+ Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Comes to Verizon, Finally

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by fmlouder It would on gsm but seems like you can't do it on CDMA cuzz of the problem with voice/data Why would they not work on CDMA?
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fmlouder View Post
    It would on gsm but seems like you can't do it on CDMA cuzz of the problem with voice/data
    Why would they not work on CDMA? Neither facetime nor skype use voice. They both go over 3G/WIFI.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

spazturtle (01-11-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Ugh... finally. All AT&T haters run away to Verizon and free up our network. Im excited for that and... Competition. With Verizon and AT&T with the iPhone it's gonna be an all out war with who has what features perhaps driving phone pricing or data plans down and who knows what. Not to mention if another provider (sprint) gets the iphone soon.

BTW, Total and complete FAIL on no voice+data... that is the most useful feature that makes the iPhone experience that much better. I cant tell you how many times I have looked at movies, weather, maps, news, or googled something while I was on the phone with someone. Have fun on Verizon... Im sticking with AT&T for now. They've treated me well here in Chicago.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Depends on what your job is then...... some of the customers travel outside the US every week.

For those jumping the At&t ship please report back how wonderful (LOL) Verizon is to you!

You know those 18 month upgrades for existing customers? LOL FOrget it with Verizon, once your hooked your theirs for 24! My daughter's BF has Verizon, customer noservice, noupgrades, phone breaks no service, no no no is what you hear a lot from them.....and yes they make sure you can hear that now!
    Right, which is why they won;t go with Verizon. For the VAST majority of people that do not travel frequently, Verizon is a fine choice. This is all anyone is saying. THE MAJORITY has no need for a world phone...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

You also have to admit, your paying more for an outdated CDMA system, they should be investing into GSM and LTE all these years instead of raping customers.........Thats the angry part
    Yea. CDMA might not have the features, but it has quality. And they are now getting into LTE to solve the problems.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it's about time.... now people can shut up,about it... haha

Green Apple
    Thanks

People are forgetting that most of the users that get this phone will be existing Verizon customers and will be used to the no voice and data at the same time, so really that is not going to be a big issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

so now i can walk into apple or at&t and demand they factory unlock my iphone because its no longer in a exclusive deal and use it on t-mobile?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elite_jounin View Post
    Lol so basically no voice and data at the same time?! = massive fail/epic fail. Not to mention they have last years phone...laughable!
    Last year's phone? The iPhone 4 is current tech. We have no reason to assume that the next model will NOT be available simultaneously on ATT and Verizon...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 01-11-2011 at 10:44 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

So all those "rumors" Messany were spreading were true?
    F52k yes they were god!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    Excellent. Now, everyone get off of my AT&T network and go to Verizon. ;-)
    I was hoping this was the case, but after reading everyone's comments it doesn't appear that this will happen, unfortunately... Although the competition may drive AT&T to adjust their prices.

Thanks

I would think all future models will be like other phones
    GSM and CDMA flavors
    That was a mistype. It should read "WILL NOT BE"... correcting that now.

Thanks

I wonder if FaceTime from iPhone 4/AT&T will work against iPhone 4/Verizon. That's a very important question.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Seriously how many people talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time? I see a lot of people complaining about it but personally I have a GSM 3G phone and I can but I have never had to use both voice and data at the same time. And if you do use both then chances are there is WiFi available.
    Some people have broader needs than your narrow scope of the world eludes to.
    It's not where you've been, or where you're going..
    It's where you are.
    Reflect on the past, plan for the future, mod for today.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    I wonder if FaceTime from iPhone 4/AT&T will work against iPhone 4/Verizon. That's a very important question.
    I would say yes. Facetime works across all apple products.. iPhones/Macs/iPods... regardless of what internet provider you have. Facetime is an internet to internet connection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

HAHAH! No voice and data uh?

I'll stick with AT&T.

So for those saying sprint won't work with iPhone. How can verizon work on metropcs? I've heard that be can done, don't know if true.

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I think spreading the wealth will benefit AT&T customers the most by freeing up bandwidth. I think Verizon's network will see an initial bog down period with a year of catch up.
    +1
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

Thanks

Soo, Messany's fired, right? I mean, what else does the guy have to write about?
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Thanks

Huh, somehow I expected this to be posted by Messany lol. I don't mean to knock him, but he did write a majority of the Verizon rumors.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Soo, Messany's fired, right? I mean, what else does the guy have to write about?
    Damn, why is everyone clowning Messany. Their will be more stories. There always is.

He can report on Sprint or T-Mobile iPhone 4s now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Last year's phone? The iPhone 4 is current tech. We have no reason to assume that the next model will NOT be available simultaneously on ATT and Verizon...
    Yeah. Last year's phone. Current tech? I guess, as long as you're not comparing to anything but Apple products. Compare it to an EVO or a MyTouch 2 and it gets wrecked upon. Just like basically every review comparing them has stated.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast