+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alleged Foxconn Drawings Reportedly Show iPhone 5 Diagram

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I REALLY wish that video was still up so that I could compare the two. It would be quite interesting if they both aligned.
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I REALLY wish that video was still up so that I could compare the two. It would be quite interesting if they both aligned.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

Considering it costs a lot to make the tools to build them, Apple will probably stick with the iPhone 4-like design for a few generations.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^this

iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MLGKorno View Post
    Of course it looks like a 4.

It's a 4GS!
    Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by 04blkoutstng View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree. Perhaps you have inside information, but from the outside looking in it would seem very unlikely that Apple would let a generation old iphone debut on the largest carrier in the US when it (iphone in general) has already been bashed by verizon execs and android fanboys. Apple no longer manufactures 16 or 32gb iphone 3GSs and they obviously wouldnt want the only option on the network to be an 8 gig. More importantly though is that the 3gs has a lower resolution screen, worse battery, slower processor, lower mp camera and lacks a front facing camera compared to the I4. With such clear disadvantages in comparison to the features on current verizon phones, almost no one would want the iphone IMO. Existing AT&T customers wouldnt ditch their i4s for 3GSs (at least i dont think so), especially with all the drawbacks of verizon such as slower network, US only use and no voice and data simultaneously. If the 3GS debuted and not the i4, millions of people would refrain from switching and could likely be the biggest flop for a long time to come considering all of the hype over the last few years. Jobs wasn't named CEO of the decade by making bad decisions. I'll go ahead and call it: the 3GS has a 0% chance of going to Verizon.

With that aside, can anyone make out the writing on the diagram/translate it to see if the dimensions are slightly different from the iphone 4? I'd say it's most likely a CDMA I4 or possible I5 since Rob2G said that there was a possible discrepancy in the rear housing and its unlikely they'd make a change mid-gen. I could see this being an I5 and apple starting a trend with design changes every 2 years which is common with manufacturers in multiple other market (i.e. mustang design every 5 years). At least i hope this is the case so that i can keep all of my accessories
    Its a 4GS not a 3GS
    Last edited by syedsufyan; 01-08-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

this is bad news. this could mean that the Verizon iPhone is still in the drawing stage.

Even if the verizon iphone is not in the drawing stage, the picture is still useless. All i can deduce from the diagrams is that the back of the iphone still has a flash on it.

The words are illegible or blurred, and even if they weren't, i believe they are i Chinese.
    It seems like this may have been leaked a while back, but wasn't published until now.
    Last edited by TheJailbreakGenius; 01-09-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks

How much more would they need to improve the iPhone 4? I think Apple really likes to jump the gun on pushing out products for the sake of pushing out products (e.g, the new touch iPod nano).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaMi View Post
    I really dislike people who do this. This thread is news, this is the news section. If you don't care, keep it to yourself please. Anyway, I personally don't think it looks different enough to hype as the i5 since we're still 6 months away, but hey, who knows?
    Who cares?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emoticonartist View Post
    How much more would they need to improve the iPhone 4? I think Apple really likes to jump the gun on pushing out products for the sake of pushing out products (e.g, the new touch iPod nano).
    Well Apple has to keep up with the other competitor with all of the new android phones constantly being released and also now with windows releasing some new phones and the new OS. Apple has to stay in the game and as it seems they have a schedule if I can say of releasing a new device every couple of months. As every iPhone release has been release around the month of June they have a little routine they follow. And a few improvements to the iPhone 4 can and one that most certainly will be improved is the Antennas on the phones and also possibly a CDMA iPhone (version) and possibly even more Rom and a better front facing camera.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 04blkoutstng View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree. Perhaps you have inside information, but from the outside looking in it would seem very unlikely that Apple would let a generation old iphone debut on the largest carrier in the US when it (iphone in general) has already been bashed by verizon execs and android fanboys. Apple no longer manufactures 16 or 32gb iphone 3GSs and they obviously wouldnt want the only option on the network to be an 8 gig. More importantly though is that the 3gs has a lower resolution screen, worse battery, slower processor, lower mp camera and lacks a front facing camera compared to the I4. With such clear disadvantages in comparison to the features on current verizon phones, almost no one would want the iphone IMO. Existing AT&T customers wouldnt ditch their i4s for 3GSs (at least i dont think so), especially with all the drawbacks of verizon such as slower network, US only use and no voice and data simultaneously. If the 3GS debuted and not the i4, millions of people would refrain from switching and could likely be the biggest flop for a long time to come considering all of the hype over the last few years. Jobs wasn't named CEO of the decade by making bad decisions. I'll go ahead and call it: the 3GS has a 0% chance of going to Verizon.

With that aside, can anyone make out the writing on the diagram/translate it to see if the dimensions are slightly different from the iphone 4? I'd say it's most likely a CDMA I4 or possible I5 since Rob2G said that there was a possible discrepancy in the rear housing and its unlikely they'd make a change mid-gen. I could see this being an I5 and apple starting a trend with design changes every 2 years which is common with manufacturers in multiple other market (i.e. mustang design every 5 years). At least i hope this is the case so that i can keep all of my accessories
    I'm almost 100% positive its the 3GS.

This might have something to do with the fact that AT&T has the rights to the iPhone 4? I dunno

EDIT: Actually from the sound of it (after I read the newest article posted here) they are getting the iPhone 4
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 01-10-2011 at 08:53 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

I like looking at rumored leaked photos, but I never get my hopes up, I believe it when I see it
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EskimoRuler For This Useful Post:

DaCodec (01-10-2011)

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123