+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bloomberg: Verizon iPhone by Valentine's Day

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If It seems true, then I'm right about Verizon getting an iPhone 3G, then that's what I figured. They would def not roll out with iPhone 4s. So Verizon gets
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Silverado87's Avatar
    Thanks

If It seems true, then I'm right about Verizon getting an iPhone 3G, then that's what I figured. They would def not roll out with iPhone 4s. So Verizon gets an old 3G Version then there still gonna suck. No ones gonna want it. There gonna try it out realize it's not worth the switch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    No seriously everyone go to Verizon and I'll send you a Thank You for the extra bandwidth !!!
    I agree! All the AT&T haters need to go to Verizon! My service in Dallas is good already and I look forward to everyone jumping ship so it gets even better, haha!

BTW, I've been on MMI for a while and still don't know why so many people hate Essany. What'd he do?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    They will be the same once they both move to LTE. Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T will all be using LTE in the future. It will come down to who has the better plans.

As for the best nationwide coverage, they will all have the same coverage, since I'm sure there will be roaming agreements between the providers. In that sense, the customer wins.

Now if you're with Sprint, you're gonna be a**ed out since they are doing their own 4G/Wimax technology, won't be as big as the other 3.
    Where have you heard that T-Mobile is going to LTE? I almost hope this happens just so the rumors stop and people quit talking about it. Until Sprint or T-Mobile get the iPhone I could really care less since AT&T and Verizon are the 2 most expensive carriers. Thank god for Android that's all I have to say.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    See, that's where my problem is. Is that a CDMA standard or can they make it so the band can do more than one task at a time? Because that was the biggest problem I had with my BlackBerry when I WAS on Verizon.
    That is the problem. Case in point why 98% of the EU is GSM. CDMA= no need to Unlock. Talk about carrier specific.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I agree! All the AT&T haters need to go to Verizon! My service in Dallas is good already and I look forward to everyone jumping ship so it gets even better, haha!

BTW, I've been on MMI for a while and still don't know why so many people hate Essany. What'd he do?

mod edit: blah

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Where have you heard that T-Mobile is going to LTE? I almost hope this happens just so the rumors stop and people quit talking about it. Until Sprint or T-Mobile get the iPhone I could really care less since AT&T and Verizon are the 2 most expensive carriers. Thank god for Android that's all I have to say.

here's a link to a quick google search.

DailyTech - T-Mobile Begins Prep For 4G LTE Network, Upgrades to HSPA+
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-29-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: blah

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmmanuelFuentes View Post
    Uhhhh, and maybe along with the white iPhone?
    You want a white iPhone? Buy a black one and put a solid white Otterbox defender case on it (Yes they do have one). Presto! Instant white iPhone for $50.

Moving on................

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    That is the problem. Case in point why 98% of the EU is GSM. CDMA= no need to Unlock. Talk about carrier specific.
    The normal practice to lock a CDMA phone is the 6 digit SPC. On Verizon, this is usually all 0's. Since the iPhone will no longer be exclusive, Apple may not bother with any sort of additional carrier locking functionality - but you never know.

It will probably be possible to get a CDMA iPhone onto Cricket, Page Plus (unless it's banned, and it probably will be) or MetroPCS. Sprint doesn't allow any BYOD, but it wouldn't surprise me if a CDMA iPhone finally makes them change their tune.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Get off messany back he reports the stuff people want to know just because it hasn't happened yet don't mean it won't. He isn't the only writer covering the verizon iPhone a lot of other outlets are writing about it. If u don't like it don't read the article.

I for one will be glad when people jump ship to verizon I want the extra bandwidth so I have lightening fast speeds. Also it will give AT&T more reason to crank out faster 3G and their version of 4G

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    You want a white iPhone? Buy a black one and put a solid white Otterbox defender case on it (Yes they do have one). Presto! Instant white iPhone for $50.

Moving on................
    Actually, it'll look more like the mutant offspring between an iPhone and a lifesaver. But umm, yeah, it will be white.

Thanks

I feel like the real story here is that 15 of the 23 million iPhone customers with AT&T have re-upped for another 2 year contract!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

If Verizon gets the iPhone and I wanted to change I sure would not be the first one to go to Verizon.... However I hope it does so there is more competition between companies.... then it might mean better deals for us as well!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm telling you, Verizon is such a better company than AT&T. Everything except the CDMA.

But... Even when this starts, AT&T has the experience of networking an iPhone. It will probably be very sluggish for Verizon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lombardo Joe View Post
    I'm telling you, Verizon is such a better company than AT&T. Everything except the CDMA.

But... Even when this starts, AT&T has the experience of networking an iPhone. It will probably be very sluggish for Verizon.

This is why I would not change over to Verizon right away....

Thanks

I'm not convinced verizon will get the iPhone 4. Why would Apple sell the CDMA iP4 for 3-4 months and then introduce the iP5? Seems like they'd just wait and save themselves a TON of money till June/July and announce the iP5 on Verizon. If there is an announcement at CES or around 2/14, I'm sure it'll be about the iP5 on Verizon, not the 4.

What makes the most sense to me is for Apple to wait till 2012 (isn't that the AT&T exclusivity range anyway?) when both AT&T and Verizon are running LTE in large portions of the country and build just one version (an LTE version) of the iPhone that you can get for either VZW or AT&T. They'd save money in manufacturing costs as well as legal costs for not breaking their deal with AT&T. Win/Win. And I'm sticking with AT&T either way. I get great service and GSM is a MUCH more user friendly technology. SIM cards and voice/data at the same time is win.

Thanks

Mod Edit: one should be respect one....

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    I'm not convinced verizon will get the iPhone 4. Why would Apple sell the CDMA iP4 for 3-4 months and then introduce the iP5? Seems like they'd just wait and save themselves a TON of money till June/July and announce the iP5 on Verizon. If there is an announcement at CES or around 2/14, I'm sure it'll be about the iP5 on Verizon, not the 4.
    My guess is that they made a slight variant version (if they did at all) from the China version. It's not exactly the same technology, but very close.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-29-2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hey, we got 3.x this time!
    But seriously, I'm glad this is finally coming to a head and ending. Plus it's good to help reduce network strain.

Thanks

Default Kewl now it should unlock for sprint
    This should mean it will unlock for a CDMA sprint network out here in the stick we only have sprint well it been rumor for years not wait and see i guess

Thanks

Greater chance of this happening sooner than iPhone.

mod edit: unnecessary comment.
    Toothfairy, sorry I hurt your feelings, even though I didn't use any profanity. I'll try to be more PC for you

Thanks

Toothfairy, sorry I hurt your feelings, even though I didn't use any profanity. I'll try to be more PC for you
    Not hurting my feelings..... I am not going to tolerate any rude comments about our writers.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

steve-z17 (12-29-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Mod Edit: one should be respect one....
    I'm not really sure what that means, but the mod edits are running ramped tonight... I'm guessing a quote from the 1st amendment would get edited as well?