+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Motorola Calls iPad "Just a Giant iPhone"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
LOL. why are other people so stupid. The ipad is an giant itouch or iphone or w/e you wanna call it. I thought that was pretty clear?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL. why are other people so stupid. The ipad is an giant itouch or iphone or w/e you wanna call it. I thought that was pretty clear?

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Silverado87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Yes but that's not any selling point what so ever. If your trying to beat competition they should come up with reasons why it's better. I find that I'm around the house my phone is too small. And I don't wanna get the MacBook out so I wish I had a bigger screen......an iPad. I'll def be getting the iPad 2G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is getting ridiculous. With tablets running os that are on phones, using cellaur data, and getting a little smaller with each new tablet, how are we going to able to tell the difference between phones and tablets. Besidesmy iPhone can do everything other tablets can and vice versa who's to say my iPhone isn't a tablet?
    Last edited by lacrossplayereht; 12-21-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado87 View Post
    Yes but that's not any selling point what so ever. If your trying to beat competition they should come up with reasons why it's better. I find that I'm around the house my phone is too small. And I don't wanna get the MacBook out so I wish I had a bigger screen......an iPad. I'll def be getting the iPad 2G

+1...my thoughts exactly!!!
    I'll leave the Mac for when I need to do heavy computing stuff.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sucram6791's Avatar
    Thanks

those advertisers sure got apple good! "its a giant iphone, its..... a giant iphone"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The red Motorola logo just makes them look more evil now.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The "it's just a big iPhone" plea preys on the people that don't own an iPad b/c once you own one you realize that's a big load of crap That goes for everyone that says it on here too lol.
    I continue to disagree. My girlfriend has one and there is nothing I ever want to do with it that I can't do on my phone, PERIOD. I can see it being useful for media consumption, but I don't travel enough to arrant a movie player, and there is no argument that as a music player it is completely on par with iPhone. To plenty of people it is just a giant phone, but to those same people, this Motorola device will be just a giant android device.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

@sziklassy lol try to play veggie samurai on the iPad and then on the iPhone..you just can't! iPad's screen is toooo big and comfy lol. especially since I got so used to doing all the things I do on my iPhone, well on my tiny iPhone.

The 20th Member
    Thanks

love this commercial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingbijan View Post
    @sziklassy lol try to play veggie samurai on the iPad and then on the iPhone..you just can't! iPad's screen is toooo big and comfy lol. especially since I got so used to doing all the things I do on my iPhone, well on my tiny iPhone.
    I don't play veggie samurai on anything, nor do I really have an interest to. Wasted enough money on iOS games that take all of 15 seconds to beat. No thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado87 View Post
    The entire commercial was meant as a joke, not a slew of selling points. This should be crystal clear when they start comparing it to things like the ten commandments. You don't seriously think they were SERIOUS about why the ten commandments tab is inferior to their product, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    I've always thought that type of marketing was pretty corny. It's like a man asking another woman "what's he got that I haven't got?

I say spend more time noting what YOUR product can DO, not what you feel the competition CAN'T...especially since any product has the potential to suck, regardless of how much the other products do OR don't suck.
    Interesting. This was Apple's marketing strategy with their Mac v PC ads for about five years.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 12-21-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

crankz1 (12-22-2010)

Thanks

Android OS,
    Android OS for an phone

So f*cking true. But the iPad is kind of the same. But not for an phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

whats a motorola?!?!?!? lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The "it's just a big iPhone" plea preys on the people that don't own an iPad b/c once you own one you realize that's a big load of crap That goes for everyone that says it on here too lol.
    Let them call it what they want. Technically speaking, it's pretty similar to an iPhone or itouch as others pointed out. It lacks calling and a camera as well as other networks besides 3G and wifi. But it's all about size with the iPad. Reading, surfing, and playing games on the iPad is far batter than on the iPhone/touch.

Thanks

I think we are losing perspective in that...which company produced the FIRST cellular telephone?
    Sure they may have fell out of the cellphone market, but who is not to say they will find a niche in the tablet market.
    Motorola has alot of ties to Sony, especially with the Playstation phone.
    Much of the new Droid firmwares (especially Honeycomb, which will be first featured on this tablet) are stepping up all things gaming. So possibly they are trying to up their tablet a notch in gaming purposes alone.
    It's not like Apple has suffered with the release of their iPad. Ultimately to continue in the market (even for the evolution of the iPad) something has to be done to "one up" a rivals device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TBSS View Post
    Since you got a iPad for free and don't like it, I'll give $20 for it.
    Just because I don't think it is all that great doesn't mean I don't know it's value(lol)....I will off load it shortly though

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

When the iPad first came out, i thought it was stupid and was on the bandwagon with saying it was just an oversized ipod touch. Well months later after being kinda intrigued by one, i bought one. And surfing the net, watching movies, reading books and PDFs. Playing games on it is really fun too. (not that i am game much but i do from time to time) my son loves it for all his games and books that are on there, and he loves to play the interactive educational games too, and hes only 1 1/2 years old. Its not just an over sized iPod Touch.

Thanks

the iPad is just a giant ITOUCH, not iPhone.

Isn't funny on how everyone spins off of Apples ideas?

iTouch> Touch screen ZuNeS!!!
    iPhone> Andriod, Sunburst, HTC, etd
    iPad> some stupid touch screen tablets other cheap companies are making

Quote Originally Posted by sucram6791 View Post
    those advertisers sure got apple good! "its a giant iphone, its..... a giant iphone"
    "Indroducing...Giant iPhone! Better sound quality, and it fits right in your purse! Tired of using your fingers to slide to unclock? hell now you can use your HANDS!!!"

this post makes me want to just go out and buy the ipad just for the hell of it
    Last edited by Co1d Night; 12-21-2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can put me in this category. I'm not quite a fanboy, but I love apple products, and to me it is just a big iPhone. I don't own one, but my best friend does and overall I've played with it for several hours.

The bigger display does increase its functionality, but it's pretty much just a big iphone...that can't make calls or take pictures. That said, I'm saving up to buy one for myself!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Moto can suck it. Let's be clear. The iPad is not a big iPhone. But ... When you're on top, haters will be haters!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to EagleyeSmith For This Useful Post:

bignighttrain (12-21-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_Amazing_Ath3ist View Post
    the iPad is just a giant ITOUCH, not iPhone.

Isn't funny on how everyone spins off of Apples ideas?

iTouch> Touch screen ZuNeS!!!
    iPhone> Andriod, Sunburst, HTC, etd
    iPad> some stupid touch screen tablets other cheap companies are making
    fanboi much? I'm not saying apple doesn't make some fine products, but everything is not their idea. IBM released a touchscreen cell phone in the 90s. In fact, even the "i" in iPhone, iPod, iPad was originally used by the iPAQ.