan - period. If it did, call them back and make it happen. Don't settle for excuses. They can "give it back" & did it for me wihtout losing rollover either.

You can threaten moving to Verizon for your iPhone.
    Last edited by rickinsav; 01-12-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

You should go back and talk to them.
    If you had unlimited data, you should be grandfathered in just like me.
    I even changed phones recently. I had an iphone 3GS and now I have an iphone 4.
    I asked when switching, and they said I would be grandfathered in.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe if enough people ditch AT&T the remaining one's can get mobile hot spot for free <--- Not holding my breath

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    When the Verizon iPhone comes out what is gonna stop the dev team from just copying the hotspot feature over to the ATT iPhone