Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What Does Skype Know About the Verizon iPhone That We Don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Li-ion View Post
    For gods sake people, verizon will NOT get the iPhone. Verizon has its head too far up googles *** to sign a deal with a company like apple. Further, apple won't want the competition of high end android phones on verizon.

Just because you see verizon, Skype, and iPhone on the same page doesn't mean a verizon iPhone will exist.
    Considering that Verizon has openly expressed that they want the iPhone, I'm thinking that you may be wrong...

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I still don't think it's gunna happen. Verizon's not ready to handle the iPhone. Maybe in the distant future though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure that sites do things like this just to screw with all the people that obsess over a Verizon iPhone. Aka, Messany.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Thanks

For gods sake people, verizon will NOT get the iPhone. Verizon has its head too far up googles *** to sign a deal with a company like apple. Further, apple won't want the competition of high end android phones on verizon.

Just because you see verizon, Skype, and iPhone on the same page doesn't mean a verizon iPhone will exist.
    Well Verizon already got it's hands on the iPad so why not the iPhone. If iPhone's on Verizon then Apple and Verizon would both make good deals of money. Many people I know are on Verizon, want the iPhone 4, and don't want to go through an unlock.

Not sure why people are saying that Verizon will never get the iPhone. They'll clearly get it eventually. Apple is a company and that company exists to make money - opening up to Verizon is a no-brainer. Just think about all the apps they'd sell with a tens of millions of Verizon customers.

The only way I can see this NOT happening is if AT&T bribes Apple a billion dollars to keep exclusivity so that they don't suddenly lose 30-40% of their smartphone user-base. With Verizon rolling out their faster network, it'll be real interesting to see what happens.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh oh I know the answer I know the answer pick me. Well, verizon on iphone will suck, and skype on verizon on iphone will suck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Right on!
    So many conspiracies...so little time!
    Yup, what you said.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Noba View Post
    Well Verizon already got it's hands on the iPad so why not the iPhone. If iPhone's on Verizon then Apple and Verizon would both make good deals of money. Many people I know are on Verizon, want the iPhone 4, and don't want to go through an unlock.
    Where to start? First of all, the "Verizon iPad" is just a WiFi version. It's bundled with a MiWi device. It's a WiFi broadcaster that uses VZW's network, and is a completely separate device. VZW sells it, but it doesn't have a CDMA radio in it.

Second, Even if your friends wanted to go through an unlock, their dad was Steve Jobs, and their mom owned Verizon, they still couldn't have an i4 on VZW unless Apple made an i4 with a CDMA radio in it. Period.

I doubt the i4 will drop on VZW. I'm thinking i5 this summer, LTE enable on both carriers (AT&T won't have LTE then, but I think the tech will be built into the device.) But, I could be wrong. Apple may start dropping CDMA devices in the winter and GSM in the summer.

I do know that if it does happen, Messany will spiral out of control worse than a child star, as he'd no longer have anything to write about and no one will love him anymore like Danny Bonaduce.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    I do know that if it does happen, Messany will spiral out of control worse than a child star, as he'd no longer have anything to write about and no one will love him anymore like Danny Bonaduce.
    LMAO well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Thanks

A major event will be held for a verizon iPhone if that happens, an ipad sold at verizon retailer just helps transition for an iPhone to be introduced and sold to reduce the wow factor.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Where to start? First of all, the "Verizon iPad" is just a WiFi version. It's bundled with a MiWi device. It's a WiFi broadcaster that uses VZW's network, and is a completely separate device. VZW sells it, but it doesn't have a CDMA radio in it.

Second, Even if your friends wanted to go through an unlock, their dad was Steve Jobs, and their mom owned Verizon, they still couldn't have an i4 on VZW unless Apple made an i4 with a CDMA radio in it. Period.

I doubt the i4 will drop on VZW. I'm thinking i5 this summer, LTE enable on both carriers (AT&T won't have LTE then, but I think the tech will be built into the device.) But, I could be wrong. Apple may start dropping CDMA devices in the winter and GSM in the summer.

Very well said.

(Hijack: Can we not say "Thanks" from the MMI app?)

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    (Hijack: Can we not say "Thanks" from the MMI app?)
    Do you see the button?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    ^wait. Why do you have to quote the whole article?
    Lol I was wondering the same thing.

Thanks

Am I wrong or did I read something today saying that the iPhone WILL be on VERIZON early 2011?

Thanks

Also my friends no nothing about the iPhone besides that they want it. THEY think they can unlock it for Verizon.

Thanks

Apple needs verizon to grow the US mkt: verizon, even though cdma, has a far greater reach and covers far more of the US than ATT. Apple knows growth areas to attack and CDMA via verizon is their next best chance to grow the biz domestically.

As for not wanting to go against verizons android's - that is not a valid argument - androids are everywhere, as are blackberries and all the other platforms - competition is for customers and in the US, a hardware mfg needs to be in both gsm and cdma to maximize their mkt.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpawa View Post
    Don't think so... Wishfull thinking...
    Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    I still don't understand why, if true, Apple would release the iPhone to Verizon during January. iPhone always had a release time frame during June/july. So why would they release it early then release it again for AT&T? All of this Verizon business is probably not even true and if it is it's probably during the summer so that it would be a unified release.

Just my 2 cents for thought....
    This si the best argument when it comes to the version iPhone. Apple is so stable when it comes to releases of products that I think it good enough evidence
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So basically it's official now they're getting it LOL

i can picture this. Ipad 2 on verizon front and back cameras and skype intergrated facetime video calling feature.considering skype video calling only available on computers and tablets

skype got video last night fools!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12