Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Approves Controversial Joint-Making App

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple Approves Controversial Joint-Making App

Here's something few had seen coming. Apple has apparently - and surprisingly - given the green light to "Roll Your Own," a free application that delivers a fairly comprehensive selection of tips, pictures, and even video tutorials designed to help users "master the art" of rolling, packing, and "crutches." Yes, it's an app that Cheech and Chong would be proud of.

While the app is still available for download via iTunes, there's a tangible sense that it won't be for much longer. Even though Apple has signed off on its inclusion in the App Store (though its only available for download by users over 17 years of age), there's a strong possibility that one of the individuals pictured in the app's advertising materials will object to his likeness being used. As illustrated in the image above, California Governor, actor, and former joint-enthusiast Arnold Schwarzenegger is pictured in the app's official promotional material.

Because of "frequent/intense alcohol, tobacco, or drug use or references," the app is clearly flagged by Apple for usage among mature audiences. Still, Apple's inconsistently stringent approval policies are once again on full display. Some, understandably, are "outraged" by the app's inclusion. Others, of course, are celebrating Apple's decision and hope it won't be revoked any time soon. But time will only tell which group will ultimately have their way. For now, at least, "Roll Your Own" isn't going up in smoke.

Huffington Post

Got it. Love it. Though I don't need this since rolling my own *tobacco* cigars is not quite as difficult

But it's definitely going to be fun when I get to tell everyone there's an app for that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to theomer For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (01-04-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theomer View Post
    But it's definitely going to be fun when I get to tell everyone there's an app for that.
    Absolutely..LOL

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Nothing wrong with an app showing how to roll your own tobacco cigarettes, and I'd assume there is no reference to illegal substances.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is B.S. !!! we all know it is intended to roll joints and this is ridiculous.. I am so against this crap, weed is illegal (in most places) so should this app. I can't believe this was approved

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    This is B.S. !!! we all know it is intended to roll joints and this is ridiculous.. I am so against this crap, weed is illegal (in most places) so should this app. I can't believe this was approved
    Haha.
    Why isn't smoking IN GENERAL illegal?
    It has the same AND MORE bad effects.
    Grow up, 14yo.

(Oh, I'm Dutch)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffhuys For This Useful Post:

irishj (01-03-2011), M3mph1s (01-09-2011), Snozberries (01-03-2011)

Thanks essany this is a great article and finally had me cracking a smile for you not at you. I would have seen it soon had I not been using the app. As for dq13 chill out it's not illegal in California just pay off the right person and you can have the meds any time you need it. Also remember apple is California based, think about it.
    Last edited by viperstarpoint9; 01-03-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention Apple is CA based.

It's for educational purposes =D

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Most people can't afford to buy their cigs these days so they have to roll their own. However if we are talking about weed is legal in Michigan as long as its medical.

I found other apps in itunes about weed. So if people are going to freak about weed apps looks like some of these other apps have been there before this one!

STRAINS Pro for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Cannabis News Pro for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

as an arthritis sufferer who has LEGAL access to cannabis I have to say you can simply express your opinion but don't expect anyone other than tight *** stooges to even care about it. I know people who have access to cannabis who have no clue how to properly roll a joint and an app like this is exemplary in teaching them how to do it properly. I've known how for more than 30 years but there are some who don't. How about you just mind your own business and let the people who need the help get it?

Um... Gates and Jobs both were hash smoking hippies, nerds but hippies so of course they would let this fly.
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I do mind my own business and if you need for medical purposes, then you will be thought how to use it when prescribed... there is no need for an app to teach a 17 y/o how to roll weed. I am grown up, I am not 14, and I am against drugs... this is my opinion and it won't change just because you like the app. I never attacked any body, I just expressed my opinion towards this app, not towards drug addicts being happy that this was aproved

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wirehedd View Post
    as an arthritis sufferer who has LEGAL access to cannabis I have to say you can simply express your opinion but don't expect anyone other than tight *** stooges to even care about it. I know people who have access to cannabis who have no clue how to properly roll a joint and an app like this is exemplary in teaching them how to do it properly. I've known how for more than 30 years but there are some who don't. How about you just mind your own business and let the people who need the help get it?
    You tell him
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Dq13 are you also against iPint? Or any other apps that glorify alcohol and tobacco aswell then? You do realise alcohol is one of the most damaging drugs but people use it freely and most of the time without any discrimination from others. But If someone smokes a joint their a drug addict WTF?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Loxs For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (01-03-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Murder is also illegal. Should all the games where you shoot someone be taken down too.

There are tons of people who roll their own legal cigarettes because they can choose a variety of different blends and flavors of tobacco and it's cheaper. For a 17 year old who is gonna just take up smoking general cigarettes now he/she can roll their own. This app doesn't give you directions on how to buy weed.
    Go join a PTA or something...
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 01-03-2011 at 11:45 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

k.nitsua (01-03-2011)

I do mind my own business and if you need for medical purposes, then you will be thought how to use it when prescribed... there is no need for an app to teach a 17 y/o how to roll weed. I am grown up, I am not 14, and I am against drugs... this is my opinion and it won't change just because you like the app. I never attacked any body, I just expressed my opinion towards this app, not towards drug addicts being happy that this was aproved
    Technically if you look up specifics weed should technically not be considered a drug and if you researched weed more you would find out that why it became illegal in the first place (and I'll give you a hint, it was for money not for health reasons..)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

i think someone needs to pass the dutch to the left hand side... take a valium or some prozak. Or better yet, move to california ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Man I wish some of my buddies had this in high school. Maybe then it wouldn't of been so loosely packed that when you ashed the cherry fell out. Oh memories of days so long ago. Any one wanna pick up some zig zags and this app and I'll get the grass and we will see how good the techniques in this app are?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Snozberries's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Murder is also illegal. Should all the games where you shoot someone be taken down too.

There are tons of people who roll their own legal cigarettes because they can choose a variety of different blends and flavors of tobacco and it's cheaper. For a 17 year old who is gonna just take up smoking general cigarettes now he/she can roll their own. This app doesn't give you directions on how to buy weed.
    Go join a PTA or something...
    next DQ (dairy queen)lol will be pissed that the new iBort app will be approved. Just because it tells you where to get abortions, doesn't mean i'm gonna get one. hey let's bring back treason hangings on the white house lawn and prohibition too!! Don't crackheads that sell their body for drugs need this app?! it will revolutionize the way we 'weed' out the potential gene pool...
    "there's an app for that!"

Killing civilians with an AC-130 gunship is illegal, too, but there's an app for that.

Lighten up Francis...

Your display of ignorance is impressive. You're the most ignorant person I've met online so far this young 2011. Prescribed marijuana can be smoked or eaten. Hell you can mix it with alcohol if you like. You should actually learn some stuff on your own, and not regurgitate whatever it is you're learning at home.

You know what else? I'm currently nice toasted while posting this. Totally illegal - for sure - but only because ignorant ***** like you are in the majority - for now. Marijuana will be legal in your lifetime - bank on it.

Addicts, eh? Simply stunning...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 01-03-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

25. The Following User Says Thank You to EdmundGerber For This Useful Post:

billchase2 (01-03-2011)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast