Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Unlock Less Than a Month Away?

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Unlock Less Than a Month Away?

There has been some news about the 4.2.1 jailbreak lately, but the unlock has been missing in action for some time. However, we got a little ray of light about ultrasn0w on Twitter from Egyptian baseband hacker Sherif Hashim, who worked on the 3.1.3 unlock. He's still keeping it on the down low - English-only speakers would have missed it - but he's indicated the unlock should be ready in about a month.

Sherif Hashim found an exploitable baseband crash that could bring an unlock for basebands 05.14.02 and 02.10.04 back in November. Very little has been heard since then, and nothing definitive as to the timing on a new ultrasn0w for iOS 4.1 and 4.2. One impatient unlocker sent Hashim a tweet in Arabic, saying he was going away for military service on January 16 and asking if the unlock would be ready by then. Hashim's response, in English: "sure."

The main reason we don't get a lot of news from these guys is that they need to spend their time hacking, not sending out updates. As Hashim promised yesterday, "whenever it is ready for beta testing and use, u ll all be notified thru @MuscleNerd's Twitter or mine." So consider following both on Twitter, and we'll also have the latest news available for you here.

Source: GeoHot.us (no, not the real one)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Paul Daniel Ash For This Useful Post:

apoc (12-19-2010), BennyPR (12-19-2010), Funked (12-20-2010), ipirate (12-20-2010), Jahooba (12-20-2010), whiteman10886 (12-23-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

We also don't get a lot of info from Sherif at times because he is busy doing brain surgery, that guy is a beast!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

Funked (12-20-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

eve tho they are working hard at it, they still take the time to answer to pople asking the same over and over... they have to be the most patient people on earth LOL. GO DEVS!!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry but with all this unlock news going around I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

"The main reason we don't get a lot of news from these guys is that they need to spend their time hacking, not sending out updates..."

Great choice of words there, are they our personal slaves? Maybe they don't give a lot of news because they need to spend their time with their lives, family, work, etc? Just saying...

Great news unlock is hopefuly coming out for some of my friends...

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    "The main reason we don't get a lot of news from these guys is that they need to spend their time hacking, not sending out updates..."

Great choice of words there, are they our personal slaves? Maybe they don't give a lot of news because they need to spend their time with their lives, family, work, etc? Just saying...
    Lmao! That's what it sounds like huh, and yea they really could turn this into a paying job but they do it for FREE! so I think we all needa b patient. if u can't wait, then go learn to hack n program and do it urself..

Thanks

nice i brought mine offline 400 my contract is up in 1 month and i was getting worried as I dont want to stay with crappy vodafone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    haha i can read this :P :P
    egyptian
    Egyptian Dude

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yehiamorsi For This Useful Post:

plcrules (12-19-2010)

I really need 4.2.1 jailbreak. Ugh I hate this stock iphone lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
    I really need 4.2.1 jailbreak. Ugh I hate this stock iphone lol
    ummmm this article was about the unlock but ok. You can jailbreak it at anytime, it will just be tethered if you have an iphone 4, ipad, or new bootrom iphone. If my only option was to have a tethered jailbreak, i would until then dont complain, just jailbreak and wait for untethered.

Where's the darn hiroglyphics? I need pictures!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brbortscheller's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonx151 View Post
    Lmao! That's what it sounds like huh, and yea they really could turn this into a paying job but they do it for FREE! so I think we all needa b patient. if u can't wait, then go learn to hack n program and do it urself...
    I can only agree...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yehiamorsi View Post
    haha i can read this :P :P
    egyptian
    lol same here but i live in new york

But 4.2.1 (8C148) baseband is 03.10.01.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_herman View Post
    But 4.2.1 (8C148) baseband is 03.10.01.....
    On what? The 4.2.1 baseband on iPhones (beside iPhone 4) is 5.15.04. I don't have an iPhone 4 or and iPad so i guess its one of those two. But for those two devices i think the unlock will be take a little longer

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Might update to 4.2.1 if untethered jb comes available. Still on 4.0.1 bb 01.59.00...didn't see a point in upgrading. What are advantages other then being able to find my iPhone with 4.2.1?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

airprinting, multiple text tones, the "find" feature in safari and other apps, a few others i'm sure those are just off the top of my head

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

@mortohper love your avatar. Airprint would be convenient.

This is awsome news..I have an Iphone4 at 4.1 s/w with the 2.10.04 baseband just sitting here collecting dust...Thanks dev team for all your hard work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast