Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Untethered Jailbreak by Christmas?

What's with the games? Now you see the tweet now you don't? If it's not gonna happen fine but enough with all the little kid games.

Great christmas present can't wait, I don't need a unlock so I'm fine as my iPhone 4 is officially unlocked, but y sister is well annoyed as he requires a unlock lol still at 4.0.1

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sofaxkingxhi View Post
    If u updated to 4.2.1 then u deserve the tethered jailbreak. Ur a idiot for updating in the 1st place. ( and before you say I accidentally updated , I call u a lying p.o.s u were Asked a few times to verify and then watch the update. So there is no accidents) 4.2.1 only offers air print is that really worth updating. And losing a untethered jailbreak.

I'm just ranting. Tired of hearing of people cry over tethered jailbreaks!!!!
    Member since September? Yeah, you know nothing about jailbreak complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

They may be waiting to see what Apple does with iOS 4.3...
    I would.

That's great news! Also, wth I can delete tweets? I didn't know that...

Quote Originally Posted by braunsys View Post
    I,m not from Missouri, but I will believe it when I see it, and hopefully sooner than later.
    Thanks to those who make jailbreaking possible for the rest of us!
    Easy there buddy I'm from the great state of misery !

If u updated to 4.2.1 then u deserve the tethered jailbreak. Ur a idiot for updating in the 1st place. ( and before you say I accidentally updated , I call u a lying p.o.s u were Asked a few times to verify and then watch the update. So there is no accidents) 4.2.1 only offers air print is that really worth updating. And losing a untethered jailbreak.

Wow.mayb should look in the mirror. Not sure it need all that. This is a forum not a bash this person. I myself am on 4.2 because I went to apple for a repair and they updated me. Would u like there number so u can call them and repeat your post. I usually keep my mouth shut on these forums but that was not necessary.

Wait a second... I'm still confused.
    I just bought my iphone 4 about 2 weeks ago that came with 4.2.1.
    I have yet to even give it a tethered JB because I was waiting for untethered.
    Will I be able to even jailbreak my iphone once this untethered JB comes out or not?
    I keep reading that you need something in order to do so but I have no idea what you need =[

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Wait a second... I'm still confused.
    I just bought my iphone 4 about 2 weeks ago that came with 4.2.1.
    I have yet to even give it a tethered JB because I was waiting for untethered.
    Will I be able to even jailbreak my iphone once this untethered JB comes out or not?
    I keep reading that you need something in order to do so but I have no idea what you need =[
    You might not be able to. The thing is SHSH blobs (don't worry, I still have no idea where the name came from). They're used by iTunes in restores for verification (Apple doesn't want people on old firmwares). If you download these while your firmware is the latest (the only time they're available), you can use them later to trick iTunes into restoring your iDevice. They also somehow help in jailbreaks. The next jailbreak for 4.2 might require SHSH from 4.1 (which you can't get because it is no longer available and each SHSH is unique to a device). So, you might be left out

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

You are still able to do a tethered jailbreak though.

The dev team are my Heroes! THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    You might not be able to. The thing is SHSH blobs (don't worry, I still have no idea where the name came from). They're used by iTunes in restores for verification (Apple doesn't want people on old firmwares). If you download these while your firmware is the latest (the only time they're available), you can use them later to trick iTunes into restoring your iDevice. They also somehow help in jailbreaks. The next jailbreak for 4.2 might require SHSH from 4.1 (which you can't get because it is no longer available and each SHSH is unique to a device). So, you might be left out
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    You are still able to do a tethered jailbreak though.
    Thanks for the info. Little upset but I guess its alright
    If and when the untethered JB does come out and it doesnt work for my phone... will I be able to get the tethered JB still or will it no longer exist once untethered releases lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Thanks for the info. Little upset but I guess its alright
    If and when the untethered JB does come out and it doesnt work for my phone... will I be able to get the tethered JB still or will it no longer exist once untethered releases lol.
    I'm sure if all people in your situation won't be able to jailbreak it'll still be around. Maybe you should download it just in case.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I was under the impression that 2 jailbreaks would be coming out. One by musclenerd which needs shsh blobs and another by comex which presumably would jailbreak any device on iOS 4.2.1. Have I got the wrong end of the stick here, can someone clarify or are we all just speculating?

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Hopefully dev team will cook up an untethered JB for people buying new devices otherwise we are all screwed!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sephiroth726 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (12-20-2010)

Tethered jailbreak really drains my phone really fast. Probably because of all of that reboot and re-jailbreak every time a Cydia app is installed/updated. I removed it a few weeks ago and now I'm tempted to do a tethered jailbreak again. I'm bored lol can't wait for the untethered one.

Ok, maybe I am missing something here but I just read a post that mentioned the possible need of having the SHSH blob for 4.2B3, is this true? On my iPad I noticed that Cydia does have the 4.2B3 blob saved but on my 3GS it does not. I didn't think I needed that particular blob for the possible untethered JB that was upcoming. I am currently still on 4.0on my phone and Cydia does have my blobs up to 4.1.

After reading everyone's posts, now I'm even wondering if I need to upgrade/mess with my phone. I would probably never print from my phone, only my iPad so I may just leave my phone as is and only worry about my iPad since I would actually print from it rather than my phone.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    Does 4.2 seem to fix the "..having to push the home button multiple times for it wake" situation? thinking of doing a complete restore maybe that would help
    thats a hardware issue.after multiple FW upgrades, i exchanged my phone for a new one. no problems since.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Thanks in advance dev team for your christmas gift

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Its okay to rant bro....just as its ok for me to call you an idiot!!! Pun intended!

I received my iPad with 4.2.1.....and there are many other like me that are on here "complaining"...and we, who have been members here for ALLOT longer than you, retain that right to do so!

So in conclusion.....Did I mention you're an idiot?

Merry Christmas to all!! including you, I guess!

Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast