Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is This Apple's 5th Generation iPhone Prototype?

im pretty sure apple is going to do exactly what they did with the original iphone... this will just be called the iphone 4G everything spec wise will be exactly the same except it will run on the 4g network.. exactly like the iphone and iphone 3g

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThomson View Post
    im pretty sure apple is going to do exactly what they did with the original iphone... this will just be called the iphone 4G everything spec wise will be exactly the same except it will run on the 4g network.. exactly like the iphone and iphone 3g
    lol but will it be LTE or HSPA+? What cracks me up is AT&T jumped on the "HSPA+ is 4G" bandwagon at CES today. But HSPA+ is not considered real 4G and Verizon is pretty clear they think calling it "4G" is a joke.

However, wimax (sprint's 4G) is considered a legit 4G network yet their DL speed is similar to AT&T's HSPA+ speed. So what is true 4G anyway? Too many opinions

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    lol but will it be LTE or HSPA+? What cracks me up is AT&T jumped on the "HSPA+ is 4G" bandwagon at CES today. But HSPA+ is not considered real 4G and Verizon is pretty clear they think calling it "4G" is a joke.

However, wimax (sprint's 4G) is considered a legit 4G network yet their DL speed is similar to AT&T's HSPA+ speed. So what is true 4G anyway? Too many opinions
    Whatever's fastest is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta4Jah420 View Post
    Your wrong..it clearly has a mini sim slot on the side, if it was the "new verizon iphone" wouldnt it use cdma or whatever?? Verizon doesnt use sim cards....nice journalism though...

It clearly states in the article that Verizon's 4G network requires a sim card.
    Last edited by jonquinn; 01-05-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

That would make more sense

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    Did someone find this in a bar too?

Haha I see what you did there

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    " so people that are *TOO* lazy to get a case will stop complaining"

WOW. True ignorance right there! So, 30 (or US equivalent) up for a decent case is acceptable so that you may hold a phone to not lose signal??? As if you buy something as desirable and good looking as an iPhone 4 then immediately proceed to cover it in an ugly case JUST so you can hold the bugger in a way you'd hold any other phone! GTF'outa here, man lol.
    That's what I said when the fan boys were (apparently still are) willing to pardon apple for selling a phone that didn't work as a phone without the ugly case.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I would vote almost certainly the CDMA version of the iPhone 4. Too early for a production version of the next gen iPhone IMO.
    Actually this design would fall perfectly in place for the next gen phone. There isn't going to be a major physical difference in the i5.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    First Gen iPhone > iPhone 3G = Minor update
    3G to 3GS = Major update
    3GS to iPhone 4 = Major update
    iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 = who knows. Most likely minor things.. RAM increase, 8MP camera, minor processor speed bump?
    This. I feel this revision will be just like the original iPhone to the 3G. It will be a minor update, but introducing a new network, 4G.
    They will simply call it, iPhone 4G.

Of course this is all speculation.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Video down due to Apple claiming it violates copyrights.. LOVELY!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Copyright infringement? Does that say anything? Hmmmm

Am i the only one who notice the prototype is slimmer than Ip4?

You guys act like it's a minor update the iPhone 4 is packed to the brim as it is. Adding a hybrid gsm/CDMA chip especially and LTE one at that would take up a lot of space, putting a bigger camera sensor and extra ram/processor is more space that isn't available. The iPhone 4 was a drastic leap as it is making it slimmer and putting a massive battery in it was pretty impressive, unless they have a trick up there sleeve with a new kind of battery or micro chips you guys are asking for a lot especially after what we got last year

Watch the video on www.iclarified.com
    Last edited by bigbodybenz; 01-05-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Wrong website

Getting a Walkman look to it...

the video's taken off youtube cuz of Apple. So I'm gonna go with it's legit. Prob just the verizon iphone 4 tho instead of iphone 5

Apple claimed about the video=it's real jaja

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I don't even see a difference between this and the iPhone 4

Other than that stupid black strip ... Me either

P.S. ... How did you get Go Giants, I'm a HUGE Giants fan and would love something like that

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    Other than that stupid black strip ... Me either

P.S. ... How did you get Go Giants, I'm a HUGE Giants fan and would love something like that
    You need to ask a super mod, you probably have enough posts to get a custom title, but you need a lot to get a custom colour

personally, If that is the real 5th gen iphone I would be really disapointed. I love everythin in the iphone specially when I jailbroke it. the only thing that bothers me is its screen. I like bigger and wider screens.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast