+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: @comex To Wait Until 4.3 For Untether?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by DRFP Its not the DevTeam its Apple, the courts need to help us and tell Apple they cannot close the exploits for JB, in other words make
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    Its not the DevTeam its Apple, the courts need to help us and tell Apple they cannot close the exploits for JB, in other words make the IOS ( which they make mandatory to run the Apps by making the App developers in the App store change the apps to require the newer IOS) open to the JB officially. Its time and its the right/ Legal thing to do, It's illegal to maintain the monopoly.

To those who support Apple's Exclusive stance on IOS and the Hardware, then do you support
    WalMart?
    Microsoft?

2 other companies that try to outsell and squash the competition

You can't have it both ways its either you support open markets or not.

Competition is good for all

thats why I support Apple products and Microsoft products
    but I hate both in the operating to control the market, market should be left free and open.

Oh, I shop at WalMart too....LOL

We need to continue to work on change not to bash, Apple needs correction not to be run out of business.
    Just as WalMart and M$.

We would not be better off without any of them, but it can be better.
    You need to learn what exactly exploits are and then you will understand why Apple has a duty to it's customers (roughly 85-90% don't jailbreak at all) to patch up the majority of these vulnerabilities without hesitation.

Thanks

JB is legal and our right! The warranty should not be "Voided" because of it. Its like saying the warranty of a PC hardware is null and void because Windows is being used with other programs or OSX is being used with other programs............ Hardware failure many times has nothing to due with software, if it does then they must be made to prove it before not honoring the warranty, its about control yet again.
    lol its not a "right." Its legal but it certainly isn't a "right" that must be protected like free speech or suffrage. That's hilarious.

Warranty is a completely separate issue. Basically the ruling could challenge the legality of Apple voiding warranties based on JB but go ahead and try. You'd spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on legal bills to get a warranty claim on $600 phone. You'd prolly win but it'd take years and lots of $$$. Makes no sense.

But Apple is under zero obligation to write software that allows for JB. If they want to update their BB or firmware, that's their prerogative and something you should consider before buying their product. If you don't like it, don't update or don't buy their product.

Be thankful Apple doesn't do OTA updates that require you to upgrade or lose functionality of your phone. Everyone wants their cake and to eat it too. Gotta have the iPhone but can't stand Apple taking away your JB so lets complain about how your inalienable "rights" are being violated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I am no developer and have never been, but my iphone 4 says it has SHSH saved for 4.2b3?? or this "pirate" thing applies to the actual firmware that only devs have? I kinda got lost for a second
    The ethical dispute Devs are having is over the 4.2b3 IPSW or actual iOS Firmware file. To use latest redsn0w 0.9.7b4 (currently Mac only beta 4) dubbed "Jailbreak Monte" you need SHSH blobs saved in Cydia for iOS 4.2b3 & the IPSW file saved to your desktop.

While this method is better than nothing, it does mean many people will find the 4.2b3 IPSW without a developer's account & make the icommunity look worse than we already do. Looks as though many will just have to deal with a tethered JB or wait for 4.3

Even though Geohot is an egotist & attention whore who leaves other devs to trouble shoot his bugs. He is by far the best at creating very easy to use & stable jailbreaks. It's truly amazing the work he gets done in literally days! & all by himself! I may not like his politics, but he knows what's up with iPhone hacking.
    Last edited by iphonetechtips; 01-04-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

In Apple's weird world JB is stealing profits from them
    That's not Apple's weird world, that is the reality of things. I'm not saying every jailbreaker pirates apps, or that even a majority do so, but the fact of the matter is that jailbreaking does enable the ability to pirate paid apps and thus effects Apple's bottom line.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    +1
    ++1

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Jailbreaking is just as easy and in most cases easier (blackra1n, jailbreakme etc.). Ease of use has nothing to do with "openness."

Only time rooting has anything to do with the carriers is if you want to delete the bloatware 99% of Android devices come preloaded with (carrier specific in most cases).
    BIG Time Bloated BS. GF just got the Droid (ShmoidX and it came with 101 unecessary apps that she didn't need.. like madden effn football?? really?!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

There is any easy solution to the pirated apps dilemma. Require Internet connection when installing and use challenge-response protocol for apps.

Furthermore, I have to play devils advocate regarding cracked apps and say there are legitimate reasons to have them. I have 1 cracked app only because I paid for the original license on my 3G but the developer isn't available any more. I wiped my 3G before I found out how to sync jailbroken apps and bought my 3GS. Legally I still own a license for one copy of the app and the developer isn't around any more so I downloaded the same version I had.

What would all of you have done?

Edit: I sold my 3G before buying my 3GS.

Also has anyone figured out how to look into the firmwares and determine what differences there are and of you can replace certain files with updated versions without actually updating firmwares so we can preserve our jailbreaks?
    Last edited by alexevo; 01-04-2011 at 01:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't understand why he would wait for a firmware that has no proof of existence. This "4.3" may not even come out. Comex should just release the untethered jailbreak now and then find a new exploit if "4.3" actually comes out which doesn't seem soon. I bet geohot would have figured out and released an untethered jailbreak already. He may already have an untethered jailbreak but at least he's saving it for a new device not a stupid firmware which may not even exist!

Thanks

Whats hilarious is that if its legal then you have a "Right" per law to use or proceed with that behavior. Hence I have a legal "right" to JB or its allowed by law, jeesh some people will belittle and argue at every point huh?
    Wrong. Just because something is legal doesn't mean its a right that must be protected, especially considering you have a choice as to which handset you use. Don't like the way Apple updates their firmware? Get a different phone. No one is forcing you to a) own an iPhone and b) update the firmware.

Owning a house is legal but that doesn't mean you're given a house just because you're legally allowed to own it. Same thing with JB. Just because you can legally JB, doesn't mean Apple has to give it to you. There are dozens of similar examples.

Bottom line is, you're allowed to JB and can do so. Be happy that its available at all. Apple isn't gonna change their mind all of sudden on JB and allow it. You're not gonna win fighting in court either (unless you've got gobs of money). So look at the glass as half-full and backup your blobs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

Vansmack (01-04-2011)

Thanks

With absolutely ALL DUE RESPECT to the Dev team , I hate when they hold their JBs to the next iOS release. While I understand the thought process, essentially you’re just making the community wait and wait, then when the new iOS comes out we have to wait and wait some more. It’s like an endless loop. We hear “going to hold out till the next iOS release,” yet I have yet to see a JB come out a day or two after that release…

Banned
    Thanks

U want to get at the dev team? Go on strike, that's right everyone stop jailbreaking, that'll show them. When they see all their profits...oh wait, they dont charge for jb? Oh I feel dumb, I guess it's up to them and I have to live with it or figure it out myself. Or maybe direct my voice to the team that is charging, Apple. Maybe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spideyrules View Post
    With absolutely ALL DUE RESPECT to the Dev team , I hate when they hold their JBs to the next iOS release. While I understand the thought process, essentially you’re just making the community wait and wait, then when the new iOS comes out we have to wait and wait some more. It’s like an endless loop. We hear “going to hold out till the next iOS release,” yet I have yet to see a JB come out a day or two after that release…
    Umm, iOS 4.2.1 was released on November 22 and the dev team released Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 on November 23 to allow a tethered jailbreak of 4.2.1 (and untethered for old bootrom devices).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

chrisangel13 (01-04-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    The amount of drama in the jailbreak scene seems match that of a MTV reality show.
    That is the fun part. Their isn't any drama in the jailbreak community but they sure LOVE making Apply think there is! All this back and forth with the devteam/comex/ihatesn0w is just that a hoax that is to make Apple believe otherwise... Trust that we know that!
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Thanks

obviously there isn't an unlimited amount of ways to jailbreak an idevice, otherwise we wouldn't have to wait for the dev team or geohot to find such a method, therefore would you rather waste a valuable exploit on 4.2.1 knowing that it will be patched by Apple in the next firmware AND also knowing that 4.3 is just around the corner, or could you stop whining for one second and be patient because as I imagine finding these exploits is no easy task
    Last edited by chrisangel13; 01-04-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

I agree stop complaining but to be fair, there will always be another firmware around the corner. After 4.3 there will be 4.5, etc so do us wait for that one? heck if I didn't have to get a new phone I would still be on 4.1. I say give the user the option, if u can release an exploit for 4.2.1 go ahead and if apple closes it with 4.3 then it's the users option to upgrade or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

I'm still on 4.1 which runs smoother than smooth.. No worries on updating to 4.2 or 4.3... Doesn't do me any good. Everything runs just great on 4.1.. And all apple is doin is releasing updates to patch jailbreak holes. Ridiculous, thought after the last time that the iPhone was now pwned for life until they change the hardware!

I'm still wondering why an unlock for iPhone 4 for 2.10.04 hasn't been released???
    My latest theme - -

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

4.3 will not be out untill next version iphone, next iphone will have different chip

Thanks
    Thanked 15,020 Times in 6,926 Posts

next version iPhone will more than likely ship with 5.0 I would think.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My 2 cents ,when i was young hackers were hackers and did not care about politics all that much surrounding the scenes also they kept their identity quiet and secret,things that needed to get done got done quickly and efficiently ,now we beta test for weeks jailbreaks which really dont do anything for us besides crippling our phones ,what is it worth to have a phone without bluetooth where most apps wont work and where the battery of your phone drains due to jailbreak so much you need a battery pack on your back,well i dont know ,in any case my belief is if they were capable to jailbreak 4.2.1 it would be out ,now they just cant (the right way anyway,a tethered jailbreak is pointless and their monte solution is just stupid,going through all this work to get a crippled phone )all the dev team is good at lately is to have musclenerd flap his gums pretending they can and also to pretend that they have such a good one in stock for the future ,woohoooooooooo big f*()_) deal.bunch of "hackers" affraid of breaking the law, you should call yourself programmers with skills not hackers .just go rogue ,underground, stop running after fame and future jobs based on your jailbreak exploits and just do it if you really capable to keep up instead of wasting your time and ours with poinless twitter chitchat,going against one another ....boohoo this one revealed shatter,boohoo this one said my moma was fat ,boohoo let me show you my guns (referring to p0sixninja on twitter from chronic when he was saying he;s going to war with musclenerd ,you know the chronic dev team the most pointless team around for sure)boooooooooooooooo the **** whooooooooooooo either pullout a jailbreak or get quiet like Geohot ,at least he doesnt ******** anymore and from time to time as usual he comes back to the scene with something worthed he made himself ,not like the dev team which uses his vulnerability to try to make something work.as per COmex how difficult is it to give a clear answer ,everyone wants to know if the 4.2.1 solution offered by you and supposed to go out by xmas will come out before the iphone 10 just say it yes or no how difficult can this be ?
    Last edited by hackfiles; 01-05-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hackfiles View Post
    My 2 cents ,when i was young hackers were hackers and did not care about politics all that much surrounding the scenes also they kept their identity quiet and secret,things that needed to get done got done quickly and efficiently ,now we beta test for weeks jailbreaks which really dont do anything for us besides crippling our phones ,what is it worth to have a phone without bluetooth where most apps wont work and where the battery of your phone drains due to jailbreak so much you need a battery pack on your back,well i dont know ,in any case my belief is if they were capable to jailbreak 4.2.1 it would be out ,now they just cant (the right way anyway,a tethered jailbreak is pointless and their monte solution is just stupid,going through all this work to get a crippled phone )all the dev team is good at lately is to have musclenerd flap his gums pretending they can and also to pretend that they have such a good one in stock for the future ,woohoooooooooo big f*()_) deal.bunch of "hackers" affraid of breaking the law, you should call yourself programmers with skills not hackers .just go rogue ,underground, stop running after fame and future jobs based on your jailbreak exploits and just do it if you really capable to keep up instead of wasting your time and ours with poinless twitter chitchat,going against one another ....boohoo this one revealed shatter,boohoo this one said my moma was fat ,boohoo let me show you my guns (referring to p0sixninja on twitter from chronic when he was saying he;s going to war with musclenerd ,you know the chronic dev team the most pointless team around for sure)boooooooooooooooo the **** whooooooooooooo either pullout a jailbreak or get quiet like Geohot ,at least he doesnt ******** anymore and from time to time as usual he comes back to the scene with something worthed he made himself ,not like the dev team which uses his vulnerability to try to make something work.as per COmex how difficult is it to give a clear answer ,everyone wants to know if the 4.2.1 solution offered by you and supposed to go out by xmas will come out before the iphone 10 just say it yes or no how difficult can this be ?
    Ignoramus.