Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Fuels Speculation by Raising 1st Quarter iPhone Shipments

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indyracer05 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the iTunes icon is on the right side of the screen all by itself? Lol that means this iPhone is either jailbroken or someone messed up making that pic(:
    Hahaha, true it must be pre-jailbroken by Apple and come with a complementary license to Gridlock!

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ADF View Post
    I wish you non-article writing critics would get off of Messanys' nutz!
    I agree, stop sh1tin all over the guys stories! Ever heard of a newspaper having a gossip column?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to coolguy742 For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (12-28-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    I agree, stop sh1tin all over the guys stories! Ever heard of a newspaper having a gossip column?
    I thought he was talking about how we are all making fun of the picture. And you are too.

Yeah..Well the fact that the picture in a 2g iphone may make a difference!with other iphone..

Wait, so estimates jumped 2 million (from 19 to 21 million) and that is what's fueling this rumor? This seems way off to me.

So Apple was expected to sell 19 million units in the first quarter BEFORE verizon gets on board. The article then surmises that the jump to 21 million is due to a CDMA version. This means that having the nation's largest network offer the phone is only good for an additional 2 million phones for the entire quarter than if Verizon wasn't getting involved?!?!? That can't be right. I know the article states 5-6 million CDMA version phones but I can't see how total sales will only jump 2 million due to the nation's largest carrier offering the iPhone. Doesn't make any sense.

I'm inclined to think this is more likely to be the white iPhone 4 (in GSM form) than the Verizon phone. I can't see Verizon getting the iPhone 4. They'll announce it at CES I'm sure but won't actually offer it till the iPhone 5 arrives in June (which isn't the 1st quarter anymore). Feel free to quote me on that.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdm.accord View Post
    Wait, so estimates jumped 2 million (from 19 to 21 million) and that is what's fueling this rumor? This seems way off to me.

So Apple was expected to sell 19 million units in the first quarter BEFORE verizon gets on board. The article then surmises that the jump to 21 million is due to a CDMA version. This means that having the nation's largest network offer the phone is only good for an additional 2 million phones for the entire quarter than if Verizon wasn't getting involved?!?!? That can't be right. I know the article states 5-6 million CDMA version phones but I can't see how total sales will only jump 2 million due to the nation's largest carrier offering the iPhone. Doesn't make any sense.

I'm inclined to think this is more likely to be the white iPhone 4 (in GSM form) than the Verizon phone. I can't see Verizon getting the iPhone 4. They'll announce it at CES I'm sure but won't actually offer it till the iPhone 5 arrives in June (which isn't the 1st quarter anymore). Feel free to quote me on that.
    This is so true. Verizon is the USA's largest mobile Carrier with roughly 93 Million subscribers for their only to be a 2 Million more increase in iPhone sales for Quarter 1 doesn't seem to add up. Why hasn't anyone mention that this increase could also be because AT&T is now selling cosmetic damage refurbish iphone4's for $129 maybe even drop them to $99.

I highly doubt Verizon is going to announce an iphone at CES. They will be debuting a new HTC 4G Handset and the Motorola Honeycomb tablet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I bet you have Verizon and want this so bad because every week you come up with a Verizon rumor... LOL you've been talking about this Verizon for years :P
    I agree big time. I like to see whoevers network these phones are going too hold up like AT&T's does when a new iPhone is released.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12