+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "One-Click" Tethered JB With redsn0w 0.9.6rc7

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I actually asked for MuscleNerd to do this. I'm very glad he did, but a single click is still required, which is stupid. Let me jailbreak from the commandline with
    Thanks

I actually asked for MuscleNerd to do this. I'm very glad he did, but a single click is still required, which is stupid. Let me jailbreak from the commandline with NO clicks, please

I wanted to use this in a toolkit I've created that automatically fixes phones that are stuck at the Apple boot logo due to a crashed MobileSubstrate plugin, but now it still requires a stupid click to boot the phone.

C'mon MuscleNerd, add a zero-click cmdline param.
    Anybody want a 32GB Mint Condition Black JB Unlocked 3GS? PM me with offers.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    does anyone else have issues with the browser and cydia not working with this jailbreak?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,848 Times in 6,895 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mann22 View Post
    does anyone else have issues with the browser and cydia not working with this jailbreak?
    You are booting tethered if you have a new bootrom device right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I think you are the only person I know that has to turn the phone off... in your case, untethered is a must. for 99% is not so important, as mentioned above, people hardly turn the device off, so in those cases, run Redsn0w once in a blue moon is not so bad.

you are not too "stuck" in 4.1 anyways, my wife phone is in 4.1 and has no difference with mines being on 4.2.1, so do not update, not worth losing the ability to reboot any time like u need
    I need to reboot sometimes. Since I use my phone on the road to contact my customers, and I have other apps running, google maps will get messed up and not give me a correct listing on how to get to a particular location. Then I reboot and that fixes the problem. I've also had the phone lock up and then a reboot fixes the problem. I use my phone up to 50 times a day contacting people. So I need to be able to reboot without losing my jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    I need to reboot sometimes. Since I use my phone on the road to contact my customers, and I have other apps running, google maps will get messed up and not give me a correct listing on how to get to a particular location. Then I reboot and that fixes the problem. I've also had the phone lock up and then a reboot fixes the problem. I use my phone up to 50 times a day contacting people. So I need to be able to reboot without losing my jailbreak.
    Have you tried just a respiring instead? Much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuwan Eshwara View Post
    Hi
    I have a problem. I have done exactly as you have advised here. by clicking the file for iPhone 4 file from the download it open up the redsnow but with an error message saying "unable to recognize ipsw: C:/iPhone1,2_4.2.1_C148_Restore.ipsw"
    the reason i think is that my file name mine is "iPhone3,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore" should i rename the restore file
    to yours or how could i change your file to the correct restore file name? Appreciate your help
    Many thanks
    I haven't looked into the files, but just right click the bat file am
    Nd pick edit. From there you should see how it works and be able to edit the filename. Be sure to save it back to a bat file.
    Last edited by Crafty42; 01-05-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

facetime is not working on my 4.2.1 after a jailbroke :S

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank u for this news

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123