Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is This Apple's 5th Generation iPhone Prototype?

It probably won't have any major updates. It seems like they make big upgrades or at least design changes every other iPhone update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta4Jah420 View Post
    Your wrong..it clearly has a mini sim slot on the side, if it was the "new verizon iphone" wouldnt it use cdma or whatever?? Verizon doesnt use sim cards....nice journalism though...
    You are Wrong. Yes Verizon does use CDMA but they do have some smartphones that also have SIM card slots. Why you ask? Because CDMA is only in U.S. rest of U.S.,Europe, etc use GSM. Smartphones are usually used by business customers that travel outside the U.S. What good is a Verizon phone if it will not work outside the U.S. That is why they have a SIM card slot to use a SIM from GSM provider in another country. The BB Storm and Storm 2 are some examples of Verizon devices that have internal SIM card slots. Most people now try to use the Verizon devices with other carriers like AT&T. So it is not a far fetched idea that this maybe the Verizon iPhone. I have knowledge via a inside source AT&T is crapping bricks right now over the iPhone exclusivity agreement that is going to expire soon. They have just created entire customer service teams to let exitsing AT&T iPhone customers how much AT&T Love them. I would too given the potential money AT&T stands to lose. I don't remember when it was but a poll a while back showed most people love the iPhone but if given the choice would like another carrier in the U.S. other than AT&T. So they are gearing up to do serious A** kissing to retain their existing iPhone customers!

Hope this info was useful.
    Last edited by reyg25atx; 01-05-2011 at 04:05 PM.

But how does a sim card slot imply a phone that will be compatible with both GSM and CDMA?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

First Gen iPhone > iPhone 3G = Minor update
    3G to 3GS = Major update
    3GS to iPhone 4 = Major update
    iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 = who knows. Most likely minor things.. RAM increase, 8MP camera, minor processor speed bump?

Your wrong..it clearly has a mini sim slot on the side, if it was the "new verizon iphone" wouldnt it use cdma or whatever?? Verizon doesnt use sim cards....nice journalism though...
    The "or whatever" would be LTE, which Verizon has a few tiny pockets of, which uses SIMs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bsltiger View Post
    But how does a sim card slot imply a phone that will be compatible with both GSM and CDMA?
    I am stationed in Sigonella, Italy and some co-workers of mine have blackberry bolds from Verizon and Sprint and they both have Sim slots on them because that is the only way to use a phone over here as EVERYWHERE is GSM. I will go back to AT&T once i am in the states so i am not on the verizon bandwagon, only that they will lighten up AT&Ts network with the people that will switch to Verizon. But who knows....rumors spread like wild fire as we all know guess we will have to just wait and see.

I seriously hope the next Gen iPhone is a bigger step up from the iphone 4, if its not i am going to be extremely dissapointed.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe it's both CMDA and GSM. If activated as CDMA, the GSM sim could be out of the circuit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

look at the different colors of the frames...the iPhone 5 frame is a little lighter in color than the previous gen. this is only because apple is using liquid metal on the new model..it will increase signal and rid of death grip. mere speculation, but highly probable.

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Quote Originally Posted by reyg25atx View Post
    You are Wrong. Yes Verizon does use CDMA but they do have some smartphones that also have SIM card slots. Why you ask? Because CDMA is only in U.S. rest of U.S.,Europe, etc use GSM. Smartphones are usually used by business customers that travel outside the U.S. What good is a Verizon phone if it will not work outside the U.S. That is why they have a SIM card slot to use a SIM from GSM provider in another country. The BB Storm and Storm 2 are some examples of Verizon devices that have internal SIM card slots. Most people now try to use the Verizon devices with other carriers like AT&T. So it is not a far fetched idea that this maybe the Verizon iPhone. I have knowledge via a inside source AT&T is crapping bricks right now over the iPhone exclusivity agreement that is going to expire soon. They have just created entire customer service teams to let exitsing AT&T iPhone customers how much AT&T Love them. I would too given the potential money AT&T stands to lose. I don't remember when it was but a poll a while back showed most people love the iPhone but if given the choice would like another carrier in the U.S. other than AT&T. So they are gearing up to do serious A** kissing to retain their existing iPhone customers!

Hope this info was useful.
    Verizon has launched a small number of LTE areas. LTE uses SIM cards, so that would be a much simpler explanation for the SIM slot.

Also, as far as crapping bricks, people said the same thing about AT&T years ago when they were about to lose Motorola RAZR exclusivity. I think AT&T is gonna be just fine.

Not enough changes for the iPhone 5G, maybe it's the 4GS model
    "We don't need bullets, We need Pie's"

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    I am stationed in Sigonella, Italy and some co-workers of mine have blackberry bolds from Verizon and Sprint and they both have Sim slots on them because that is the only way to use a phone over here as EVERYWHERE is GSM. I will go back to AT&T once i am in the states so i am not on the verizon bandwagon, only that they will lighten up AT&Ts network with the people that will switch to Verizon. But who knows....rumors spread like wild fire as we all know guess we will have to just wait and see.

I seriously hope the next Gen iPhone is a bigger step up from the iphone 4, if its not i am going to be extremely dissapointed.
    I felt the same way until I lost my 3GS.
    Then when I replaced it with the 4, I noticed that everything worked better. It's noticeably faster, has more usable memory and the GPS with Google maps has a function that keeps your location in the center of the screen while moving the map in the background. Plus, the map changes direction as you make turns. So even though it looks like minor changes on paper, the functions work much better and the phone runs apps much faster. That may not sound like major changes to you, but since I use my phone for work, contacting customers and going to locations I am not familar with, this is a major upgrade for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    First Gen iPhone > iPhone 3G = Minor update
    3G to 3GS = Major update
    3GS to iPhone 4 = Major update
    iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 = who knows. Most likely minor things.. RAM increase, 8MP camera, minor processor speed bump?
    I consider the 3G to 3GS to be a minor up update. It was just boost in RAM and CPU. They both had the same the design.

On the other hand, First Gen to 3G was major and it got the ball rolling. It introduced 3G to the masses (even though it wasn't the first 3G phone), it had a total redesign, and had a larger battery

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

The misaligned Mute switch screams fake. There isn't a chance in hell Apple would replicate all aspects of the phone then move the placement of one button, thus rendering nearly all iPhone4 cases and form fitting accessories as incompatible with the iPhone5. Either the form factor is identical (e.g. 3G & 3GS) or it's a totally different shape.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    I love how people ask for slimmer phones + more batter life Unfortunately these 2 don't come hand in hand. Now once apple capitalizes on the solar powered charging of phones I can see a slimmer phone and ultimately more room to slim down.
    The iphone 4 is slimmer then the 3g and 3gs and has more battery life
    [SIGPIC]

This section should be called speculation, there's never any really news anymore, just you mods tweeting crap to keep the site hitting the top of google.

IMO iPhone 5 will look different otherwise it would be called a 4s or something, when have apple ever change to another gen without changing the looks? Never.
    Follow me: @Nips19

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

fake and ***

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I would vote almost certainly the CDMA version of the iPhone 4. Too early for a production version of the next gen iPhone IMO.
    This. The reworked antenna layout is for the CDMA radios. Plus, did y'all see how many Android phones AT&T is planning this year (12 in all so far)? Sure sign they're losing iPhone exclusivity.

And those of you clamoring about the SIM slot apparently have never seen the Droid2 Global or the BB Tour/Storm/Bold. CDMA phones with SIM card slots.
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 01-05-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red_zone View Post
    Maybe this will simply be a REVISION of the iPhone 4 so people that are to lazy to get a case will stop complaining about the antenna "issue"? The frame looks extremely similar, except for the metal band that runs around the phone. Did anyone ever think that THAT could be a possibility?!
    " so people that are *TOO* lazy to get a case will stop complaining"

WOW. True ignorance right there! So, 30 (or US equivalent) up for a decent case is acceptable so that you may hold a phone to not lose signal??? As if you buy something as desirable and good looking as an iPhone 4 then immediately proceed to cover it in an ugly case JUST so you can hold the bugger in a way you'd hold any other phone! GTF'outa here, man lol.

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    Wow makes sense little death grip improvements, but just like 3G and 3GS they'll probably increase the RAM of the 5th generation iPhone, but keep the same look. I wish they would make iPhone 5h generation slimmer Apple should look up Google at some prototypes people have on there.
    Isn't the iPhone 4 the world's thinnest smartphone? Or at least it was a few months ago.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast