Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-26-2010, 05:18 AM #1
Beta Testers Needed for Untethered Jailbreak
MuscleNerd is looking for Mac users to help test the "Jailbreak Monte" 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak, which the Dev-Team is pushing out this weekend ahead of @comex's more extensible method. If you have an iPhone4, iPad, or iPod touch 4G and are interested in redsn0w 0.9.7b1, be aware that it is beta code, and it's very possible that things can go wrong. Make sure you have all your media backed up just in case. You'll need to have 4.2b3 SHSH hashes saved on Cydia (no pirate versions!) and if you're using the ultrasn0w carrier unlock, you should avoid this beta.
Here's some notes from the Dev-Team Blog:
- This is a beta tester program. Itís not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please donít even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you havenít backed up!
- For the same reason, please donít participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, weíll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: ď./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222Ē. If the relay isnít installed or running correctly by the time the redsn0w ramdisk has started, youíll need to restore to stock FW again to try it again. Please test it beforehand to save yourself some time!
12-26-2010, 05:21 AM #2
might jump on it. hmmm.
12-26-2010, 05:43 AM #3
be aware of reported bugs
1-task switcher cause spring board crash --- so you cant switch apps or lock orientation
Work around: use sbsettings plug ins for needer feature
2-bluetooth is disabled so if you relay on bluetooth speaker you might wanna reconsider
12-26-2010, 05:46 AM #4
where is geohot when we need him?
12-26-2010, 06:36 AM #5
"beta testers needed" shouldn't be news worthy. The people that should be testing, have known about it for some time now. This is just going to get a bunch of n00bs phones messed up, maybe I'm wrong, maybe people on modmyi will read an entire post before throwing their phone in dfu mode.... Yeah, on come the threads "redsn0w bricked my device!"
12-26-2010, 06:54 AM #6
I will wait
12-26-2010, 06:59 AM #7
Think I will pass to will wait it out plus I ain't got a mac lol
12-26-2010, 07:20 AM #8
Beat the staff on reporting once again...
Just finished installing it on my iPad; I thought I had already had usbmuxd installed so I was perplexed as to why it wouldn't work for a while. Once I had everything installed correctly it worked like a charm.
Here's a good walkthrough guide: iClarified - iPhone - How to Untether Your iOS Jailbreak (Mac) [4.2.1]
Still uncertain as to whether or not I want to upgrade my iPhone 4 or not as I'm still on 1.59.0 but don't need an unlock.
Last edited by mortopher; 12-26-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:
12-26-2010, 07:36 AM #9
12-26-2010, 07:41 AM #10
Hmmm....As much as I'd love to dive headfirst into this beta redsn0w (been waiting for it for over a month now), I think I'll pass and wait for the final release.
Jailbreak software is generally buggy when first released, I can only imagine the mess it will make being a beta. Besides, I need bluetooth and multitasking, so I guess it's better to wait.27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
iPod Classic (thick) 160GB
12-26-2010, 07:46 AM #11
It has been three months, I've been using Iphone4 without jailbreak, and I'm miserable. My son is using my JB 3G and he is enjoying all the apps that I have downloaded via Cydia.. My patience running thin now and hopefully the Geohot genius will crack the JB for IPhone4 with the latest 4,2.1
12-26-2010, 08:02 AM #12
12-26-2010, 08:08 AM #13
Man as tired as I am of still rocking an iPad on ios 3.2 to save the jailbreak, I think I'm gonna have to wait this one out as well. Possibly wait till later betasmy SPOON is too big
12-26-2010, 08:19 AM #14
If I has a Mac I'd do it. But I'm stuck with a PC, story of my lifeName? whereswaldo
iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
Found yet? No
12-26-2010, 08:33 AM #15
12-26-2010, 08:38 AM #16
12-26-2010, 08:46 AM #17
Ugggh!! Just release the damn thing already!!!
12-26-2010, 08:47 AM #18
Wasn't the last one supposed to b unpatchable -.- thanks for the bluffs guys
12-26-2010, 08:52 AM #19
12-26-2010, 08:52 AM #20