+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: @comex To Wait Until 4.3 For Untether?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
RubyRa1n will release before comex's JB. And thats saying a lot.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

RubyRa1n will release before comex's JB.
    And thats saying a lot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    That is the dumbest thing i've ever read. "Rooting" is for installing Roms (firmware) that was not intended to run on the device. No Android user ever had to "root" their phone to use a wallpaper, or change an sms tone. Compared to iOS, Android is "OPEN".
    You don't have to JB to change SMS tones or wallpaper on iOS either. Keep the fail coming.

If a platform were truly open, you'd be allowed to install whatever you wanted to as far as ROMs go. The fact that most Droid users (myself included) need root for the ROMs they want, speaks volumes about how "open" Android is. I'll give you that its more open than iOS but its certainly not this glorious open platform it was hailed to be or that the nutswinging fanboys portray it as.

Again, I think Android is a good OS for sure. Beats BB or Symbian or webOS easily. But as far as UI goes, its clearly not on the same tier as iOS. And we haven't even broached fragmentation yet. Google's minions can spin fragmentation all they want but its clearly still a major issue (see 2.1 on flagship galaxy S phones while 2.3 is now out for Nexus users).

Quote Originally Posted by HPGUY View Post
    I have iphone 4 at 4.1 (8b117)What should I use to JB? Can I JB? Or should I update and wait for 4.3 JB that's been talked about maybe coming out in a while?

Thanks
    Limera1n
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 01-03-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks

"Good things come to those who wait"

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    That is the dumbest thing i've ever read. "Rooting" is for installing Roms (firmware) that was not intended to run on the device. No Android user ever had to "root" their phone to use a wallpaper, or change an sms tone. Compared to iOS, Android is "OPEN".
    Really?!!!? Your post is a fail with regards to accuracy on both the Android and IOS. It's obvious Apple and you don't get along so to relieve some stress in your life stop trolling iPhone sites to post hate that sounds like polititions arguing on the publics behalf with no clue on the topic. People come here for news and help. Posting false facts because of sheer hate can and will confuse people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    "Good things come to those who wait"
    "because she laid me"
    -blink 182
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have a droid device, and feel it's superior.... PLEASE keep those thoughts in the appropriate forums. Most people here don't own one, and that's not what everyone here is looking to read about.
    On another note. Comex has done WAYYYYYY TOOOO MUCH for the iOS community for anyone to complain about. Even if it's simply just the timing of release. And the last thing he should do is give an ETA, just for Geohotz to release prior.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I am no developer and have never been, but my iphone 4 says it has SHSH saved for 4.2b3?? or this "pirate" thing applies to the actual firmware that only devs have? I kinda got lost for a second
    Mine says that too! Weird...

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GellBrake'rrrr View Post
    If you have a droid device, and feel it's superior.... PLEASE keep those thoughts in the appropriate forums. Most people here don't own one, and that's not what everyone here is looking to read about.
    On another note. Comex has done WAYYYYYY TOOOO MUCH for the iOS community for anyone to complain about. Even if it's simply just the timing of release. And the last thing he should do is give an ETA, just for Geohotz to release prior.
    +1

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

4.2.1 don't have much to offer for those coming from 4.1 jbed like me. Best to wait until 4.3...

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    The dumbest thing I ever read was "Is the wind caused by the movement of tree branches? Every time the branches move the wind blows.".
    Lol! Funny shiz!

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    I thought the dev team was different than geohot, but this game they play with these cutesy, enigmatic answers to direct questions is disgusting. They are a bunch of self centered, ego driven a$$holes.
    They're also working hard on JB's that'll make your device a ton better than it is...for free. So there's no reason to say bad things about them

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    I have the Nexus S and it pales in comparison to the iP4. Its definitely a nice phone but its still no close to Apple's best. And if Android is so "open," why do you have have to root to install said ROMs? I love hear the fanboiz parroting the "open" crap yet have no idea what they're talking about.
    Completely agree. The Nexus S is a nice phone, but it doesn't come close to iPhone 4!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 01-04-2011 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Fingers crossed for IOS 5.XX jailbreak :P :P :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

GeoHot will save the day on 4.2.1...@comex will save the day later...

Geohot Got Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak, Another Surprise?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    GeoHot will save the day on 4.2.1...@comex will save the day later...

Geohot Got Untethered iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak, Another Surprise?
    Like GeoGot said... why hold what you have when it won't work o nthe next one. Its amazing how that kid can take an iphone and in two days crack it. These so called Dev Team with their multitude of degrees which they claim GeoHot has none does better everytime.

At this point I say GeoHot is the best iPhone Dev. He does it alone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ThinkTank For This Useful Post:

psp257 (01-04-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

There is too much that can be read into his response. It must suck to have the weight of the world on your shoulders.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (01-04-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Comex should just wait for 4.3 as the rumors are its not too far off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    I think Comex should just wait for 4.3 as the rumors are its not too far off.
    I have yet to hear any whisper of 4.3. What rumors do you speak of?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jdm.accord For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (01-04-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

4.3 was said to be rumored alongside the release of that daily news subscription from NewsCorp and it would integrate app subscriptions. That was rumored way back in Novemeber though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's because you have a 3Gs, if it has the old bootrom you can update now and it will be unteathered. Only new 3Gs and iPhone 4's, iPod4 and iPad with the new bootrom are teathered, google to find out how to determine what bootrom you have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    4.3 was said to be rumored alongside the release of that daily news subscription from NewsCorp and it would integrate app subscriptions. That was rumored way back in Novemeber though.
    Yeah but since that didn't happen, I hadn't heard anything about any update aside from the alarm issue. That clearly wouldn't be worthy of 4.3 in and of itself and since Apple claims that fix is immanent, that won't be 4.3.

With beta releases of the firmware usually weeks ahead of the official release, it doesn't look like we'll be seeing 4.3 this month or next. So depending on when Comex's JB is ready should determine when he releases it (which IMO is exactly what he was saying in that tweet). If the JB isn't ready till the betas are being released than it make much more sense to wait.

Way too early to start criticizing him for releasing/not releasing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Man, I'm so glad I didn't update to 4.2.1.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast