+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beta Testers Needed for Untethered Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ya. I saw the tutorial. I have no doubt I could do it easily. Just dont like the idea of the task switcher not working. Maybe I will give it
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,081 Times in 6,936 Posts

Ya. I saw the tutorial. I have no doubt I could do it easily. Just dont like the idea of the task switcher not working. Maybe I will give it a go on my iTouch 4G.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I rather have a tethered jailbreak than a buggy untethered, so I will stay as is since I never reboot my ipad or iphone, and if I have to, I don't mind rebooting it with redsn0w once in a while

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    I rather have a tethered jailbreak than a buggy untethered, so I will stay as is since I never reboot my ipad or iphone, and if I have to, I don't mind rebooting it with redsn0w once in a while
    +1 on that

The 20th Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unlockingsky View Post
    where is geohot when we need him?
    He left the scene aftre too noobs came and started dragging everything down hill.

Quote Originally Posted by DARNELL86 View Post
    Ugggh!! Just release the damn thing already!!!
    perfect example of what im talking about. has one post and this is the quality of what he has to say.

sadly tho Geohot only has himself to blame he brought all the noobs in when he made purplera1n. MMi also doesnt help by publishing this stuff(late) on its main page where noobs will see it and start bricking their phones left and right and complain about having to restore their device and how dev team is the devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Thanks

At the end of the day it is the persons own responsibility if they brick their phone. The risks are always laid out for them by the dev team. If you cant take the time to read everything before trying it then it is your own fault. It's just too bad geohot had to leave the scene to drown these people out.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyngabread Man View Post
    sadly tho Geohot only has himself to blame he brought all the noobs in when he made purplera1n. MMi also doesnt help by publishing this stuff(late) on its main page where noobs will see it and start bricking their phones left and right and complain about having to restore their device and how dev team is the devil
    If noobs aren't smart enough to research this stuff out or actually read the whole article before they attempt to change their expensive iDevices, then they only have themselves to blame! So unless an article was written up wrong saying that anyone can JB or Unlock their phone right away without consequence...it's all on the noob.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by needweeds View Post
    It has been three months, I've been using Iphone4 without jailbreak, and I'm miserable. My son is using my JB 3G and he is enjoying all the apps that I have downloaded via Cydia.. My patience running thin now and hopefully the Geohot genius will crack the JB for IPhone4 with the latest 4,2.1
    4.2.1 has only been out a month so you could have jailbroken if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYPIFF View Post
    Wasn't the last one supposed to b unpatchable -.- thanks for the bluffs guys
    If you're going to critize, at least be right. Read up on it if you're not sure about what's going on. The limera1n exploit is indeed unpatchable. 4.2.1 was jailbroken as soon as it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Probably planning on doing something stupid and cocky that hurts the community again
    What has he done to hurt the community? Actually what he did last was the very best thing he could have done. Maybe he hurt Chronic Dev's pride or whatever, but for the community, the best thing happened.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

metaserph (12-26-2010)

Thanks

this will disable bluetooth, and you itunes music stay away!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why are ppl so excited about a 4.2.1 jailbreak being untethered when said firmware is glitchy as hell? And that's WITHOUT the jailbreak, man. Everything about 4.2.1 is shite anyway. Poor jittery app opening/closing animations and an overall slowdown just to name a couple problems to which there are quite a few more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captinsmooth View Post
    Ehmm...I think I was first here...lol

redsn0w tester invitation mac only

You are aware you can do a untethered jb on 4.1 to your I4 with greenpois0n or limera1n if you would like to get off 4.0.1
    Yes. Very aware but at the time there was absolutely nothing I needed in 4.1 to justify upgrading... 4.2.1 has something want AirPrint and airplay. And if your anything like me I've got about a thousand things that are all customized or changed in my phone that a simple restore from backup won't redo... So upgrading is a pain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    Why are ppl so excited about a 4.2.1 jailbreak being untethered when said firmware is glitchy as hell? And that's WITHOUT the jailbreak, man. Everything about 4.2.1 is shite anyway. Poor jittery app opening/closing animations and an overall slowdown just to name a couple problems to which there are quite a few more.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, I know plenty of ppl on 4.2.1 that absolutely love it, no issues at all. 4.2.1 + Cydia = awesomeness!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (12-27-2010)

Banned
    Thanks

A lot of people have abused Geohot so why should he come and help anyone?

I wouldn't come back after all the sh!t he's received.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    A lot of people have abused Geohot so why should he come and help anyone?

I wouldn't come back after all the sh!t he's received.
    He should come back cause he's damn good at what he does!

Thanks

Tried the Redsn0w Beta and I realized I couldn't get it to work because I never saved SHSH Blobs on 4.2 Beta 3. Anyone that knows any way around this please tell me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Noba View Post
    Tried the Redsn0w Beta and I realized I couldn't get it to work because I never saved SHSH Blobs on 4.2 Beta 3. Anyone that knows any way around this please tell me.
    I never actually saved mine either but Cydia shows that it's saved for me. I didn't have to do a thing.

Thanks

Cydia added 4.2b3 blobs automatically. The only thing you need is the 4.2b3.ipsw

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea.. thats all that's keeping me from trying this on my iPad, I need that ipsw! If someone wants to pm me about something... go ahead

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

He is probably enjoying the holidays without having to read a bunch of posts from ungrateful, ignorant, and generally spiteful people.

I am going to try this on the iPad. I was about to update to a stock 4.2 anyways.

Thanks

that's what I'm thinking....

What has he done to hurt the community? Actually what he did last was the very best thing he could have done. Maybe he hurt Chronic Dev's pride or whatever, but for the community, the best thing happened.[/QUOTE].

I strongly agree
    Last edited by CX3NT3_713; 12-27-2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    Cydia added 4.2b3 blobs automatically. The only thing you need is the 4.2b3.ipsw

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    "Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too)."

Ok, so I have this SHSH saved in Cydia for my iPad but not on my phone, I thought Cydia saved them automatically so why is the 4.2B3 not saved on my phone? Is it because I don't have an iPhone 4, I have a 3GS.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."