Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Leaves Door Wide Open for Sprint, T-Mobile iPhone

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Leaves Door Wide Open for Sprint, T-Mobile iPhone

As covered in Paul's report this morning on Verizon's iPhone announcement, Lowell MacAdam, President and Chief Operating Officer of Verizon, began his presentation by telling the audience comprised mostly of tech reporters that "if the press writes something long enough and hard enough, it eventually becomes true." After three years of incessant Verizon iPhone reports, a reality has been made of one of mobile's longest-running rumors.

And just as quickly another rumor has set the blogosphere buzzing.

The latest speculation, of course, contends that Apple has left the door wide open for the iPhone to debut next on the Sprint network. During the Verizon presentation Tuesday morning at Rose Hall inside New York City's Lincoln Center, Apple Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook stated that his company's agreement with Verizon for the CDMA iPhone is "non-exclusive." Given that reality, Apple could easily bring its hugely popular touchscreen smartphone to Sprint's CDMA network. What's more, the non-exclusive proclamation made by Cook means that a future GSM iPhone could come to T-Mobile.

Although it took three years for Apple to expand its carrier relationships in the US, most Wall Street business and tech analysts don't believe it will take as long for Apple to initiate the next round of carrier expansions. Although Verizon will likely get the lion-share of fresh iPhone attention during the next six months, many believe that within one year, Apple will have also debuted a fourth and fifth generation iPhone on Sprint and/or T-Mobile.

PC World

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

ADF (01-12-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

That is if there is anyone even left on T-Mobile after all of this...

This is GREAT news for T-mo users. Hold out just a little longer friends!!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devesstate For This Useful Post:

("\(.:...:.)/")~RaWr (01-11-2011), Bryan000 (01-12-2011), soulthoughts (01-11-2011)

Thanks

Sweet, Now everyone who hates AT&T get off the network and go congest up Verizon and soon to be sprint and T. Get ready to hear the complains of Verizon network dropping calls and getting bad service.

Fans of AT&T get ready for a congestion free network.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mookest For This Useful Post:

an82mustang (01-11-2011), andrewb283 (01-11-2011), code3-ems (01-11-2011), drjailbreakMD (01-11-2011), jordbrett (01-11-2011), reanimationxp (01-13-2011), Squeaky369 (01-11-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Wait, what? Did I hear that right? "Fans of AT&T"? rofl.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mungorgor For This Useful Post:

("\(.:...:.)/")~RaWr (01-11-2011), staterunner180 (01-11-2011)

I'm sorry, but I laughed pretty hard when I saw this article.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (01-13-2011), Snozberries (01-11-2011), spazturtle (01-11-2011), vinaygoel2000 (01-11-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mookest View Post
    Sweet, Now everyone who hates AT&T get off the network and go congest up Verizon and soon to be sprint and T. Get ready to hear the complains of Verizon network dropping calls and getting bad service.

+1
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

T-Mobile has great service where I live and AT&T is garbage. Guess this means another year or more with AT&T and my Microcell.

VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!! So glad all the AT&T haters will leave and go to Verizon. Personally I love AT&T, always have and always will. Verizon iPhone users, get ready for the complaints to come in regarding the lack of voice/data capabilities. Ill gladly take my faster AT&T 3G data iPhone over your Verizon 3G any day. And for the record, where I live there is no difference betweek any carrier, yes even you T-Mobile.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chris4851 For This Useful Post:

code3-ems (01-11-2011), reanimationxp (01-13-2011), Squeaky369 (01-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You're not the only one, lol.

I called it! He can report on Sprint rumours now.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mookest View Post

Maybe Verizon, but Sprint won't get congested even if they took on all the iPhone users. Sprint has GIGANTIC spectrum. Funny that AT&T and Verizon, the companies that have largest user bases, have the narrow pipes. I wouldn't say Sprint wouldn't be congested at all, but they would certainly suffer less.

I'm holding off a bit longer for a T-Mobile iPhone. Keeping fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

Thanks

I might switch back to Tmo if they get the phone. I get great service from both Tmo and ATT. I only switched because I got tired of unlocking my phones all the time.

The only reason I'm going to be leaving ATT is because of how expensive it is! Other wise I've been fairly pleased with my service!

Thanks

If Apple ever considers producing an iPhone 4 for T-Mobile USA, then they must make the phone support the different frequencies used by T-Mobile for 3G, otherwise it is a show stopper. Edge is just too slow.

If Apple can make a CDMA / GSM iPhone, then they should be able to do this?
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

I just switched from TMO to ATT about 2 months ago. I have absolutely no complaints other than losing my unlimited internet. My calls work well. I get reception in my basement, and customer support is there within a minute or so of calling them.

I was with TMO for 7 years and 3 of those were with a 1st gen iphone. I loved it, but needed a new iphone. TMO's customer service went to the crapper (They used to be the best) I would be on hold SEVERAL times for over 45 minutes and still no one answered. They used to have a call back feature so you didn't have to hold, they got rid of that. They used to address your problems and take care of issues. My last several months were the worst and I finally said "I'm done!"

My only regret is losing unlimited internet. Other than that. ATT is GREAT!!!

we all know apple is going to put it on as many carriers as possible

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    its a regurgitated MESSany

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snozberries For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (01-13-2011), vinaygoel2000 (01-11-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Man it didnt take long for him to start reporting other carrier rumors.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to weazle23 For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (01-13-2011)

No voice and data simultaneously means no verion for me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast