+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Leaves Door Wide Open for Sprint, T-Mobile iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hahaha... Verizon iphone rumors out... Sprint/T-Mobile rumors in... You're gonna run out of carriers to write iPhone rumors about!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahaha... Verizon iphone rumors out... Sprint/T-Mobile rumors in... You're gonna run out of carriers to write iPhone rumors about!

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm ... No unlocks just jailbreaks I love it !!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mookest View Post
    Sweet, Now everyone who hates AT&T get off the network and go congest up Verizon and soon to be sprint and T. Get ready to hear the complains of Verizon network dropping calls and getting bad service.

Fans of AT&T get ready for a congestion free network.
    I don't experience any congestion right now, save for the occasional slow as hell picture messaging system.

Still, I'm happy with my service, and happy to see the iPhone available to more carriers. Competition can't be a bad thing here.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

Green Apple
    Thanks

Am i the only one who saw this and thought about the verizon iphone jailbroken and running on sprint?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4851 View Post
    VERY HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!! So glad all the AT&T haters will leave and go to Verizon. Personally I love AT&T, always have and always will. Verizon iPhone users, get ready for the complaints to come in regarding the lack of voice/data capabilities. Ill gladly take my faster AT&T 3G data iPhone over your Verizon 3G any day. And for the record, where I live there is no difference betweek any carrier, yes even you T-Mobile.
    +1 i liked ATT since well b4 the iPhone but ill admit my 2G, 3G & 4 have improved my fondness of ole AT&T more and more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auh View Post
    The only reason I'm going to be leaving ATT is because of how expensive it is! Other wise I've been fairly pleased with my service!
    So I'm guessing you're not going to the most expensive carrier in the U.S. (Verizon)?

Quote Originally Posted by redzombi2k View Post
    Am i the only one who saw this and thought about the verizon iphone jailbroken and running on sprint?
    Probably, since the Devs can't jailbreak a phone that they can't get their hands on. Not sure how anyone is even mentioning JB today other than in a hopeful, somewhere down the line context.
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 01-11-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mungorgor View Post
    Wait, what? Did I hear that right? "Fans of AT&T"? rofl.
    Sorry you are on the AT&T haters bandwagon. I have had them since they bought out cingular and have yet to experience any of the problems people are always complaining about.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shady6 For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (01-13-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Probably, since the Devs can't jailbreak a phone that they can't get their hands on. Not sure how anyone is even mentioning JB today other than in a hopeful, somewhere down the line context.
    Really, you mean the devs cant JB a phone that hasn't been released yet????
    Come on and use a little common sense, you know I wasn't asking about it happening before its released.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

With the growing trends in Android sales, Apple needed to do this.

Thanks

Oh my god, now sprint & t-mo iPhone rumors? I thought this was all over but the vzw iPad? Now this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe View Post
    Oh my god, now sprint & t-mo iPhone rumors? I thought this was all over but the vzw iPad? Now this?
    Verizon CFO said today CDMA iPad coming soon. No lie, link related

CDMA iPad coming to Verizon, too, says CFO -- Engadget

Thanks

I guess now that Messany can't write Verizon rumors, he'll be writing Spring and T-Mobile rumors

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am always so excited to see Messany news reports! I can't wait to read any news or rumors about Sprint and T-Mobile getting the iPhone! Good job Messany! Thank You!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

ADF (01-11-2011), reanimationxp (01-13-2011), Simon (01-11-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by auh View Post
    The only reason I'm going to be leaving ATT is because of how expensive it is! Other wise I've been fairly pleased with my service!
    I'd wait on that statement, no price figures have been released on data packages prices for Verizon yet. And the reports of not being able to talk and surf on the Verizon network is I believe a huge issue. But it will be nice when all the AT&T haters leave, and become Verizon haters. Its only a matter of time. I have no issues with AT&T, they've been great. Fast 3G network, even replaced my iPhone 4 when mine was stolen for a good price.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Now we can finally see all those ppl who've complained about AT&T's network and CS go over to Verizon and find that things are either the same to them or even worse. The phones can now be compared on both networks, no more excuses.

It'll also be funny to see all those ppl get screwed by buying an iPhone now instead of waiting a little bit for the next gen, one that'll work with faster speeds but can't because they're locked in a 2 year contract Now GO over to VZW and leave me more bandwidth!

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I am always so excited to see Messany news reports! I can't wait to read any news or rumors about Sprint and T-Mobile getting the iPhone! Good job Messany! Thank You!
    I agree! His reports are always top notch for reading! +1
    Last edited by steve-z17; 01-11-2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

With the growing trends in Android sales, Apple needed to do this.
    Only reason Android sales are even close to IOS is because they were available on EVERY carrier, including Cricket, while IOS was only on AT&T. Watch how fast that changes now.

Sorry you are on the AT&T haters bandwagon. I have had them since they bought out cingular and have yet to experience any of the problems people are always complaining about.
    Come to Phoenix, where AT&T sucks (and that's being polite). I have both AT&T and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile blows them away, both in voice and download speeds.

C'mon, you have to know that it WILL happen eventually. Remember the RAZR? At&T had 5 year exclusivity on that too. It was on EVERY carrier after that ended. It's gonna happen, just watch!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    Maybe Verizon, but Sprint won't get congested even if they took on all the iPhone users. Sprint has GIGANTIC spectrum. Funny that AT&T and Verizon, the companies that have largest user bases, have the narrow pipes. I wouldn't say Sprint wouldn't be congested at all, but they would certainly suffer less.
    Somewhat true... But Sprint would suffer a bit. Their infrastructure is based on a 30%cap markup from their high bandwidth. Take on another 30% with smart phones and down she goes. Either way I feel the iPhone should be avail at all carriers. That would lesson bandwidth jams considerably for all networks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Somewhat true... But Sprint would suffer a bit. Their infrastructure is based on a 30%cap markup from their high bandwidth. Take on another 30% with smart phones and down she goes. Either way I feel the iPhone should be avail at all carriers. That would lesson bandwidth jams considerably for all networks.
    Agreed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What about a unlock for sprint

Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    Man it didnt take long for him to start reporting other carrier rumors.

Jajajajaja
    Last edited by Luife; 01-11-2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Luife For This Useful Post:

reanimationxp (01-13-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here, I personally like AT&T! The coverage is great where I live, work and visit. I like the fact that I can be on the phone and the Internet at the same time looking up something. Comes in handy in my line of work.