+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: @comex To Wait Until 4.3 For Untether?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by dlingm I got replacement Iphone4 last week due to water damage, this one came with 4.2.1 firmware. I did tethered jailbreak to test the beta but after
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlingm View Post
    I got replacement Iphone4 last week due to water damage, this one came with 4.2.1 firmware. I did tethered jailbreak to test the beta but after running tiny umbrella only shows I have 4.2.1 saved and as I understand to test the beta need to have 4.2b3 SHSH blobs, I read somewhere apple stopped signing it, is this true? if so is there a way around to get 4.2b3 shsh blobs?
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: No.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

drama drama drama for all we know if there is a 4.3 FW who knows if @comex's JB will continue to work, maybe it will or won't? Why wait tho? at least we could enjoy a untethered JB for 4.2.1. No telling when and if Apple is going to put 4.3 out and maybe comex's JB will be compatible and work with 4.3 no problem. Or if it doesn't work at least we have a working untethered JB while dev-crew works on one for 4.3.

Thanks

Might as well wait for 4.3.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this spell the end of jailbreaks as we know it? Will the devs wait for the next Apple release, then again for the next? Will all the unlockers be forced to sign up with the ever-evil AT&T? Stay tuned to find out in the exciting conclusion of, As The Apple Turns, due out next week, um, yeah, next week-ish sounds good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

Co1d Night (01-10-2011)

Thanks
    The waiting game is killing me .. arrggghhhh..
    Nevertheless, really appreciate the efforts..

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

He never said he was waiting for 4.3.... He seemed to imply that if they release 4.3 anytime soon (which I highly doubt), then it would be released around that time. In other words..... He won't be releasing the jailbreak Within a week or so like some may have thought with the initial /Christmas/ release date.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 01-03-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What you see today, with all the apps, utilities, jb methods, and unlocks evolved over several years. We've got it good!!!! When this first started in the 1.0+ days, everything was done manually.

The dev-team (and many others) have made this look e.a.s.y !! The real process is far more complicated that most know. 99.9999% of the jb'ers and unlockers have no idea.

Again I say, direct your anger to the real villain --- Apple!! The evil empire wants total control. We are lucky to have really smart individuals that love the iPhone and give us freedom for free !!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Jcbzr (01-05-2011), psp257 (01-04-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Again I say, direct your anger to the real villain --- Apple!! The evil empire wants total control. We are lucky to have really smart individuals that love the iPhone and give us freedom for free !!!
    That made me lawl. I imagined you yelling this as two security officers dragged you out of Apple headquarters.

EDIT: I don't mean that as a jerk statement, and I don't mean to devalue the intention of your message.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    That made me lawl. I imagined you yelling this as two security officers dragged you out of Apple headquarters....
    That would really make my day (in a good way) !!

My first stop: NBC Nightly News

Thanks

Thats okay, I think I'll be going to the nexus s in a few weeks anyways.. I'll still have the 4g iPod for when I miss ios.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got the solution, we all write Apple complaining about bugs in the 4.2.1 firmware, after so many complaints they'll HAVE to push out 4.3 and we'll get our JB! Ingenious!

Thanks

Like I said in another thread, Apple is winning this game. The jailbreaks are taking longer and the unlocks are almost non-existant at this point. This is just further proof Apple stepped up their game. There has been no hint of 4.3 and yet the Devs wanna save this JB for it.

I admire, appreciate and respect what the Devs are doing but they're clearly fighting a losing battle.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I thought the dev team was different than geohot, but this game they play with these cutesy, enigmatic answers to direct questions is disgusting. They are a bunch of self centered, ego driven a$$holes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not the Dev's soley... Thank the writers for constantly posting this type of news... This was posted on several sites as well...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

WOW you guys are all spoiled, for the most part.
    A. he DIDN'T say he WILL be waiting for 4.3
    B. Its been the holidays.
    C. Did everybody forget about the battle we had during the 3.1 events last year? 3.1 was locked for months upon months, then 3.1.2 with the tethered devices. Users with new devices that purchased after october had to wait until april for a untethered jailbreak. Then the battle for the 2.2.1 unlock the year before that, etc. This 'cat and mouse' game has been going on forever, considering jailbreaking is considered legal now, we are far from losing.
    D. Obviously waiting for 4.3 if it is close, would be the smarter bet. If comex finally gets everything ready for the jailbreak, and apple releases 4.3 beta, and the jailbreak still worked, of course waiting would be best for the entire community.

If you plan on, or require a jailbreak, do your research BEFORE hand, don't just complain about a donation free (dev team does not accept donations) company not being able to keep up with one of the biggest companies of todays world. It's ignorant to even expect a fully functioning jailbreak immediately.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 01-03-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (01-04-2011), Snozberries (01-04-2011), spazturtle (01-04-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    Thats okay, I think I'll be going to the nexus s in a few weeks anyways.. I'll still have the 4g iPod for when I miss ios.
    I'm already thinking of getting a android phone, at least Google doesn't care if you change roms, its all open except for what the carriers add to it. Only thing right now that's stopping me is that CES is here and see whats coming to the market soon

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Like I said in another thread, Apple is winning this game. The jailbreaks are taking longer and the unlocks are almost non-existant at this point. This is just further proof Apple stepped up their game. There has been no hint of 4.3 and yet the Devs wanna save this JB for it.

I admire, appreciate and respect what the Devs are doing but they're clearly fighting a losing battle.
    Sad, but apparently true. Hopefully comex has a trick up his sleeve, but I'm starting to doubt it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

just use 4.1.... isn't 4.2.1 supposed to be buggy anyways?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I'm already thinking of getting a android phone, at least Google doesn't care if you change roms, its all open except for what the carriers add to it. Only thing right now that's stopping me is that CES is here and see whats coming to the market soon
    I have the Nexus S and it pales in comparison to the iP4. Its definitely a nice phone but its still no close to Apple's best. And if Android is so "open," why do you have have to root to install said ROMs? I love hear the fanboiz parroting the "open" crap yet have no idea what they're talking about.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    just use 4.1.... isn't 4.2.1 supposed to be buggy anyways?
    For the schmucks such as myself who showed up to the party late and updated to 4.2.1 before they knew what SHSH blobs were... That isn't possible.