Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T to Begin Selling iPhone 3GS for $49 This Friday

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Why not spend a few more bucks and get a 4? or wait for 5?
    That's what I said earlier man.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Just seems silly to me

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Posers dising the Iphone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    who cares about iphone 3gs? wake me up when apple makes a better phone than the crappy iphone 4.
    Spoken from someone who does not own one or use one...
    I had a 3GS until a month ago....lost it.
    I only had a month and a half to go on my contract so ATT let me upgrade early. I am surprised at how much better the Iphone 4 is. Faster, memory usage is better, and of course the display and camera are much better.

BUT, the 3GS was a good phone that worked well for me. Unlike most posers who don't even have an iphone, but still like to flap their lips to prove they are still alive, I used mine every day for delivery work and used the google maps function all the time. It was, and still is a good multi-functional phone.
    Last edited by thevmax; 01-07-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrolock View Post
    Should be cheaper because it's all plastic and easily damaged. Google should have sticked with HTC.
    your not wrong

Quote Originally Posted by marccarl21 View Post
    your not wrong
    its a galaxy s in drag

[QUOTE=Dranon;5700265]HOW do they rape you????????? EVERY single SMART phone on every carrier requires a data plan! The data plans are all very comparably priced. SO how are they raping you????

well i dont know where you are but, on my side of the world for the deal that we were discussing the 2 year contract with data would probably set us back 40-45 pounds a month just because its an iphone 3gs not an ip4 a 3gs.... that is rape..... or do you need me convert that to your language...answers on a post card please .......lol
    Last edited by marccarl21; 01-07-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I am in USA but I travel interantional so I know how to convert pounds. Too bad you brits did not go with the euro, it has made european travel so much easier what with not having to convert my money everytime I crossed a border...
    But back to the topic you pay MORE for data if it is a 3GS vs. an ip4??? or any other smartphone for that matter??

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I still use a 3GS as a backup phone and love it. Granted, the i4 blows it away but it is still a very nice phone compared to other smart phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    Well I am in USA but I travel interantional so I know how to convert pounds. Too bad you brits did not go with the euro, it has made european travel so much easier what with not having to convert my money everytime I crossed a border...
    But back to the topic you pay MORE for data if it is a 3GS vs. an ip4??? or any other smartphone for that matter??

nonono you have me wrong the price plan is more if you have an iphone on it as opposed to say a galaxy s for example... so its a rip off because you will pay that type of money for a 3gs over 2 years

Default Error in Article
    What the article failed to mention is that the iphone 3gs models that they're going to offer for $49 are 8 GB models. Yeah, that's right, apple has since re-manufactured all of the 3GS phones to sell cheaper 8GB ones.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dranon View Post
    Spoken like a true American - totally unaware of true international issues.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hopefully this has something to do with Verizon getting the iPhone soon... like AT&T trying to lock people in to new contracts before it's announced? I'm probably just over thinking it, they're probably just getting rid of the rest of the iPhone 3GS' before the next iPhone is out, would be nice though, I'm stuck on T-Mobile for now with no 3G since I refuse to go back to AT&T

...Anyways my friend has a real old phone and he's been waiting for it to break for a while now so that he can convince his wife that he needs a more modern phone, well it happened yesterday, so this price drop couldn't have come at a better time, going with him to get one later, I love helping people get setup on a new iPhone for the first time, now if only I can convince him to jailbreak it

in 6 months the iPhone 5's gonna be here and the data package is so expensive in proportion to the phone I don't get why you'd want to save a 150 bucks and get an (almost) 2 generations old phone...

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Great deal if you want an iPhone but don't need the new one
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

you can buy a cheaper iphone on craigslist
    considering paying $200-$300
    than paying $49+tax+2years from att
    Last edited by Hien; 01-08-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

And then save money how? By paying for a data package anyway?

did i say paying att = cheap? no
    even if you bough an iphone for $900 from craigslist it still consider cheap! if you avoid att

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123