+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Motorola Calls iPad "Just a Giant iPhone"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI2I8wLPdc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Tablet Evolution presented by Motorola[/ame] Motorola threw down yesterday with a new teaser video for their mysterious upcoming 10-inch Android tablet. Called "Tablet Evolution," the video takes shots
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Motorola Calls iPad "Just a Giant iPhone"
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI2I8wLPdc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Tablet Evolution presented by Motorola[/ame]

Motorola threw down yesterday with a new teaser video for their mysterious upcoming 10-inch Android tablet. Called "Tablet Evolution," the video takes shots at both the iPad - which is derisively referred to as "a giant iPhone" and the Samsung Galaxy Tab, which runs a version of Android OS meant to run on a phone. The video ends with a shot of an object under a curtain, and a bee (presumably representing "Honeycomb," the made-for-tablets version of Android) buzzing around Motorola's new red logo, followed by the words "CES 2011," indicating the device will be released at the Consumer Electronics Show next month.

Nothing is known for sure about the Motorola tablet, which was briefly shown off by company vice president Andy Rubin at the All Things Digital: Dive Into Mobile conference in San Francisco a few weeks ago. It is believed to have a 10-inch, 1200-by-800 display, a 1GHz Tegra 2 T20 processor with 512 MB of RAM, 32 GB of built-in flash, and support for up to 32 GB of external storage via its microSD slot. Rumors have also suggested a 5-megapixel rear camera, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, an HDMI out port, a microUSB port and a gyroscope. It's expected to be carried on Verizon Wireless, which has signaled that it will announce LTE-compatible Android devices at CES on January 6. A blurry picture of the Motorola tablet in Verizon livery was also leaked this month, further bolstering that rumor.

Apple has a number of competitors queued up to be the "iPad killer," but up until Motorola none have been able to match it in terms of screen real estate. If Honeycomb is able to overcome the limitations of existing Android OSes it may be a serious challenger. However, there is a real hurdle to overcome: Apple's head start puts it on track to sell as many as 43 million iPads next year. Is there a market for that many giant Droids?

Source: TUAW
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 12-20-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks

best tablet commercial ever

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to plcrules For This Useful Post:

BSmith (12-22-2010), Ivel (12-21-2010), PlatoTheForms (12-20-2010), redwolf (12-22-2010)

Thanks

If the iPad is a giant iPhone, than the Motorola tablet is a giant Razr. iPhone > Razr
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It really is a good, smart and a well thought commercial... Well done who ever is the idea behind it

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alirz For This Useful Post:

redwolf (12-22-2010), SirTimothy1 (12-20-2010), sk8ertim (12-21-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    If the iPad is a giant iPhone, than the Motorola tablet is a giant Razr. iPhone > Razr
    I second that! Everyone likes taking shots at the king of the hill.

Thanks

The commercial was pretty sweet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to punjabi212 For This Useful Post:

sonupwr (12-24-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    I think its a ******* good commercial lol.

and anyways im sure when they had the MAC vs PC Commercial you didnt say ****. So you are just a fan boy.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgshadow For This Useful Post:

BSmith (12-22-2010), redzombi2k (12-23-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Motarola phones r sh*t. What makes motarola think that their tablet is gona be any good, i mean they cant come up with their own OS they have to use somthing thats avalible to many devices that cant be botherd with making an OS. Im not a big fan of apple as a brand but since ive had my iphone id never consider another mobile
    No Sig Spam..

Thanks
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 5,844 Posts

Awesome commercial, should get an award. I'd stick with the iPad, thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The "it's just a big iPhone" plea preys on the people that don't own an iPad b/c once you own one you realize that's a big load of crap That goes for everyone that says it on here too lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Doran (12-20-2010), Mookest (12-20-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomlangford001 View Post
    Motarola phones r sh*t. What makes motarola think that their tablet is gona be any good, i mean they cant come up with their own OS they have to use somthing thats avalible to many devices that cant be botherd with making an OS. Im not a big fan of apple as a brand but since ive had my iphone id never consider another mobile

Well said mate! The iPad may be whatever anyone chooses to call it...and that's exactly what apple intended.

The iPad is many things to many people as it fulfils various needs. It may be a 'giant iphone' to some, but it sure is better than anything moto-copycat can ever hope to come up with!

Those (samsing, blueberry, moto-stationary) who neither have the imagination nor impetus to create such a "magical" (lol) product but only come up with wannabe copies, can rejoice in the knowledge that they're helping keep competition alive and ultimately making the iPad even better and untouchable!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iLaw-One For This Useful Post:

TheReliq (12-20-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The "it's just a big iPhone" plea preys on the people that don't own an iPad b/c once you own one you realize that's a big load of crap That goes for everyone that says it on here too lol.
    It's just a big iPhone, but like the commercial says, it's also a big iPhone, that can be good and/or bad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DisneyRicky's Avatar
    Thanks

They called it a giant iPhone, because they couldn't come up with a different phrase. It's been called a giant iPhone since March, come up with a new name, then use it in your commercial.
    My Devices:

iPod Touch 4g 4.1 - Jailbroken
    iPad 4.2.1 - Jailbroken

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Technically it's a Giant iTouch since it cant make phone calls if it's not on 3G or Wifi while the iPhone uses all that and edge

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Doran (12-20-2010)

Thanks

if ur ganna make fun of it at least do it right..its a giant iPod Touch! not iphone!!

but gotta admit, commercial was pretty damn sweet

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah if anything the iPad is a big iPod Touch..but with less features

Thanks

Everybody made some great points but 1..... The iPad has been out for ages compared to most and were almost on the door of iPad 2. Looool moto I hope you do something good but face it since razr u have sucked big time. Ps I too bad mouthed the iPad, then I brought one and now it's my number 1 device

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickaroni22 View Post
    I've always thought that type of marketing was pretty corny. It's like a man asking another woman "what's he got that I haven't got?

I say spend more time noting what YOUR product can DO, not what you feel the competition CAN'T...especially since any product has the potential to suck, regardless of how much the other products do OR don't suck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

haha pretty entertaining, if you like being biased.
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

Thanks

Errrr...sorry, but the iPad is nothing like a big iPhone. At all. A big, glorified, practically useless, iPod touch? Yes. An iPhone? No. I wish people would stop comparing the two.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to purplemonkeyspank For This Useful Post:

billmilo (12-20-2010)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast