Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone to Come with Unlimited Data: WSJ

I really hope Verizon announces they will be carrying the iPhone. As one of the above posters mentioned, when a lot people move from AT&T to Verizon it'll relieve some of the strain on AT&T's network. I'm not paying close to $500 bucks in cancellation fees, so I'm sticking with AT&T. I only hope that enough people jump ship and give me more room on AT&T network. LOL. Who ever is on AT&T, go to Verizon. Haha. If Verizon does get the iPhone, it'll be better for everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought transfer speed would be a bigger issue (it is for me at least).

On my AT&T iP4 I can get up to 4 Mbit down / 2 Mbit up in my area. Isn't EV-DO Rev. B limited to like 1-1.5 Mbit down and 500-700 kbit up in real world usage?

(Perhaps someone with more experience with a Verizon android phone could correct me?)

To all those that say VZW's network will go to shxt just shows how clueless you are. I'm not claiming that it "wont" flop on its face, but you and I don't know whats going to happen till it happens. Just like seeing the iPhone on VZW why don't you just wait till it happens before you start taking guess at what might happen, cause if your wrong and when we go back an look at your posts you look like a moron.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 750 Posts

So glad i still have my 30.00 Unlimited data that got carried over from my IPhone 3G . Instead of 15.00 for up to 200MB and 25.00 for up to 2GB.

Thanks

hopefully AT&T will bring back the unlimited data plan for iphone & ipads. Not that it's an issue for me, but for the newer customers.

Im grandfathered into the old unlim data plan from my 3G and wont move. I just wish that I could surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time...FAIL on AT&T

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turb02 View Post
    Im grandfathered into the old unlim data plan from my 3G and wont move. I just wish that I could surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time...FAIL on AT&T
    Ummm you can talk and surf at the same time. Verizon/sprint networks don't let you talk and data at the same time.

I'm interested in how this limitation could affect FaceTime.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    Ummm you can talk and surf at the same time. Verizon/sprint networks don't let you talk and data at the same time.

Facetime is suppose to only work while on wifi, so it won't be a issue on cdma. Except for jailbreakers that want to use it over 3g.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post

edit: I meant facetime. I was multitasking at work and trying to post at the same time as my boss was in my ear...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    Facetime is suppose to only work while on wifi, so it won't be a issue on cdma. Except for jailbreakers that want to use it over 3g.
    Wrong! It will work on verizon iphones with the 3G hack. Facetime has nothing to do with voice (cdma/gsm). That's why Jobs said it doesn't use your minutes. It goes over data. Thats why you use it on wifi, it's a data service. So if you can use it without wifi on verizon, it will work right over EVDO. I video chat over EVDO/WiMAX on my EVO without wifi all the time.
    Last edited by ty22; 01-10-2011 at 01:28 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    So glad i still have my 30.00 Unlimited data that got carried over from my IPhone 3G . Instead of 15.00 for up to 200MB and 25.00 for up to 2GB.
    Ditto I still have my unlimited data on my iPhone 4, so I'm good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have the unlimited plan with att but there service sucks were I live if you go 10 miles out of town in anyway or go into malls or grocery stores you have no signal. I can't wait for verizon to get the iphone.

I'm a tmobile user. All I want is a more affordable plan than AT&T offers also unlimited is a big plus. Also It would be nice to enter the world of 3G speed lol. Actually I have 3G on my iPad and I tether it to my iPhone whenever I'm on the road. I'd be nice to not have to worry if mywi is on and drop the 3G plan on my iPad and tether from verizon iPhone to iPad. But the only way I'm switching from tmobile is if verizon offers competitive pricing compared to AT&T.

I'll be glad when verizon does get it cause I'm tired of y'all mamby pamby jack wagons talk about it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unlimited Data rocks. I got unlimited DSL at home and work and college and unlimited iPhone data.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol I love the picture. And unlimited data? Yesss

Dear Michael essany.... every single one of your ridiculous verizon-iphone posts has been vindicated. congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRBass View Post
    Ditto I still have my unlimited data on my iPhone 4, so I'm good.
    I've had unlimited data since I had the Tilt.

They couldnt POSSIBLY make an offer good enough to make my bill change from where it is. I'm grandfathered in to ALL the older rates.
    EVGA P55LE Mobo/Core [email protected]/Corsair H50
    8GB Corsair Donimator DDR3 1600/Radeon 5870
    2x 150 Raptors in Raid 0/2 TB Caviar for storage
    Denon AVR 590 Reciever
    46" Sony KDL-XBR9

Just like ATT, verizon's "unlimited" data is a 5GB plan per month. It is the same as the old ATT grandfathered "unlimited plan" which was a 5GB/month plan. It is NOT truly unlimited on either company and both are full of ****.

Verizon's network sucks for not being able to use a data and a voice stream at the same time. This is something that is exceptional with ATT over all other CDMA networks that cannot handle this. My friend cannot receive pics, vids, data, anything multimedia if she is on a call. It sucks butt and thanks to ATT, we have this capability

the unlimited plan is not capped at 5GB people that is only the Laptop Connect/data cards. the unlimited for smartphone and medianet devices are unlimited.

I cannot wait to see these people who goto verizon to find they are getting a slower data network and cannot use voice and data at the same time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast