Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bloomberg: Verizon iPhone by Valentine's Day

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Bloomberg: Verizon iPhone by Valentine's Day

Bloomberg broke the story on Wednesday evening that Apple will hold one of its grand media events "very soon" - likely on or before Valentine's Day 2011 - to announce a new partnership with Verizon. According to the report, Apple will use this occasion to reveal a new CDMA version of the popular Apple handset - one that is compatible with Verizon's network.

Customers are expected to stampede to the new pairing, leaving AT&T (T), until now the exclusive U.S. distributor of the iPhone, with an enormous problem.
    It is clear, however, that Apple will not be ending its relationship with AT&T. Instead, Apple will simply be ending its exclusive relationship with AT&T - an agreement that has been in place since the iPhone's 2007 debut. Bloomberg's coverage asserts that Apple's introduction of the Verizon iPhone will not take place at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week as initially thought. This information comes "a person familiar with Apple's plans who is not authorized to discuss them publicly."

While many prospective iPhone buyers and current owners are dubious about the carrier expansion, AT&T has not taken any chances during the past twelve months. Like at no time before in the carrier's history, AT&T has been rolling out one promotion after the next to convince subscribers to extend their contracts for another two years. And, for the most part, it's worked. "In part by easing the cost of upgrading to Apple's new iPhone 4," Bloomberg reports, "it enticed 15 million of its 23 million iPhone subscribers to sign new two-year contracts."

Bloomberg/Businessweek

Ending its exclusive relationship with AT&T...it's mean can be unlock...right?....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Uhhhh, and maybe along with the white iPhone?

So, based on the picture can I conclude that Verizon customers will be receiving the iPhone 3G running 2.x? I feel sorry for them.

But seriously, talk is cheap and this rumor needs to end.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nielsenius For This Useful Post:

MaxRabbit (01-01-2011), plcrules (12-29-2010), Snozberries (12-30-2010)

mod edit: unnecessary statement.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-29-2010 at 11:48 PM.
    Hmm...

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Mr. Essany you've been writing about iPhone and Verizon for quite some time now. You just might be right this time unlike with past rumors we've heard from you.

Bloomberg: Verizon iPhone by Valintine's day
    The rest of MMi: Shut up
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

I believe it when i see it.
    Not saying its not going to happen just alot of people have been waiting a while for it.
    And whats this 2 years now of rumors?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

It's gonna b a CDMA iPad!!
    -Mr. 318!!-

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thacarta1 For This Useful Post:

Snozberries (12-30-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

"It is clear, however, that Apple will not be ending its relationship with AT&T. Instead, Apple will simply be ending its exclusive relationship with AT&T - an agreement that has been in place since the iPhone's 2007 debut."

Apple is not going to stop selling the iPhone to AT&T. Anyone who thinks otherwise is straight up dumb.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-29-2010 at 11:50 PM. Reason: edit
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Channan For This Useful Post:

B34N (01-03-2011)

From the picture, it looks like Verizon is getting the iPhone 2g
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by thacarta1 View Post
    It's gonna b a CDMA iPad!!
    Greater chance of this happening sooner than iPhone.

mod edit: unnecessary comment.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-29-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: edit

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Bloomberg: Verizon iPhone by Valintine's day
    The rest of MMi: Shut up
    Hahahahha, I lawl'd.

Seriously, though... Bloomberg ain' no Gizmodo. This is by far the most credible source I've personally seen. IF and when it happens, I may go back to Verizon, depending on how the CDMA handles. If they get that 4G ish running, definitely. I dumped Verizon in July for the iPhone 4, and I kinda miss it.

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

No seriously everyone go to Verizon and I'll send you a Thank You for the extra bandwidth !!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to santacruzlocal For This Useful Post:

kuhndsn (12-29-2010), LSZ33 (12-30-2010), macfan406 (12-30-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    No seriously everyone go to Verizon and I'll send you a Thank You for the extra bandwidth !!!
    They'll all gonna run back once they figure out that they can't place calls and access data at the same time! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    They'll all gonna run back once they figure out that they can't place calls and access data at the same time! lol
    See, that's where my problem is. Is that a CDMA standard or can they make it so the band can do more than one task at a time? Because that was the biggest problem I had with my BlackBerry when I WAS on Verizon.

I remember a post saying that it'll be a while before we see a 4G iPhone.. I think when apple makes a 4G capable iPhone we'll see it on Verizon... From what I hear with LTE you should be able to make a call and access data at the same time. But eventually Att will surpass Verizon with 4G speeds because of the limits of CDMA technology.

Quote Originally Posted by mi1knc0okies View Post
    I remember a post saying that it'll be a while before we see a 4G iPhone.. I think when apple makes a 4G capable iPhone we'll see it on Verizon... From what I hear with LTE you should be able to make a call and access data at the same time. But eventually Att will surpass Verizon with 4G speeds because of the limits of CDMA technology.
    They will be the same once they both move to LTE. Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T will all be using LTE in the future. It will come down to who has the better plans.

As for the best nationwide coverage, they will all have the same coverage, since I'm sure there will be roaming agreements between the providers. In that sense, the customer wins.

Now if you're with Sprint, you're gonna be a**ed out since they are doing their own 4G/Wimax technology, won't be as big as the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by mi1knc0okies View Post
    I agree with this post, but what Verizon and T-Mobile are calling "4G" is really just 3.5G

24. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

skj8100 (12-30-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    I agree with this post, but what Verizon and T-Mobile are calling "4G" is really just 3.5G
    I've even read on wikipedia being it called 3.9G, but yeah, not quite 4G but it's getting there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast