Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Approves Controversial Joint-Making App

Haha, that's great. Look, there's HOW MANY apps showing people how to mix drinks? Alcohol is a drug and poisonous in very low quantities, and it kills thousands of people each year.

Weed, on the other hand, makes you watch cartoons and giggle. Which one would you rather your spouse did? Drink and drive, or get the munchies? This is a no-brainer. Relax people (you know who you are).

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    This is B.S. !!! we all know it is intended to roll joints and this is ridiculous.. I am so against this crap, weed is illegal (in most places) so should this app. I can't believe this was approved
    You want to make the app illegal? Really? Marijuana is legal in 15 states for medical purposes. California also just decriminalized it so it's the same as getting a parking ticket if you don't have a prescription. Besides, this could be used for tobacco (and is advertised as such).
    I do mind my own business and if you need for medical purposes, then you will be thought how to use it when prescribed... there is no need for an app to teach a 17 y/o how to roll weed. I am grown up, I am not 14, and I am against drugs... this is my opinion and it won't change just because you like the app. I never attacked any body, I just expressed my opinion towards this app, not towards drug addicts being happy that this was aproved
    If a 17 y/o wants to know how to "roll weed," there are plenty of ways they can do so. YouTube just gave me 5,220 hits for "how to roll a joint."

Also, "drug addicts"? Really? Marijuana is not physically addictive and you cannot overdose on it.

Please, just take a little bit of time to read up on this. Yes, there are harmful drugs out there. Marijuana is hardly one of them.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

The app is weak...don't waste your time with it... Don't know how to roll? Buy some papers and practice, don't waste your time and data to download this...lol...already deleted it...

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

This is B.S. !!! we all know it is intended to roll joints and this is ridiculous.. I am so against this crap, weed is illegal (in most places) so should this app. I can't believe this was approved
    Your being sarcastic... right?

The app is interesting, but requires in-app purchases to learn the more difficult styles of rolling.
    If your gonna use MJ, use it with a vaporizer to avoid the issues that come from burning a plant.
    All medical users should be eating it, or vaporizing it.

PS - the legal drug "alcohol" is a much more addicting and destructive drug than the safe herb marijuana. Fact.
    Last edited by luvmytj; 01-03-2011 at 03:27 PM.

feel it bro, everyonedoesit.com
    get use to it

There's nothing wrong with this app. It's properly rated and promotes an activity that is legal in many places
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Ok guys and gals.... everyone has their own thought about this app and what they think it stands for. Keep it that way. Its not nice to attack one person because they are totally against a app like this.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

I do mind my own business and if you need for medical purposes, then you will be thought how to use it when prescribed... there is no need for an app to teach a 17 y/o how to roll weed. I am grown up, I am not 14, and I am against drugs... this is my opinion and it won't change just because you like the app. I never attacked any body, I just expressed my opinion towards this app, not towards drug addicts being happy that this was aproved
    The fact that you generalize people who would approve of this as drug addicts shows not just a prejudice but severe lack of understanding of cannabis. The fact that it's less harmful than coffee, has NO physical addictive properties and has been a part of the evolution of the human species for tens of thousands of year are probably all FACTS you may be anaware of but, first and foremost, the ONLY reason cannabis is illegal is because it was a financial threat to the petrochemical and timber industries of the 30's and, parenthetically, was seen as a way to control, punish and imprison minorities who were seen as the primary users by the bigots and halfwits who pushed for it to criminalized are also facts you probably are not aware of.

Put your energies into something productive like outlawing DANGEROUS things like assault weapons in the hands of children and eliminating stupid republican mongoloids from government instead of a medicinally miraculous plant that could save millions of lives, enable tremendous environmental strategies to reduce pollution and reduce unnecessary deaths by addition to prescription pain pills and substances like meth which could all be reduced through legal cannabis treatments.

Factual understanding goes a lot farther than prejudice based in ignorance.

...and no, they don't teach anyone how to roll a joint when they get approval for medicinal use. They give the patient a card and an address where they can buy and that's about it. It's up to the patient to figure out everything else.
    Last edited by wirehedd; 01-03-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: missed an additional point

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I am going to say this politely as I can. It's ok to express your feelings or opinions about this app etc but please keep to the topic and don't point fingers! I will be more than glad to give out infractions if necessary!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

So the whole point of this app is to teach you how to roll a joint. That is pretty useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Honestly, if you do roll your own, you should already know how. What are friends for, right?

I am against drugs... this is my opinion and it won't change just because you like the app. I never attacked any body, I just expressed my opinion towards this app, not towards drug addicts being happy that this was aproved
    So anyone who's happy to see this app being approved is a drug addict?

How about you relax and not be so uptight and offended by this harmless app and I won't be offended by the 20,000 (approx) religious based apps also approved by Apple? Deal? Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmundGerber View Post
    Marijuana will be legal in your lifetime - bank on it.

Addicts, eh? Simply stunning...

Very well said... for a reefer addict
    Last edited by cranie; 01-03-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cranie For This Useful Post:

slayorktc (01-03-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha, nice Apple! Where as I think weed is Ok for medicinal, ciggies should be illegal! They're freakin nasty, they make you smell bad, they make your car smell bad, your breath smell bad, turn your teeth yellow and ugly, oh and they kill you!

Right on! OMMP here and I'm very happy with many of those comments above.. Right on brothers..

Quote Originally Posted by wirehedd View Post
    The fact that you generalize people who would approve of this as drug addicts shows not just a prejudice but severe lack of understanding of cannabis. The fact that it's less harmful than coffee, has NO physical addictive properties and has been a part of the evolution of the human species for tens of thousands of year are probably all FACTS you may be anaware of but, first and foremost, the ONLY reason cannabis is illegal is because it was a financial threat to the petrochemical and timber industries of the 30's and, parenthetically, was seen as a way to control, punish and imprison minorities who were seen as the primary users by the bigots and halfwits who pushed for it to criminalized are also facts you probably are not aware of.

Put your energies into something productive like outlawing DANGEROUS things like assault weapons in the hands of children and eliminating stupid republican mongoloids from government instead of a medicinally miraculous plant that could save millions of lives, enable tremendous environmental strategies to reduce pollution and reduce unnecessary deaths by addition to prescription pain pills and substances like meth which could all be reduced through legal cannabis treatments.

Factual understanding goes a lot farther than prejudice based in ignorance.

...and no, they don't teach anyone how to roll a joint when they get approval for medicinal use. They give the patient a card and an address where they can buy and that's about it. It's up to the patient to figure out everything else.
    Another reason it was made illegal was to make the spanish seam like criminals and harsh people thats why it got its spanish sounding name marijuana

Honestly this app is teaching a good lesson for those who need it, It is not just for weed you can use it for making your own ciggs too

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zim_from_IPH For This Useful Post:

javiert30 (01-04-2011), slayorktc (01-03-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Personally I find this app much more useful

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ins0mniac For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (01-04-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    Man I wish some of my buddies had this in high school. Maybe then it wouldn't of been so loosely packed that when you ashed the cherry fell out. Oh memories of days so long ago. Any one wanna pick up some zig zags and this app and I'll get the grass and we will see how good the techniques in this app are?
    So many classic tee shirts - so many burn holes...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to EdmundGerber For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (01-04-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Weed is illegal because nobody pay taxes for it, you think is illegal because its bad for your health? In some places it is legal so that means the app have nothing bad, they are teaching the people that smoke legal weed how to roll their joints, thats it. If you are smoking illegal weed cuz you are not paying taxes thats you, but If you want to learn how to roll it too, then here is the app.

Dont let the society control your life behind some things that they teach you since you are a child, analize and think, and then you control the society. Alcohol is bad too but why is legal? And you have accidents everywhere when people drive drunk, it have the some effects as drugs, but If you drink in your home you are safe. Got my point? Drugs are bad yes, and you can find them in a drugstore easy and some of them without prescriptions and the people buy them and who knows what they do with them, but they are legal, you read the instructions and use them, like this app, you read how to roll a joint and you do it. By the way I dont smoke weed cuz I dont like it thats it.
    Last edited by javiert30; 01-04-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

weed is illegal, not apps about weed...

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    Weed is illegal because nobody pay taxes for it, you think is illegal because its bad for your health? In some places it is legal so that means the app have nothing bad, they are teaching the people that smoke legal weed how to roll their joints, thats it. If you are smoking illegal weed cuz you are not paying taxes thats you, but If you want to learn how to roll it too, then here is the app.

Dont let the society control your life behind some things that they teach you since you are a child, analize and think, and then you control the society. Alcohol is bad too but why is legal? And you have accidents everywhere when people drive drunk, it have the some effects as drugs, but If you drink in your home you are safe. Got my point? Drugs are bad yes, and you can find them in a drugstore easy and some of them without prescriptions and the people buy them and who knows what they do with them, but they are legal, you read the instructions and use them, like this app, you read how to roll a joint and you do it. By the way I dont smoke weed cuz I dont like it thats it.
    I agree with most of what you're saying and in my opinion Alcohol and tobacco are just as bad as weed.
    Last edited by coolguy742; 01-04-2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: had more to say duh...

Thanks

Actually, medical studies have shown that while both tobacco and alcohol are responsible for innumerable deaths and disease, cannabis has never caused a single recorded death in history and has even been shown to minimally protect tobacco users from head and neck cancers which they are more susceptible to.

So it's nowhere near the other two and is in fact beneficial to the human condition.

Just as full disclosure, I'm a member of NORML and LEAP so this is an issue close to my heart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast