+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Massive Failure:" Mac App Store Titles Easily Pirated

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Actually, this is not Apple's fault. It was developers that did not properly secure their applications (mainly speaking of twitter). Once this gets going in full swing, Apple will force
    Thanks

Actually, this is not Apple's fault. It was developers that did not properly secure their applications (mainly speaking of twitter). Once this gets going in full swing, Apple will force devs to secure their apps to keep other devs safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    if we are not allowed to talk about pirating then don't post articles regarding it. For many reasons, I don't feel bad for millionaires, likewise I don't feel bad about this neither. I already knew this was going to happen a long time ago.
    Most devs are NOT millionaires. Very few ever reach that status. And if they do, they greatly deserve it.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 01-09-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Actually, this is not Apple's fault. It was developers that did not properly secure their applications (mainly speaking of twitter). Once this gets going in full swing, Apple will force devs to secure their apps to keep other devs safe.

Most devs are NOT millionaires. Very few ever reach that status. And if they do, they greatly deserve it.
    This is off topic but your sig made me laugh. jaja

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    +1 - thanks! I was starting to get a little annoyed with people not knowing the difference between using MMi to actually pirate (which is against the rules) and discussing the issues surrounding piracy. There are a number of devs who read MMi and this could be useful info to them either on why they shouldn't use the App Store or maybe how to implement their own DRM if they don't want to wait for Apple.
    exactly. This was not a how-to guide on pirating the apps, just info on what's going on. Sad to hear people are to cheap to buy a 5 dollar game for there $1000 and up Mac
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks

I don't think its about being too cheap to buy an app. Can you tell me you have never borrowed a friends tape, CD, DVD movie to make a copy for yourself....or how many have ever had chips in the PS or Xbox to play copied games...
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 01-10-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I know I posted some quotes from an article talking about something that I found out was like this.........I was asking about it because one of the apps was claiming many people are stealing...

I did not know it was about this instead the mod just said it was and closed the thread.... if its not telling how or where then whats the harm in free discussion? I don't get it.
    Check your PM's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Marcase View Post
    Mmmm...maybe keeping the store runnin perhaps?
    Ha ha ha, you think it cost millions upon millions of dollars a year to run the app store? Your obviously very intelligent. Tell me more please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    thats pretty clear, dont offer or ask for pirated software, but nothing about discussing pirating and security itself
    I find this forums policy on warez quite funny. They do not support pirating because it's illegal while they have supported jailbreaking for over three years even while the legality of it was being debated by apple, which wouldnt have made it illegal per say but it would put it in a gray area where it could have been made illegal. If it had would those of you who had jailbroken iphones restored them? If it had been made illegal would you have complied and not jailbroken anymore? My point is moot now since the bill stating jailbreaking is legal has been in effect for a while but still. Besides the legality of it what's the difference between jailbreaking and pirating? In basic terms you are doing something that the creator of the product wishes you not too. I just thought it was kinda funny.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,775 Times in 6,871 Posts

One is stealing and one is modifying a device to add features that Apple may have left out or restricts. Pretty clear cut difference if you ask me.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by II WIZZLE II View Post
    I find this forums policy on warez quite funny. They do not support pirating because it's illegal while they have supported jailbreaking for over three years even while the legality of it was being debated by apple, which wouldnt have made it illegal per say but it would put it in a gray area where it could have been made illegal. If it had would those of you who had jailbroken iphones restored them? If it had been made illegal would you have complied and not jailbroken anymore? My point is moot now since the bill stating jailbreaking is legal has been in effect for a while but still. Besides the legality of it what's the difference between jailbreaking and pirating? In basic terms you are doing something that the creator of the product wishes you not too. I just thought it was kinda funny.
    Pirating is stealing jailbreaking is gaining root access to your device making it your own and being able to customize it and add features to it that apple does not allow. Once again pirating is scamming and ripping people off that work hard to develop apps for the app store, music, and even Cydia app or tweak developers. Pirating is not supported here

If you don't agree with the rules mmi sets please go to another forum.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Let's see... one is stealing something from someone, and the other is simply changing the way something looks. Yep, they're the same. I come in your house and steal your tv, or I redecorate my house. Yep, they're the same. I steal a painting off of your wall, or I buy a painting by you and I draw a mustache on it. Yep, they're the same.

Jailbreaking has never been illegal. Apple can say whatever it wants, it does not write bills or sign them into law.

There have never been any laws on the books against jailbreaking. Stealing someone's work is on the books as a crime. And now, jailbreaking is officially legal and Apple is continuing to make it difficult. It does have the right to make its firmware however it wants, but the first time Apple announces it has purposely stymied jailbreaking, court time!
    Senior

Thanks

Huh?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't know what the big deal is.
    Sooner or later there was going to be the same app piracy as on the iphone. And as macs aren't sandboxed there wasn't much apple could do about it.

Cheers
    smoel

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234