Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Removes Controversial WikiLeaks App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
@jahooba How about I show you videos of white phosphorous or flamethrowers or depleted uranium shells or the ******* h-bomb while we talk about your goddamn "morals". They think they're
    BHX
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @jahooba
    How about I show you videos of white phosphorous or flamethrowers or depleted uranium shells or the ******* h-bomb while we talk about your goddamn "morals". They think they're doing the right thing as much as our soldiers do, dumbass. But they don't kill civilians.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BHX For This Useful Post:

NessLookAlike (12-21-2010)

Thanks

It seems like every big company has made their own personal stab at Wikileaks. Paypal, Mastercard ect.
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

One thing about Wikileaks... They themselves don't leak this information, people within our government and/or military leak them this. They are just a central hub for this information. Censor what you want, but this information is already out there and easily obtainable. Don't hate Wikileaks, hate the whistleblowers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BHX View Post
    They post quite a bit of sensitive government information that's been leaked. It's quite a shame so many businesses are on this censorship spree. If the government doesn't want us to know about thongs, they probably shouldn't be doing them.
    Good thing sisqo is against the government singing the thong song and keeping is informed of what the gubment is hiding

fasih fawad
    pathetic kids here, don't know a **** about the world. you guys all seem like basement developers who need to first develop some balls... whatever wikileaks are doing, that should have been done some decade ago so that U.S who is the big bully wouldn't be what they are today. anybody who are going against wikileaks should be brought down and apple from today has joined this list as well. those hackers will whoop apple's @ss and i am just dieing to see that happening

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fasih fawad For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (12-21-2010), Forgoten Dynasty (12-21-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fasih fawad View Post
    pathetic kids here, don't know a **** about the world. you guys all seem like basement developers who need to first develop some balls... whatever wikileaks are doing, that should have been done some decade ago so that U.S who is the big bully wouldn't be what they are today. anybody who are going against wikileaks should be brought down and apple from today has joined this list as well. those hackers will whoop apple's @ss and i am just dieing to see that happening
    I've got balls for you, come get some. Who does everyone come crying to for help when they need some power?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I don't see them being able to mess with apple. Apple owns their hardware if they attack it they will just hit a button and swap to other hardware running beside it then bring the first hardware back online. Plus ...... this is Apple. They ARE the internet they can block that crap once they determine it's source, while switching hardware. Downtime? Not much if any.

Amazon and Paypal I.T. look like kindergardeners compared to Apple IT.
    Amazon and Paypal also own the hardware that their online infrastructure runs on. If you mean that Apple only uses Xservers then you'll be pleasantly surprised that that is not true. Apple infact uses third party hardware in many aspects of it's infrastructure.
    I won't even try to explain how much of a stupid statement it is to say Apple ARE the Internet.
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about at all

Green Apple
    Thanks

not the first time apple pulled an app. Thats why theres Cydia. Ill get it from there. And ill enjoy my self created freedom

for those curious its already available on alternative app stores WINK WINK
    Last edited by c1ockwerk; 12-21-2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone clikzip's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    It's about time they removed Eastern European Anarchist crap. How the heck did that get by the censors, anyway? It's clearly sociopolitical to the extreme.

I guess that tells you something about employees working at trendy Apple.

His point still stands. This information was collected against their will for nefarious reasons -- it was intended to hurt, plain and simple. Oh, sure, they try and spin it like information will set us free, but that's not their ideology.

Assange is a henchman of the anti-government/ anarchist agenda, and he's certainly not motivated by giving the world a helping hand - he wants to topple regimes based on his own twisted political ideology.

I'm glad America doesn't stand for these underhanded tactics. We enjoy our freedom here, even at the cost of ignorance regarding classified information.

Hey, I'll send you a video of a soldier getting his head carved from his body with a kitchen knife as he screams (you can hear the knife grinding through his spine), then we'll talk about morals.
    +15, good response. I agree completely
    Add me up on xbox live gamertag clikzip.

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

The government is a lot like your mothers room, there a lot of things that happen in there you shouldn't ever know. Wikileaks isn't a way to let knowledge be free. Its a way to attack America.

I don't see them being able to mess with apple. Apple owns their hardware if they attack it they will just hit a button and swap to other hardware running beside it then bring the first hardware back online. Plus ...... this is Apple. They ARE the internet they can block that crap once they determine it's source, while switching hardware. Downtime? Not much if any.

Amazon and Paypal I.T. look like kindergardeners compared to Apple IT.
    You dont understand what a DDoS is do you? Its dozens of GIGABTYES of data running through into ONE websites servers every SECOND. Far as I know the biggest attack ever was a whopping 3.5 TB/s accumulated during Obama's presidential inauguration. Thats about the same amount of data traffic the U.S. produces every second. The WHOLE damn country. A DDoS isn't something you can block. Only hope to god you have enough servers and bandwidth to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by fasih fawad View Post
    No one likes an anarchist. Just because the U.S. is the biggest superpower doesnt mean they should be brought down, in fact if they suddenly disappeared you can bet the rest of the worlds economy would disappear too. Face it, making America go away isn't how to solve whatever sociological problems you may have.
    Last edited by AnthonyGiola; 12-21-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techboywii View Post
    if they take down the appstore by a DDoS attack for a single second, im going to put a stick up their @$$
    Oh yes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Amazon and Paypal also own the hardware that their online infrastructure runs on. If you mean that Apple only uses Xservers then you'll be pleasantly surprised that that is not true. Apple infact uses third party hardware in many aspects of it's infrastructure.
    I won't even try to explain how much of a stupid statement it is to say Apple ARE the Internet.
    You clearly don't know what you're talking about at all
    Not a single thing you said was in context with what I said so instead of misquoting me just STFU.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

15. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

AnthonyGiola (12-21-2010)

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

Not a single thing you said was in context with what I said so instead of misquoting me just STFU.
    Hey, you wrote it. Not him. He didn't misquote you. He simply showed that what you said shined through with some genuine ineptitude.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well Wikileaks has basically has revealed to much confidential information from other countries and our country included to the public. They have revealed tons of confidential and private info between country's embassy's/government and including all heads of the government.

Thanks

Hmmm Is Wikileaks some kind of version of wikipedia I've never heard Abiut?!

What's the big deal

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoury159 View Post
    Well Wikileaks has basically has revealed to much confidential information from other countries and our country included to the public. They have revealed tons of confidential and private info between country's embassy's/government and including all heads of the government.
    ^^^

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Never really knew what WikiLeaks is, I guess it's a good thing and a bad thing at the same time.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa, now the government is trying to censor thongs? FFS what has this world come to?

lol
    LMFAO! Dude, I saw the typo too, but was going to let it go, but I'm glad you mentioned it. Your comment made me bursted out laughing at work.

Bravo, bravo!

Thanks

What's your problem, Messany? You thought you could write an article even MENTIONING WikiLeaks without an utter flame war occurring? Take it down, this site is for the community learning what's new with Apple and the jailbreak community, not for heated free-for-all political debate that explodes into conspiracy theories and God vs. atheism (even if that hasn't happened yet, it happened on the article about the apple.com splashscreen, it's going to happen here).

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seriously...who doesnt know what Wikileaks is???? Have you not turned on your TV or read the paper in the last few months???? Put down the Xbox remote and learn some current events.