+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Announcement at 11am, 1/11/11

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Not interested in US iPhone whens iPhone 5 and iOS 4.3 here in the UK.... Also undecided about jailbreaking my 3GS trouble is I'm on 4.2.1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not interested in US iPhone whens iPhone 5 and iOS 4.3 here in the UK.... Also undecided about jailbreaking my 3GS trouble is I'm on 4.2.1

Banned
    Thanks

One thing I automatically deduced from this invitation was that if it was recieved on the eighth, and was (possibly) sent on the seventh, this could may mean that verizon is extremely excited to release the news and couldn't wait.
    What better occasion than the verizon iPhone?

The other thing I noticed was that Apple has never let out a product without having Steve Jobs himself announce it at a conference. I doubt they will change this pattern.
    That means that verizon will simply announce the verizon iPhone and maybe show a picture, but will leave the announcing to Apple.

Also, there is a high chance of iOS5 being released. We probably won't hear about it t the anouncement, but we will hear about it.
    Tell me, when was the last time a firmware went past X.2?

One last unimportant thing:
    If Verizon has callled this on 1/11/11, at 11:00 A.M, I can guarantee you they will refer to the word new at least once. They will something like, "this forges a new relationship between apple and verizon."

That is all. Speculate away.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marc4376 View Post
    Then why post here?

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    Also, there is a high chance of iOS5 being released. We probably won't hear about it t the anouncement, but we will hear about it.
    Traditionally, every single major iOS upgrade so far has coincided with the launch of a new device at their summer event. A CDMA iP4 isn't really a new device, it's expanding coverage of an existing device.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I laughed
    You and I are the only republicans in here. lol

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Or of age to care about certain matters

Thanks

True that. I'm gonna PM you a video.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

So here's the real question.. will the Verizon iPhone have a Verizon logo on it? I heard that was one of the reasons Apple went with AT&T instead of Verizon back in 2007.

Thanks

One thing I automatically deduced from this invitation was that if it was recieved on the eighth, and was (possibly) sent on the seventh, this could may mean that verizon is extremely excited to release the news and couldn't wait.
    What better occasion than the verizon iPhone?

The other thing I noticed was that Apple has never let out a product without having Steve Jobs himself announce it at a conference. I doubt they will change this pattern.
    That means that verizon will simply announce the verizon iPhone and maybe show a picture, but will leave the announcing to Apple.

One last unimportant thing:
    If Verizon has callled this on 1/11/11, at 11:00 A.M, I can guarantee you they will refer to the word new at least once. They will something like, "this forges a new relationship between apple and verizon."

That is all. Speculate away.
    No way is iOS 5 coming out. The releases have changed since iPad runs x.2 FWs.

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    So here's the real question.. will the Verizon iPhone have a Verizon logo on it? I heard that was one of the reasons Apple went with AT&T instead of Verizon back in 2007.
    No way. I'm thinking a "V" at the end of the serial number to help identify it.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 01-09-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

No way is iOS 5 coming out. The releases have changed since iPad runs x.2 FWs.

No way. I'm thinking a "V" at the end of the serial number to help identify it.

So u actually think that the Verizon iPhone is not going to be a new device? You don't think Apple has made any new tweaks? What distinguishes an improved iphone versus an older iphone?
    Maybe a camera resolution, or a flash. Its nothing much.

Remember the 2g and 3g ipod touches? could you actually distinguish the differences besides the storage?

You are thinking as a stupid member of the public. The public mainly thinks the Verizon iPhone will be exactly the same as the i4. With the pictures that already came out on ModMyI couple days ago, we already know u and the general public are wrong

with all due respect, before you flat out extenguish my entire arguement, why dont you try thinking out your idea first, ok?

Thanks

With all due respect, why don't you try to respect other people's EDUCATED guesses. I've followed and used apple products my whole life. I'm assuming by previous comments made by you that you have not.

The iphone 4 already has a flash, I don't know what you are talking about.

The difference in the 2nd gen and 3rd gen iPod touch was 3gs specs. The 3gs has the same design as the 3g.

So know you're going to go and call me stupid? Are you some all powerful enlightened being who can see the future and talk to Steve jobs with your Crystal ball? Nobody knows that those designs are real. They could be mockups of cheap chinese fakes (which happen all the time).

The Verizon iPhone WILL follow the same design and updates as the AT&T iPhone. Know why? Because apple controls the phone. Not carriers as with many other phones. You are simply thinking wishfully rather than intellectually, and correcting much more educated users than yourself.

Try again for half the points.

Banned
    Thanks

With all due respect, why don't you try to respect other people's EDUCATED guesses. I've followed and used apple products my whole life. I'm assuming by previous comments made by you that you have not.

The iphone 4 already has a flash, I don't know what you are talking about.

The difference in the 2nd gen and 3rd gen iPod touch was 3gs specs. The 3gs has the same design as the 3g.

So know you're going to go and call me stupid? Are you some all powerful enlightened being who can see the future and talk to Steve jobs with your Crystal ball? Nobody knows that those designs are real. They could be mockups of cheap chinese fakes (which happen all the time).

The Verizon iPhone WILL follow the same design and updates as the AT&T iPhone. Know why? Because apple controls the phone. Not carriers as with many other phones. You are simply thinking wishfully rather than intellectually, and correcting much more educated users than yourself.

Try again for half the points.

if you could actually comprehend what i was trying to say, then u would know that i was talking about the diff between the i4 and the 3gs.
    and since when was the ipod touch 3g similar to the 3gs? In what possible way? I wasn't even comparing those two. I was comparing the ipod touch 2g and the ipod touch 3g.
    and as for the same design, you are wrong again. Whereas the 3g ipod touch came out in september, the iphone 3gs came out in January.

y would the designs not be real? Millions of people reviewed them and KNOW they are real, whereas u are acting like a small child, whimpering at every sign of danger.

As a mindless consumer, you believe only what you hope is true. You do not look at past patterns, methods, or strategies of apple. As for you being an educated user, there are no actual facts in your comments.

The real question is not if the Verizon iPhone will come out or not: it is why I am still talking to you:

with all due respect, if any is due.
    Last edited by TheJailbreakGenius; 01-09-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Thanks

I laughed too, I was just being Fair and Balanced^TM

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (01-09-2011)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

So u actually think that the Verizon iPhone is not going to be a new device? You don't think Apple has made any new tweaks? What distinguishes an improved iphone versus an older iphone?
    Maybe a camera resolution, or a flash. Its nothing much.

Remember the 2g and 3g ipod touches? could you actually distinguish the differences besides the storage?

You are thinking as a stupid member of the public. The public mainly thinks the Verizon iPhone will be exactly the same as the i4. With the pictures that already came out on ModMyI couple days ago, we already know u and the general public are wrong

with all due respect, before you flat out extenguish my entire arguement, why dont you try thinking out your idea first, ok?
    Please be polite when posting!

if you could actually comprehend what i was trying to say, then u would know that i was talking about the diff between the i4 and the 3gs.
    and since when was the ipod touch 3g similar to the 3gs? In what possible way? I wasn't even comparing those two. I was comparing the ipod touch 2g and the ipod touch 3g.
    and as for the same design, you are wrong again. Whereas the 3g ipod touch came out in september, the iphone 3gs came out in January.

y would the designs not be real? Millions of people reviewed them and KNOW they are real, whereas u are acting like a small child, whimpering at every sign of danger.

As a mindless consumer, you believe only what you hope is true. You do not look at past patterns, methods, or strategies of apple. As for you being an educated user, there are no actual facts in your comments.

The real question is not if the Verizon iPhone will come out or not: it is why I am still talking to you:

Respect other members please!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 01-09-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Lets take it down a notch or two.......Guys!!!!!

Thanks

I don't get the point of insulting other users.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Apple just sent an email newsletter to retail stores that starting Jan 11th, they are no longer to charge a 10% restocking fee for returns. Interesting date to start this policy.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (01-09-2011)

Thanks

Maybe you couldn't comprehend what I was saying. I said, "The difference in the 2nd gen and 3rd gen iPod touch was 3gs specs. The 3gs has the same design as the 3g.". There is no such thing as a 3g ipod touch. It is 3rd gen. The processor and RAM specs of the 3gs were the same as the iPod touch 3g. Then I said that the 3gs has the same case design as the IPHONE 3g. Do you comprehend it now?

Damn, it was near a miracle that I could comprehend your posts. Please use proper grammar and REAL words (no "u" "y" and "i").

I think you are the "small child, whimpering". How the ******* hell do you KNOW that they are real? Did Steve Jobs drop you a line and tell you? Maybe I would give you a little respect if he did.

"As a mindless consumer, you believe only what you hope is true. You do not look at past patterns, methods, or strategies of apple. As for you being an educated user, there are no actual facts in your comments."

Really? Because I think you are the mindless consumer here. You are the one believing that some possibly. photoshop'd iphone 4 plans are "teh OMGz verizon IPHONE!" So, you are an educated user? Really? Because if you were you would know that everything I said was true. Apple has predictable moves. Nobody knows for sure, but you can see their next move.

You know, I respected you when I didn't have to. Check my post count and thanks. Now look at your's. Who is the n00b here? Who is the one who should be respecting the other? Yeah. That's what I thought. Get your act together or the Admins with ban you within a week.

Look, the Verizon iPhone is coming. It would be market suicide for apple not to. It will not be some fancy new hardware UNLESS announced at the time of the normal refresh. It will be the same hardware as AT&T uses with a different radio chip. Why? Because Apple doesn't play the games that every other cell phone manufacturer does. They don't offer better specs to one company and then give a scaled back version to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Lets take it down a notch or two.......Guys!!!!!
    He is the one who need to take it down. I'm being a LOT nicer and more respectful than I usually am in these circumstances. Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I don't get the point of insulting other users.
    I was using no insult, but when he saw that his argument was total BS, he tried the low blows. Might have worked too if he could write.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 01-09-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I didn't pick sides in who was insulting who, it's just never a good idea to insult other members.

Thanks

I know, but you love me, so I know where you stand

+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast