Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Wakes up To Serious Alarm Clock Issue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "whose lives were propelled into turmoil" -Great verbiage.

As for the "update" to fix the problem, I believe the problem actually fixes itself and therefore doesn't require an update. Whatever glitch is causing the problem only interferes for a few days.

Personally, I blame Obama and his screwing around with daylights savings time. I think he's just upset that congress wouldn't let him have an on/off switch for the internet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone huey85's Avatar
    Thanks

Question: If we weren't meant to the native Alarm Clock app, then why did Apple implement it as part of the software? How were we to know that it would be flawed before we started using it?

I use my $25 Samsung mobile as an alarm, and it works better (clock & alarm) compared to my 3Gs.

I have a regular (once-use) alarm as my snooze and a repeating for my "wake up" alarm that goes 10 mins later. 98% of the time, it works all the time!

Also, I don't understand why people complain about the tones the phone app makes - you can just sync M4R's using iTunes and use them for ringtones/alarm tunes.

We're aware of an issue related to non-repeating alarms set for January 1 or 2. Customers can set recurring alarms for those dates and all alarms will work properly beginning January 3.
    Mine didn't happen January 1st, it happened December 30th. Figure that one out.

Shows that Apple wouldn't have been ready for Y2k ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

I soley depend on my iphone as an alarm. It has never failed me in 2 years now. I keep it docked on my nightstand with Rise and shine app running as aclock. You do know that a regular alarm can fail also albeit rarely! Like poweroutage, battery drain etc. This minor glitch with the alarm setting is extremely rare!

Anyone dumb enough to rely on a single, mission-critical alarm deserves what they get.

Who else thinks this is an intentional conspiracy to thwart jailbreakers?

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I don't see why people just use a dedicated alarm clock instead of their iDevice. I would never use the alarm clock in my iPhone over my alarm clock I use everyday. My alarm clock never fails me.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi

On that topic.. My ipod dock alarm clock freezes some nights when I have the iphone in it.. Doesnt like the RF from the GSM radio, causes the alarm clock to frezee or reboot (serious!!)

So I normally set them both (or put my phone in airoplane mode)

Didn't test the alarm clock until this morning. Still doesn't go off. =O

i use the alarm and overslept this morning. fark!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

My dog is my alarm clock. 3AM on the dot. Without fail.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I set my alarm every night and this morning it definitely didn't go off at 7:10. I looked at it and it was 7:20 but when I reset it for 7:30 it went off just fine.

Fortunately, I'm used to getting up right at 7am. I guess I should stop relying on the iPhone alarm.

It's pretty useful because it is on one of those hollow tables so when it vibrates it is pretty loud, and I have the Pokemon Red/Blue wild Pokemon music playing as the alarm :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Didn't test the alarm clock until this morning. Still doesn't go off. =O
    I had this issue as well...was an hour late to work because of it. I know I shouldn't rely on just the phone as an alarm, but I've always done so in the past with no issues...no matter what phone I was using.

I don't use a regular alarm because I wouldn't want the buzzer (radio would NEVER wake me up) to wake up my kids if it were going off for too long. I'm out of my house long before they normally wake up.
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I don't see why people just use a dedicated alarm clock instead of their iDevice. I would never use the alarm clock in my iPhone over my alarm clock I use everyday. My alarm clock never fails me.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using
    ModMyi
    iPhone4 is expensive and people want the most use out there iPhone purchase so it should at least alarm properly.

I was wondering what the rasclot was going on this morning! I was 2hrs late because my alarm didn't go off.

Steve Jobs is trying to get me fired!!!!

missed flight here

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

However, if you have purchased the app Nightstand, the alarm function works fine. I have it and use it regularly as a non-recurring alarm.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast