Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Leaves Door Wide Open for Sprint, T-Mobile iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Supaman34 View Post
    +1 i liked ATT since well b4 the iPhone but ill admit my 2G, 3G & 4 have improved my fondness of ole AT&T more and more
    ++1 I had a BB Curve pre-iPhone ( got mine in '08), Motorola Sliver, 2 Motorola razor's all on AT&T I've always had great coverage and excellent customer service.

EDIT: I can't wait for the VZW complaints to start rolling in.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I use voice and data all the time. Its like going back to edge.

Green Apple
    Thanks

You have got to be crazy to think that Tmo won't get the iPhone later this year. They're already iPhones on their network, jailbroken, but on their network none the less.

Also, thanks for the reporting Messany.
    Last edited by ADF; 01-12-2011 at 12:07 AM.

^lol, an edit is in order for that post. Read it again.

Much better

Thanks

That'll be awesome. The Jesus phone finally available to the masses... and we'll be able to shop for our carriers and not be tied down to an exclusive one.

No longer having to worry about unlocks and upgrading basebands? I'll take that...

Thanks

Signed up on AT&T iPhone 4 for 1 week so far and glad I no longer need to unlock my iPhone. I am glad verizon will sell the iPhone 4 cuz now people have a choice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    That is if there is anyone even left on T-Mobile after all of this...
    T-Mobile is still one of the cheapest carriers in town. I never left and don't plan too. The Verizon version of the iPhone has limitations. That T-Mobile/AT&T users don't.

Yay now it will be sprint AND t-mobile that means double the messany
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mookest View Post
    Sweet, Now everyone who hates AT&T get off the network and go congest up Verizon and soon to be sprint and T. Get ready to hear the complains of Verizon network dropping calls and getting bad service.

Fans of AT&T get ready for a congestion free network.
    +1, can not wait.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Verizon will cost you more.
    Quote Originally Posted by auh View Post
    The only reason I'm going to be leaving ATT is because of how expensive it is! Other wise I've been fairly pleased with my service!
    If you think you will save money by switching to Verizon, think again. Their plans are more expensive as are their data packages. be warned.

Save money with either carrier - check out Line2 by TOKTUMI.COM
    AT&T also has A-List, in case they didn't tell you either.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by discostar View Post
    T-Mobile is still one of the cheapest carriers in town. I never left and don't plan too. The Verizon version of the iPhone has limitations. That T-Mobile/AT&T users don't.
    Uh, what? No 3G on TMO with the iPhone is a prety HUGE limitation IMO. I'm not sure you can surf the web and talk on Edge, but if you can, why the hell would you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by rickinsav View Post
    If you think you will save money by switching to Verizon, think again. Their plans are more expensive as are their data packages. be warned.

Save money with either carrier - check out Line2 by TOKTUMI.COM
    AT&T also has A-List, in case they didn't tell you either.
    Depends on what you consider savings. If you go over your 2GB a month (which is what ATT nows offers as their cap), Verizon could be cheaper, assuming they don't change their data packages from what they currently offer on other smartphones. Also, their unlimited minutes package pricing is the same as that of ATT. It all depends on what you are using. Base prices, I agree, are more expensive on Verizon.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-12-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by bilallucky View Post
    Messany can't write Verizon rumors, he will be writing Spring and T-Mobile rumors.
    Do you people even read the thread before you post the same thing 100 times? Trust me I started the Messany hate movement, but you don't see me posting if someone else has already bitched him out for another rumor. Stop. You're worse than he is.

I'm surprised only a few posters here pointed this out.. THE PHONE SUPPORTS CDMA NOW. I don't know frequency spectrum specifics about the carriers, but I do know that VZ and Sprint both roam on each others' towers freely per an agreement.. so that means this phone can definitely be unlocked to Sprint, and probably any other CDMA carrier. I'm curious if this phone will even ship locked.

Now that 4.3 is in beta, 'Devs looking into CDMA unlock' would be far bigger "news" than this, Messany.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Do you people even read the thread before you post the same thing 100 times? Trust me I started the Messany hate movement, but you don't see me posting if someone else has already bitched him out for another rumor. Stop. You're worse than he is.

I'm surprised only a few posters here pointed this out.. THE PHONE SUPPORTS CDMA NOW. I don't know frequency spectrum specifics about the carriers, but I do know that VZ and Sprint both roam on each others' towers freely per an agreement.. so that means this phone can definitely be unlocked to Sprint, and probably any other CDMA carrier. I'm curious if this phone will even ship locked.

Now that 4.3 is in beta, 'Devs looking into CDMA unlock' would be far bigger "news" than this, Messany.
    But as many threads have stated Sprint has to allow the ESN onto their network. It is not an unlock like GSM and you pop in a sim. The company has to manually put it into their system and Sprint has not been giving on putting non-Sprint phones onto their network.

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    But as many threads have stated Sprint has to allow the ESN onto their network. It is not an unlock like GSM and you pop in a sim. The company has to manually put it into their system and Sprint has not been giving on putting non-Sprint phones onto their network.
    A good point, but hacking the baseband to allow changing of the ESN would allow us to change it to a valid one on Sprint's network. Technically not an unlock, but may be feasible.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123