Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Announcement at 11am, 1/11/11

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I seem to be one of the only ones who doesn't think Android will fall flat on its *** after this announcement (assuming that it's more than just a rumor... again). Ah well, guess we will have to wait and see.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I have been saying this in various posts over the last couple of days but no one wanted to believe me. If you read my profile you may understand why I have some "inside perspective" on this. Like I said before. AT&T has added iPhone Appreciation teams...why? To retain existing AT&T iPhone customers from jumping to Verizon. Then they drop the price of the iPhone 3GS to $49...why? To get people to bite before the Verizon iPhone announcement. Then Apple blacks out vacations in early Feb..why because the Verizon iPhone will be announced and released Early Feb. Steve Jobs will be at the Verizon event on 1/11/2011 and the Verizon CDMA iPhone will be announce and go on sale early Feb (just like Stealth Bravo said). Some people on these forums do know what they are talking about.. sometimes. **Update** even Wall Street Journal is announcing this. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...DDLETopStories
    Last edited by reyg25atx; 01-07-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ylerT View Post
    Wall Street Journal has also been "confirming" the Verizon iPhone for years. Steve Jobs may be there but what's he going to say? Here's the same iPhone with a different carrier...enjoy. The reason Verizon is holding this event is to announce the phone, price and plans.

Don't get me wrong...I really hope this is finally it. It's starting to get ridiculous how many of the tech blogs are plastered with this rumor.
    You're the one quoting WSJ in your first post bro, not me. All Things Digital is who I was quoting.

And I never said I had a copy of Steve's remarks, only that it would seem odd for him not to be there. This isn't a Voda NZ launch, it's the biggest carrier in Apple's native country.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Did sumeone log in under the wrong name?

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

cant wait to hear more about it from Verizon

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Just have to wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I seem to be one of the only ones who doesn't think Android will fall flat on its *** after this announcement (assuming that it's more than just a rumor... again). Ah well, guess we will have to wait and see.
    If that's what the announcement is I think it'll take Android down as well.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 01-07-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I can't wait for verizon to get the iPhone. So these morons can change carriers already.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gbarielmoreno For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (01-07-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsenius View Post
    I'll be really happy if this actually happens. I can't wait for AT&T to get more bandwidth from less users while Verizon gets flamed for their slow as crap network.
    Yes, it will be great when People go to verizon and leave more bandwidth for me. Then people will see Atts network is not that bad.

Watch it end up being nothing more than MacBooks shipping with verizon 4g chips inside for wireless on the go.

Hopefully we can either activate it on Sprint or flash it to a smaller CDMA carrier like Cricket, page plus, or Metro PCS. Seriously are AT&T customers really going to save money by going to Verizon? They are the 2 most expensive carriers out of the big 5 US carriers.

i bet it's gonna be the white iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by SMokemyPole88 View Post
    Verizon iPhone rumors might finally die?

It can also be the iPad 2 being announced with Verizon's 4g LTE technology built in.
    I tell you It will not be a iPad 2

How soon do you think before we start seeing posts here re how poorly Verizon's iPhone works, and claiming it must be the phone, not the carrier? And asking when the unlock will be released?
    Senior

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi5o5 View Post
    i bet it's gonna be the white iPhone
    That would be hilarious!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

It is great timing on the part of Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A good source of mine that works for a verizon call center in Texas has given me the news that starting 1/11/11, their warranty policies will be changed due to a new item scheduled for release. My source also has said they will not grant vacation or downtime starting that date until further notice. Source also stated that this has never happened during any new item release so everyone at V is very confused as they have not been told anything about an I4 on that network. We will just have to wait and see. I will keep you posted on the news from inside verizon call center in Texas.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually this would suck if your on Verizon. Verizon is going to change their early upgrade policy from 12 months to 20 months. So Buy a iPhone 4 now and wait 20 months to get another phone at a 2 year commitment price.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agudan View Post
    A good source of mine that works for a verizon call center in Texas has given me the news that starting 1/11/11, their warranty policies will be changed due to a new item scheduled for release. My source also has said they will not grant vacation or downtime starting that date until further notice. Source also stated that this has never happened during any new item release so everyone at V is very confused as they have not been told anything about an I4 on that network. We will just have to wait and see. I will keep you posted on the news from inside verizon call center in Texas.
    Lol stop with the "my source told me" nonsense.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrducati For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (01-07-2011)

I really don't care. I hope verizon get's it though so that my AT&T gets a heluva lot faster. Better yet, make it so Verizon gets the white iphone and At&t doesn't! That will make the network much less crowded!

Twitter: @tshoults

They should wait all the way to November because it's cooler because it has more ones.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (01-07-2011)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast