Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JP Morgan Predicts More Expensive iPhone on Verizon

Thanks
    What will really be interesting is to see if a.) its a hybrid qualcomm chip (cdma/gsm) abd b.) it its compatible with evdo rev b. which allow simultaneous voice and data. Which will be a deal break imo for people, if it DOESNT support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    I really hope this does bring price drops on at&t side to stay competitive.

I have never had this issue, you sure you don't have some type of spyware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaseley1 View Post
    Try using a different browser. But it seems like you have some adware installed on your computer. I can tell you though, that the words on my page lead to no advertisements. Its YOUR computer
    Quote Originally Posted by big_frog View Post
    yea i think you have some kind of spyware or something in you pc or mac you better check thatt out.....no pop up or add on mines...
    No spyware, there really are words that bring up ads related to those words. I have click2flash on Mac, so the Flash based ads don't load. but it's still kind of annoying.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    This is gonna make for an interesting next few months as verizons network takes on the heavy load of high bandwidth iphone users, that use twice as much data on average when compared to other smart phone users.
    I hope that's the case because hopefully a lot of them will be former AT&T iPhoners switching over rather than new iPhone users entirely, which will free up a ton of the network on AT&T for people like me that have never had a big issue with them at all.

quick everyone run to verizon. <3 ATT. more dancing room for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoX View Post
    What will really be interesting is to see if a.) its a hybrid qualcomm chip (cdma/gsm) abd b.) it its compatible with evdo rev b. which allow simultaneous voice and data. Which will be a deal break imo for people, if it DOESNT support it.
    That'll be a deal-breaker for people looking to jump ship from AT&T but the Verizon people have no idea what they're missing so they won't care at all. So if you've got some crappy Android device (most of them are crappy), you're gonna be ecstatic that you can get the best hardware with the best OS now. Since you've already not been able to get voice and data at the same time on your crappy android device, you'll still just be thrilled that you can have the iPhone.

On CDMA the iPhone will be slower and unless the voice over rev A thing pans out, (and I doubt it or they'd have it in use on the android handsets), users can't talk and surf.

I honestly don't see the mass exodus from AT&T that the analysts are predicting. Rather, fewer verizon users will have to leave to get an iPhone.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ReggieSmith For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (01-10-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

The unlimited data plan for Verizon smart phones costs just as much as a 2 GB AT&T data plan.

And Messany, if I were you I post a thread saying 'I TOLD YOU SO, B**CHES!!' I can't wait to get my Verizon iPhone though!
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

9. The Following User Says Thank You to staterunner180 For This Useful Post:

soulthoughts (01-10-2011)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Oh, and good job fixing the "Not mobile?" button on the iPhone version of the site. It's been, what, at least a year? It doesn't work. If you're not going to fix it, just remove it.
    It's an APPLE forum, they don't want to give you the choice lol. Apparently the reason was to make it a good experience for the person, I asked but can't remember the reason. MMi is like Apple, don't give you choices.
    Also the site uses Flash which the iPhone can't do so they probably don't want blue bricks all over their site when viewing from the iPhone LOL.
    I'm surprised they haven't gone to HTML5 just for Apple >_<

I really doubt its an iPhone, I think it will be an iPad for Verizon/

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Can't wait either... Finally ppl will clear up the Att network! Awesome
    I'm happy with AT&T as well, but competition is always nice.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

jaja on the photo the iphone carrier sais At&t or at least it looks like that

No talking + Internet browsing at the same time on CDMA. Old technology!!

Thanks

I hope that it's not too exspensive though.... I can barely afford to pay for the $200.
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay....here is what I am wondering.....
    So say Verizon gets the iPhone 4 in the next month or so....But about what.. 6 months later, the iPhone 5 will be released. Will Verizon get the iPhone 5 at the same time At&T does? If so...think of all the pissed of Verizon users who won't be able to upgrade without paying huge fees.
    We are all used to the yearly refresh of the iPhone...perhaps apple will now have two refresh dates for the iPhone now...one for AT&T, one for Verizon (and or other carriers). I don't know what do you guys think?
    El Zurdo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iLoveWindows&iPhone For This Useful Post:

jordbrett (01-10-2011)

Another reason not to jump from AT&T and is they are very gracious and offer us the full subsidized price every year on an upgrade. I guarantee Verizon will not do so.

I love all the people who "just can't wait to get a Verizon iPhone", and who think AT&T is so bad. I can't wait till they see how it REALLY is ... lol. I've had AT&T (and Cingular) for over 10 years, and have never had a problem, and have never been in an area (and I travel all over the country for work) where I didn't have service (and a Verizon phone did), and their data rate is always slower ... my gf finally switched to AT&T after being tired of my emails and web always being faster than her Verizon phone.

For me, the no simultaneous voice and data would be a deal breaker. I'm always looking up stuff (web and maps) while one the phone ... and the number of times my gf used to call and have me look up something for her on my phone instead of doing it on hers always made me laugh.

In any event, I'm glad they're finally getting it ... so that we'll stop hearing about "how great it will be".

Good luck ... and don't say we didn't warn ya ... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iphone?3gs View Post
    Can't wait either... Finally ppl will clear up the Att network! Awesome
    +1. I hope this helps AT&T and verizon sucks with not being able to use voice and data at the same time unless that's part of the announcement tomorrow.
    Last edited by jordbrett; 01-10-2011 at 08:24 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What annoys me is that signing a contract with "ALL" carriers simply locks you the user to a binding contract and not the carrier. The fine print of your contract states that they have the right to change anything at anytime. So we are bound by a contract and not them.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    WTF MMi?! Get rid of the ads in the actual words of posts. It's pissing me off and keeping me from reading. I move my cursor around to keep my place while I'm reading and I keep getting stupid pop-ups about Android phones that cover the story. Yeah, good job.

Until you fix that, you lost a reader. How tacky.

Oh, and good job fixing the "Not mobile?" button on the iPhone version of the site. It's been, what, at least a year? It doesn't work. If you're not going to fix it, just remove it.
    Talk about some random off topic nerd-rage!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to coolguy742 For This Useful Post:

DRFP (01-11-2011)

If it can be JB, AT&T can kiss my sweet **s goodbye!

Both Verizon and AT&T are expensive and neither one are worth switching to. I like the true unlimited data on Sprint and T-Mobile plus nights start earlier than 9PM. If Verizon gets it I hope that Sprint will allow the device on their network like T-Mobile does. But until then I'll stick with the EVO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast