Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Comes to Verizon, Finally

Thanks

Now that would be awesome...just remember, competition is good for the consumer...IT'S A WIN WIN :]

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Yeah. Last year's phone. Current tech? I guess, as long as you're not comparing to anything but Apple products. Compare it to an EVO or a MyTouch 2 and it gets wrecked upon. Just like basically every review comparing them has stated.
    I'll take finger-tip touch over finger-nail touch any day. I am not a woman, and I don't get my nails done. I also get annoyed if I have to use a stylus.

No, I have played with other "touch" phones, and unless you use a stylus it's a laggy experience... I'll stick with the iPhone's razor sharp response.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Thanks

no multitasking will keep a lot of people with AT&T. It is a MUST and i agree with that. We've all been spoiled with the multitasking feature and have become accustomed to its features....if you have always had Android it will not be missed, rather it will be WANTED :]

All of this is fine to me...I wish Apple would sell the unlocked iphone for $400, instead of the $600 price tag. They would probably double GSM sales and still have the "carrier" security, that has gotten them this far. CDMA is ok but GSM is a world wide standard that is much easier to make user changes locally, rather than calling a 1-800 # or going to a Verizon dealer...what a WASTE of time.
    Last edited by bigboyz; 01-11-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sorry Verizon people, if you weren't reading this and surfing the net then you wouldn't of missed that important phone call about your daughter just being born. LOL

lol android is screwed android kinda has a laggy os i tried it and it uses flash which kills the battery and it doesnt have 3d mulitplayer games like modern combat black pegasus nova 2 call of duty zombies. Android loses in terms of gaming. Html is the future less battery hog. I predict some ppl will throw there androids in the garbage now since the iphone is now on verizon. I never even seen an android play infinity blade aralon sword and shadow or even rage HD. The iphone os is also easy to use

so i dont think sprint will activate an unlocked iPhone because the serial number needs to be in Sprint's data base or something, i just asked my friend who works for sprint

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moeses View Post
    so i dont think sprint will activate an unlocked iPhone because the serial number needs to be in Sprint's data base or something, i just asked my friend who works for sprint
    *sigh*

Do people actually read thread s before they respond to them?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Sorry Verizon people, if you weren't reading this and surfing the net then you wouldn't of missed that important phone call about your daughter just being born. LOL
    You do realize that a phone call will boot you out of whatever you are doing right? Hell, even on ATT if you are browsing the web and a phone call comes through it takes over the entire screen, thus interrupting your browsing. I am aware this was supposed to be funny but, well, it just wasn't.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

The Maestro (01-11-2011)

Any idea what the full retail price is? I'm 13 months from an upgrade, and way to impatient for that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Right...........you owned an Android phone when?

My son has all the games ( he has a Captivate ) His battery lasts longer then my 3GS...... way longer

Hmm before you Dis another phone I think you should have current knowledge, Android has over 200,000 plus apps, true that Iphone has more, besides this thread was about IPHONE and Verizon not droid..............
    Android is behind on games. There is no argument there. Every other critique that people have though is honestly one of ignorance. I am not sure where some people come off saying you need a stylus or fingernails for android. That is downright incorrect. Funny how Verizon getting the iPhone still boils down to an iOS v Android debate for some people though, right?

I wonder if this unveil is gonna take all the steam away from the new iPad or if Apple is even going to unveil a new one now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    Any idea what the full retail price is? I'm 13 months from an upgrade, and way to impatient for that.
    I'm sure it will be $600 and $700, give or take $50. It isn't going to be significantly different from the GSM version I wouldn't think.

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    I wonder if this unveil is gonna take all the steam away from the new iPad or if Apple is even going to unveil a new one now.
    Why would they not unveil a new iPad? Just because a Verizon iPhone was unveiled? This makes little sense to me...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-11-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't get why people make a big deal out of wifi hot spot. Are there seriously people out there who still haven't jailbroken their iPhone and purchased mi wi!? Ya it's 20 bucks but worth every penny. Or you can even be an *** hole and steal a cracked version. And be talking on the phone at the same time. Ooooooo neat

What effect with this new VeriPHONE and its 4.2.5 FW have on current iPhones (in regards to JB and unlocking since these phone will be released in a month or so, personally I am still kinda waiting for an untethered JB for 4.2.1)?
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Competition is always good, here in the UK where the iPhone is factory unlocked we now get 10GB of data for 15/month ($23.28/month). This is thanks to all the carriers having the iPhone and wanting to give the best deal to get the most customers.

P.S. The Verizon iPhone looks better (cue hate)

I don't get what all the negativity is about. I think it's great there will be another carrier for iPhone. Verizon (or anyone really!). People should be happy! Carrier competition is good.

Everyone needs and wants something different. I, personally, have never (that I can recall) used voice and data at the same time. But I get that that is a feature some people do use. Either way, people will be able to look at what is available and what fits their needs best, and make a choice. Choice is good!

I, for one, am not taking my iPhone off AT&T. Nor am I replacing my Droid on Verizon with an iPhone. I have what suits my needs at the moment, but I am glad that going forward I will have more options to consider! And really, doesn't that make it a win/win rather than a fail/epic fail? For me it does!
    Last edited by BumbleBeez; 01-11-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: I can't spell :(

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Two long year!!!! I was waiting, is 2 late now I'm stick with AT&T for the moment. I dont have drop call put in my job I dont have signal send is a stainless stel building.
    Last edited by jibaro3; 01-11-2011 at 12:37 PM.

with no talk and data, what happen when you use the Verizon hotspot feature and you get a incoming phone call????

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default true
    Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBeez View Post
    I don't get what all the negativity is about. I think it's great there will be another carrier for iPhone. Verizon (or anyone really!). People should be happy! Carrier competition is good.

Everyone needs and wants something different. I, personally, have never (that I can recall) used voice and data at the same time. But I get that that is a feature some people do use. Either way, people will be able to look at what is available and what fits their needs best, and make a choice. Choice is good!

I, for one, am not taking my iPhone off AT&T. Nor am I replacing my Droid on Verizon with an iPhone. I have what suits my needs at the moment, but I am glad that going forward I will have more options to consider! And really, doesn't that make it a win/win rather than a fail/epic fail? For me it does!
    I will like to have this option in switching 2 year ago....

Do Att and Verizon apps merge now?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast