+ Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: @comex To Wait Until 4.3 For Untether?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by hackfiles My 2 cents ,when i was young hackers were hackers and did not care about politics all that much surrounding the scenes also they kept their
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hackfiles View Post
    My 2 cents ,when i was young hackers were hackers and did not care about politics all that much surrounding the scenes also they kept their identity quiet and secret,things that needed to get done got done quickly and efficiently ,now we beta test for weeks jailbreaks which really dont do anything for us besides crippling our phones ,what is it worth to have a phone without bluetooth where most apps wont work and where the battery of your phone drains due to jailbreak so much you need a battery pack on your back,well i dont know ,in any case my belief is if they were capable to jailbreak 4.2.1 it would be out ,now they just cant (the right way anyway,a tethered jailbreak is pointless and their monte solution is just stupid,going through all this work to get a crippled phone )all the dev team is good at lately is to have musclenerd flap his gums pretending they can and also to pretend that they have such a good one in stock for the future ,woohoooooooooo big f*()_) deal.bunch of "hackers" affraid of breaking the law, you should call yourself programmers with skills not hackers .just go rogue ,underground, stop running after fame and future jobs based on your jailbreak exploits and just do it if you really capable to keep up instead of wasting your time and ours with poinless twitter chitchat,going against one another ....boohoo this one revealed shatter,boohoo this one said my moma was fat ,boohoo let me show you my guns (referring to p0sixninja on twitter from chronic when he was saying he;s going to war with musclenerd ,you know the chronic dev team the most pointless team around for sure)boooooooooooooooo the **** whooooooooooooo either pullout a jailbreak or get quiet like Geohot ,at least he doesnt ******** anymore and from time to time as usual he comes back to the scene with something worthed he made himself ,not like the dev team which uses his vulnerability to try to make something work.as per COmex how difficult is it to give a clear answer ,everyone wants to know if the 4.2.1 solution offered by you and supposed to go out by xmas will come out before the iphone 10 just say it yes or no how difficult can this be ?
    Bro, that was the longest sentence ever. My ADD doesn't allow thoughts like that to process. However, when you come out with your untethered jailbreak, I'll give it a Beta shot

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

My 2 cents ,when i was young hackers were hackers and did not care about politics all that much surrounding the scenes also they kept their identity quiet and secret,things that needed to get done got done quickly and efficiently ,now we beta test for weeks jailbreaks which really dont do anything for us besides crippling our phones ,what is it worth to have a phone without bluetooth where most apps wont work and where the battery of your phone drains due to jailbreak so much you need a battery pack on your back,well i dont know ,in any case my belief is if they were capable to jailbreak 4.2.1 it would be out ,now they just cant (the right way anyway,a tethered jailbreak is pointless and their monte solution is just stupid,going through all this work to get a crippled phone )all the dev team is good at lately is to have musclenerd flap his gums pretending they can and also to pretend that they have such a good one in stock for the future ,woohoooooooooo big f*()_) deal.bunch of "hackers" affraid of breaking the law, you should call yourself programmers with skills not hackers .just go rogue ,underground, stop running after fame and future jobs based on your jailbreak exploits and just do it if you really capable to keep up instead of wasting your time and ours with poinless twitter chitchat,going against one another ....boohoo this one revealed shatter,boohoo this one said my moma was fat ,boohoo let me show you my guns (referring to p0sixninja on twitter from chronic when he was saying he;s going to war with musclenerd ,you know the chronic dev team the most pointless team around for sure)boooooooooooooooo the **** whooooooooooooo either pullout a jailbreak or get quiet like Geohot ,at least he doesnt ******** anymore and from time to time as usual he comes back to the scene with something worthed he made himself ,not like the dev team which uses his vulnerability to try to make something work.as per COmex how difficult is it to give a clear answer ,everyone wants to know if the 4.2.1 solution offered by you and supposed to go out by xmas will come out before the iphone 10 just say it yes or no how difficult can this be ?
    Two cents? More like a dollar or two

Thanks

A little spoiled aren't we? The Dev Team works pretty much anonymously FOR FREE. Of course tethered jailbreaks aren't ideal, but over the years, Apple has tightened up their OS. Unless you can do better, be grateful for what we have or just shut up...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-05-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    A little spoiled aren't we? The Dev Team works pretty much anonymously FOR FREE. Of course tethered jailbreaks aren't ideal, but over the years, Apple has tightened up their OS. Unless you can do better, be grateful for what we have or just shut up...
    +1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry for my ortograph and lack of punctuation to begin with (english is not my native language which really is not an excuse),anynow im not ungreatfull ,and i do understand dev jailbreak phones for free ,but i also understand that most dev dont really work for the public altought they pretend to,most of them do it as a personal challenge to see how good they really are at what they do.I would just rather have no promises at all (complete silence from them if you prefer)and the jailbreak when its done instead these release dates perpetually postponded.its obvious im a bit flustered not having my iphone 4 jailbroken so i was just sharing my taughts nothing more nothing less ,im not trying to start a debate ,and notice ,i never criticize other users for their taughts whether i agree with them or not,just letting steam out,i didnt know either that a moderator could bluntly tell a user who share his or her opinion to shut up
    Last edited by hackfiles; 01-05-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Careful, opinions that do not sit well with others are frowned upon. Just drink the cool-aid

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i see that

Banned
    Thanks

U mistook this place as a forum

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

DRFP i need no refund ,i dont depend on a unlock as i had enough money to buy it unlock from the appstore so i can travel freely and buy a sim in any country im in and altought i prefer to have it jailbroken ,having it stock is not the end of the world. My comment is only about dev promising jailbreaks and not delivering on THEIR promises which is somehow disapointing,no one forced them to go out and promise a due date, thousands will agreee with me on this ,as thousands will disagree

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vansmack View Post
    U mistook this place as a forum
    i obviously did ,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vansmack View Post
    Careful, opinions that do not sit well with others are frowned upon. Just drink the cool-aid
    Isn't that kind of the point of a forum? You express your opinion and then it is either agreed or disagreed with? It's not like he's being banned for having a difference of opinion, I just disagreed in his opinion of the Dev Team. That's all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Well Comex put all of this to rest tonight with his tweeds to SebastienPage. It will be out for whatever iOS is out when it's ready.

Can we please close this thread now?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 6,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Isn't that kind of the point of a forum? You express your opinion and then it is either agreed or disagreed with? It's not like he's being banned for having a difference of opinion, I just disagreed in his opinion of the Dev Team. That's all...
    Very good point.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    You buy a car with a maintenance agreement, you own the car, it has a sun roof. During a scheduled maintenance visit the dealer decides the Sun roof must be kept open ( or closed your choice) and "Locks it in place". The Function of the sun roof is altered and I cannot close ( or open) the sun roof. I have a loss.

You would never accept the car like that, why should we accept that Apple can and will alter our phones like this?
    You didn't buy the phone with JB (sunroof in your argument). If you had and then they took it or altered it, you'd have a case. However, you bought it without JB so they're not taking anything away from you that you purchased.

Plus, if you knew that dealer was gonna do something you didn't want to your car, you prolly wouldn't go to them (don't update FW) or you'd look for a different dealer (different handset).

Bottom line with Apple is that they have agreements they have to maintain. They have agreements with devs to generate income for them (devs) and to promote their product through the AppStore. Cydia circumvents that and (arguably) hurts the AppStore. Thus Apple can't allow it to exist and claim to be honoring their dev agreements.

The other issue is the carrier agreements (AT&T in the U.S.). If Apple allows their phones to constantly be unlocked and used with T-Mobile, etc and does nothing about it, they're opening themselves up to potential breach of contract issues with carriers. Nevermind the fact that this argument is dependent on Cydia anyway so it ties back into the first point I made with respect to dev agreements.

My iP4 is jailbroken and white (converted using Apple parts) so I'm clearly not someone Apple would be friendly towards lol. I don't agree with everything they do but I definitely can see where they're coming from.
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 01-06-2011 at 09:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Important Quick Question!!!

Just bought a iphone4 from someone who has never jailbroken her device. She's on 4.2.1, will this untethered jailbreak work for people who haven't jailbroken previously and are 4.2.1?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 6,987 Posts

Yes the comex one should

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

crewxp (01-07-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    sweet thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I have been harmed if I bought apps and now cannot use them due to Apple's update......... either from the Apple App store or Cydia, doesn't matter its legal to have cydia apps and legal to have jaibreak, if I have been harmed then there's a lawsuit brewing plain and simple, these kind of suits are usually class action.
    you have no lawsuit in this situation, get over your hurt feelings and move on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    You didn't buy the phone with JB (sunroof in your argument). If you had and then they took it or altered it, you'd have a case. However, you bought it without JB so they're not taking anything away from you that you purchased.

Plus, if you knew that dealer was gonna do something you didn't want to your car, you prolly wouldn't go to them (don't update FW) or you'd look for a different dealer (different handset).

Bottom line with Apple is that they have agreements they have to maintain. They have agreements with devs to generate income for them (devs) and to promote their product through the AppStore. Cydia circumvents that and (arguably) hurts the AppStore. Thus Apple can't allow it to exist and claim to be honoring their dev agreements.

The other issue is the carrier agreements (AT&T in the U.S.). If Apple allows their phones to constantly be unlocked and used with T-Mobile, etc and does nothing about it, they're opening themselves up to potential breach of contract issues with carriers. Nevermind the fact that this argument is dependent on Cydia anyway so it ties back into the first point I made with respect to dev agreements.

My iP4 is jailbroken and white (converted using Apple parts) so I'm clearly not someone Apple would be friendly towards lol. I don't agree with everything they do but I definitely can see where they're coming from.
    100%. In agreement, I too am jail broken. Lol!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want jailbreaik!!! I want!!!!!!!!!!! Please, give me!!!