+ Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: @comex To Wait Until 4.3 For Untether?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Does this mean unlock has to wait too...? Urghhh
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does this mean unlock has to wait too...? Urghhh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Use tiny umbrella: The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

See what SHSH it saves for your iPhone
    Ok, will do. Question, if TinyUmbrella comes back with the same SHSHs that are currently on Cydia, am I screwed for a possible untethered JB on 4.2?

If so, no big deal. I am fine with my current phone the way it is. I really want to upgrade my iPad so I can print easily.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,873 Times in 2,212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Ok, will do. Question, if TinyUmbrella comes back with the same SHSHs that are currently on Cydia, am I screwed for a possible untethered JB on 4.2?

If so, no big deal. I am fine with my current phone the way it is. I really want to upgrade my iPad so I can print easily.
    Sad to say but yes.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 15,189 Times in 6,972 Posts

This method used should work with 4.1 SHSH too, it just need to be incorporated into redsnow to use that instead.

Thanks

At this point it seems like a good idea to me.
    this is assuming that there is a 4.3, there have been no betas and the only talkes I've heard of was months ago when MMi reported that it was coming in december, and that didn't happen. What even is there to add in 4.3?
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nielsenius View Post
    The jailbreak devs really need to stop playing this game. It's understandable that you wouldn't want to release a JB right before a new firmware release, but we don't even know when 4.3 is coming. Apple has been known to play this by delaying releases or immediately releasing updates to a major release. The cat and mouse game needs to end.
    It will never end. There's too much money to be made or lost.

My advice to @comex - don't release it until there's a significant update so that we all can update and jailbreak immediately.

The only people that will be left out are new iPhone purchasers, which is probably far and few between this time of year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    this is assuming that there is a 4.3, there have been no betas and the only talkes I've heard of was months ago when MMi reported that it was coming in december, and that didn't happen. What even is there to add in 4.3?
    Maybe 4.2.2, who knows, except for Apple of course

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The amount of drama in the jailbreak scene seems match that of a MTV reality show.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

The jailbreak devs really need to stop playing this game. It's understandable that you wouldn't want to release a JB right before a new firmware release, but we don't even know when 4.3 is coming. Apple has been known to play this by delaying releases or immediately releasing updates to a major release. The cat and mouse game needs to end.
    it needs to end but t never will. there maybe a possibility @comex knows something we dont, or its just taking longer than he though and by now he just thinking of waiting. Its just what needs to be done to save time
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How noble...

... ............ .... ... ................... ........

In my country, we don't have Apple. So, having apple product is ... - already illegal?!? :-)))) well, it might be, because you have to change system files if you want to use- iPhone.
    If I plan to use iPhone in my country, I need to modify system and I really must "THINK DIFFERENT" - so, if I think like everybody, downloading 4.2b3 is illegal(?) but if I think different, UPLOADING for public use is illegal!

I find that "illegal" file on any corner, torrent, megaupload, rapidshare... just name it...
    ... so the point is, blame those uploaders (if you have to really). Do not try to find some moral background in accusing people who can (might) "find stuff" and accusing them in advance :-))) I respect DEVs work but, sometime - some things really sounds lame... "it's going to tempt those people to pirate 4.2b3" ...

Lets kill all junkies and spare dealers! That way is not logical.

Devs are saving exploits and that is all story.

Best regards

))
    unix

Thanks

I believe the holidays slowed @comex down. The guy has to have a life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    Sad to say but yes.
    This method used should work with 4.1 SHSH too, it just need to be incorporated into redsnow to use that instead.
    Which one is true? LOL!! Again, it appears my phone is SHSH'ed up to 4.1 and my pad is up to 4.2B3, which for me the pad is more important than the phone at this point. 4.2 does not offer anything blockbuster that 4.1 does not, minus printing but I would never print from my phone.

EDIT: Just ran TinyUmberlla, and I do have 4.2B3 saved so I'm good. But, still an interesting question for the masses.
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 01-03-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks

Procrastinating \o

Pft, haven't even heard of 4.3 yet we will have to wait some more? Lmao, this is truly great /sarcasm

Anyone think that I could just give George like $20 and he'll hop on the ball and gimme quick untethered ye?

Banned
    Thanks

See, responses like this one are exactly why MMi Staff Writers need to stop propagating crap "stories" with sensationalist headlines.

I don't see Comex saying that he is waiting for 4.3. What I do see is a response that is exactly what the requester asked for, "a short and direct answer". If Comex were to have elaborated on his response, it would probably have been something like "I'm aiming for 4.2.1, but if Apple happens to release 4.3 before I finish the untether, then I suppose it would make more sense to release an untether for 4.3 instead of 4.2.1."

This "story" is just crap copied from one iPhone "news" site to another. There is nothing to see here, please move along.

Thanks

Which one is true? LOL!! Again, it appears my phone is SHSH'ed up to 4.1 and my pad is up to 4.2B3, which for me the pad is more important than the phone at this point. 4.2 does not offer anything blockbuster that 4.1 does not, minus printing but I would never print from my phone.

EDIT: Just ran TinyUmberlla, and I do have 4.2B3 saved so I'm good. But, still an interesting question for the masses.
    You should have got 4.2 SHSH though right? The same method redsnow uses to untether using the 4.2b3 SHSH can be used with 4.1 SHSH. The dev team just hasnt instituted that yet since it is just a beta.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't care 4.2.1 is already jailbreakable, have they forgotten about the iPhone 4 unlock?
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Thanks

How about we wait till 10.0? Bcos apple always has one waiting to go.

Thanks

You should have got 4.2 SHSH though right? The same method redsnow uses to untether using the 4.2b3 SHSH can be used with 4.1 SHSH. The dev team just hasnt instituted that yet since it is just a beta.
    It did. I'm good. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got replacement Iphone4 last week due to water damage, this one came with 4.2.1 firmware. I did tethered jailbreak to test the beta but after running tiny umbrella only shows I have 4.2.1 saved and as I understand to test the beta need to have 4.2b3 SHSH blobs, I read somewhere apple stopped signing it, is this true? if so is there a way around to get 4.2b3 shsh blobs?

Banned
    Thanks

At this point it seems like a good idea to me.
    Agreed. It wont be long.

Does this mean when 4.3 is out a untethered jb will be avaliable immediately?