+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Motorola Calls iPad "Just a Giant iPhone"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
They are considering it a GIANT because it is a GIANT! Look at how many Apple sold!
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

They are considering it a GIANT because it is a GIANT! Look at how many Apple sold!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

iPhone? More like MyPhone ash3s2012's Avatar
    Thanks

Who said that the maya's calendar was a tablet????????????????????

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alirz View Post
    It really is a good, smart and a well thought commercial... Well done who ever is the idea behind it
    It is a well thought out commercial until it gets to the point. The moment that they discuss the iPad and Android Tablet, the subtitles look like they were written by children.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey I just picked up a free iPad off of a local barter web site. I always have thought that it would be like a giant touch and guess what.... it is. I guess you may be able to do some cool things with it if you don't own a iPhone(which 99% of the world does)..(more than likely an iPhone) but if you do own a smartphone then the iPad is kind of ..... Bland, pointless..... That being said and before I get beat up to much it may as well be useful and enjoyable to others but for me it's not.... I will however pick up the next gen iPad if it offers more features.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

They're stupid, along with the people who call it a giant iPhone. It's a giant iPod touch. the ipad IS NOT a cell phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Something to go against the 10" touch? I don't see it happening.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, the larger screen IS THE POINT about the iPad. Of course it's just an iPod Touch with a larger screen. The screen is the reason behind why we would want to buy it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blueblaze4444 For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (12-21-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aplifoneusr View Post
    Hey I just picked up a free iPad off of a local barter web site. I always have thought that it would be like a giant touch and guess what.... it is. I guess you may be able to do some cool things with it if you don't own a iPhone(which 99% of the world does)..(more than likely an iPhone) but if you do own a smartphone then the iPad is kind of ..... Bland, pointless..... That being said and before I get beat up to much it may as well be useful and enjoyable to others but for me it's not.... I will however pick up the next gen iPad if it offers more features.
    Since you got a iPad for free and don't like it, I'll give $20 for it.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I wish they called it "a big ol' iPod Touch" instead... but yeah, great commercial.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It really quite a good commercial. And yes, I like the iPad and will likely get the next gen one, but I also think in many ways, the iPad is a giant iPhone. That's not necessarily bad, though :-)

Thanks

Yeah you could have an ipad, or you can be like me, not whine about weight, and carry around my macbook pro with a core i7 . The multi touch track pad is amazing, who needs a touch screen.

Also i got an ipad on launch day, then i sold it when the iphone 4 came out.

Its a fun device, but i just think its only for those who have the extra cash and can make up uses for it lol.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Silverado87's Avatar
    Thanks

That was kinda stupid. They had plenty else to say about all the other tablets but when it got to the iPad "uh.....it's a giant iPhone" that's all motorola has?! Man I'm not gonna get an iPad now (sarcasm) same with the Samsung. They got nothing. Motorola is gonna be another disappointment when they realize it won't sell.

Thanks

Well I hope they start to make pockets or belt clips big enough for my iPad. I will definitely ditch my iPhone 4 so I can use my iPad to make phone calls. It's so convenient to make calls with a device twice the size of my head

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
    Well I hope they start to make pockets or belt clips big enough for my iPad. I will definitely ditch my iPhone 4 so I can use my iPad to make phone calls. It's so convenient to make calls with a device twice the size of my head
    Lucky the iPad isn't a big iPhone so no one needs to do that
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Lucky the iPad isn't a big iPhone so no one needs to do that
    Exactly my thoughts haha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great commercial, But terrible manufacturer.

I'd so laugh if they spend more money and time making this commercial than building the actual product LOL.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nobody is going to top top the iPad. I hated it to begin with, but upon seeing what the competition has brought against the ipad, I don't see anybody beating it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd like that Ten Commandments Tablet, then sell it off for a billion dollars on ebay. 1billion >>> Motorola Tablet.

Nice commercial though

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool commercial! The "giant iPad" thing was lame though, nothing original there. iPad will still beat out whatever Moto's got.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also thought it was a great skit, I too thought I'd never have any use of owning an iPad. But you know what? I did buy one, not for myself but for my two year old!

I find it's amazing how much more she's learned from just playing with it! Learning new songs, count, jigsaw puzzles... Hell, she's learned the whole alphabet with it!

And the best part is, there is no other devices out there that can compete with the amount of apps you can buy for what you need! There are hella lot more apps apple has to offer! Not to mention the ease of use with the iPad. I did buy the samsung tablet but returned it 4 days later as it was not as user friendly as the iPad! I'd be surprised if motorola did come out with something better, if they do, who knows... I'd be one willing to switch.
    Last edited by lowendz; 12-20-2010 at 11:28 PM.