+ Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Comes to Verizon, Finally

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
You guys can let Messany go now. He has no purpose on this site anymore.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You guys can let Messany go now. He has no purpose on this site anymore.
    HK-Z on Game Center

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

All I can say is IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Get these network hogging naysayers off AT&T.

I have never had a problem with AT&T, everyone makes them out to be a horrible provider. I've been with them since '06 anytime there was anything questionable on the bill they explained what it is and corrected it immediately. It only happened a couple times. Excellent coverage, at times data speed slow (iPhone only since '08 BB before that).

Now that Verizon has an iPhone, I will be ecstatic to watch my speeds get faster and yours slower lol. No seriously, I'm sure you wouldn't switch to a more expensive network for NO data/voice for no reason. Hope it works out for you, I'm sure it will be better once the LTE iPhone comes out.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

That would be awesome if a bunch of people made the switch. Make it a much better experience on AT&T (which isnt bad to begin with)
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 01-11-2011 at 10:10 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Seriously how many people talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time? I see a lot of people complaining about it but personally I have a GSM 3G phone and I can but I have never had to use both voice and data at the same time. And if you do use both then chances are there is WiFi available.
    Here is what I do during a phone call and I do it so often:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWC8IzV9Pdo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Apple iPhone Ad - Did you see my email[/ame]

I sure hope AT&T starts playing this ad again on TV after February 3rd.

Thanks

Me too. All the time

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if its on verizon the we can unlock it for metropcs just like the HTC evo,

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    Here is what I do during a phone call and I do it so often:

YouTube - Apple iPhone Ad - Did you see my email

I sure hope AT&T starts playing this ad again on TV after February 3rd.
    I feel sorry for the people on the other end that your putting on hold all the time just to look up something online. I guess I kind of take offense if I was talking to someone and they kept putting me on hold to surf the web or someone not paying attention because their surfing the web. On one of my phones I can do both because it's GSM but have not once had to look anything up while talking on the phone. But hey that's just me but I can't be the only one, well can I?

Thanks

I use MotionX GPS Drive for navigation while taking a call.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    I feel sorry for the people on the other end that your putting on hold all the time just to look up something online. I guess I kind of take offense if I was talking to someone and they kept putting me on hold to surf the web or someone not paying attention because their surfing the web. On one of my phones I can do both because it's GSM but have not once had to look anything up while talking on the phone. But hey that's just me but I can't be the only one, well can I?
    To each his own, man. I was just being sarcastic.
    Can't take a heat, can you?

I know not all of iPhone users using their iPhones for voice & data simultaneously every time they are on a call. However, this "talk & surf" feature is one of the benefits on AT&T which I really appreciate while I'm mobile. Sometimes, I have to log into my computer at work to check some jobs while I am on the phone talking to the other person who is watching what I am doing remotely to that computer (I use logmein) Or I can talk to my clients/friends/girlfriend while I'm using the gps (Navigon)- I do this often while I'm driving or bicycling. These are just a few samples of some daily activities that I do.

Oh .... I am sure there are others who will find "talk & surf" on GSM network is much better than "NO talk to surf" on CDMA network.

Especially if you're on an unlimited data plan like I am

Thanks

So if you can't talk and surf with Verizon iPhone. Is FaceTime possible?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Yes cause that will be data.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    So if you can't talk and surf with Verizon iPhone. Is FaceTime possible?
    I think face time you will have to do your own separate call. Cant be on a normal phone call then switch to ft
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish i had voice and data when i had verizon, once i switched to at&t i realized what i was missing, its extremely conveinent. Personally im hoping for an iphone with at&t 4g in the relatively near future.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quite often while I'm on the phone, i will have to google or wiki something that we are talking about.
    Something along the lines of I don't know what a law is, or looking up a recipe for my mom, checking my work email to see if it can wait until later, troubleshooting technical issues for computer... Etc. You get the point.
    All my family lives in other states, that's how I did my Christmas shopping, both of us go to bestbuy.com , is this what you want?

I couldn't live without data & voice, I could just would be an inconvenience to me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
    To each his own, man. I was just being sarcastic.
    Can't take a heat, can you?

I know not all of iPhone users using their iPhones for voice & data simultaneously every time they are on a call. However, this "talk & surf" feature is one of the benefits on AT&T which I really appreciate while I'm mobile. Sometimes, I have to log into my computer at work to check some jobs while I am on the phone talking to the other person who is watching what I am doing remotely to that computer (I use logmein) Or I can talk to my clients/friends/girlfriend while I'm using the gps (Navigon)- I do this often while I'm driving or bicycling. These are just a few samples of some daily activities that I do.

Oh .... I am sure there are others who will find "talk & surf" on GSM network is much better than "NO talk to surf" on CDMA network.

Especially if you're on an unlimited data plan like I am
    Oh I'm not complaining about anything at all so no heat to take, LOL. I'm just finding it amazing the amount of people who are saying it's a deal killer and what not. I guess I always have access to WiFi and a computer so I never have the need to be on the phone while needing data access. But yeah to each his own and now each will have that option. I wonder how many will switch to Verizon and find out that this does not work and end up going back. I'm sure there will be a few. I have both a Sprint and T-Mobile phone so I myself don't have an iPhone because AT&T is just way to expensive and same with Verizon. I've had every iPhone there was but once 3G because available in my area for T-Mobile that's when I gave up on the iPhone and went to a Nexus for the 3G speeds. I do have an iPad though and AT&T is the faster here (No Sprint 4G) than any of the other carriers I will say that.

Thanks

What's the point of a CDMA iPhone? We killed CDMA two years ago in Australia.
    Internet killed the video star.

Thanks

Next iPhone is going to be called iPhone 4G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I saw a couple posts asking about face time on the verizon iPhone, but my question is does the v iPhone even have a front facing camera? The video that was on YouTube said that the hole on the front had been removed and an image on the thread here looks like there wasn't one either. But I could have been lost in the image.

I'll be staying with AT&T. I'm jailbroken, grandfathered in to unlimited data and mywi. I DO use data all the time while on calls.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    Next iPhone is going to be called iPhone 4G
    iPhone 4g as in it will have 4g network capabilities?