Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Untethered Jailbreak by Christmas?

great christmas presents c:

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, either way, I'm still gonna be patient and not get my hopes up. I'm still pretty satisfied with 4.1 so no huge rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    OK but Antid0te isnt a jailbreak. You first need to be jailbroken to install Antid0te either from cydia or from one of the jailbreaks the dev team develops.

I might be getting an i4 for christmas and it will most likely come with 4.2.1 on it so I hope this gets finished before so that as soon as i open it my jailbreak will be awaiting.
    If musclenerd is talking about his "backup plan" it won't help you since you won't have 4.2b3 hashes stored. You'd need a new untether exploit from comex to get released.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I want jailbreak for my 3GS and iPhone 4!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

I believe they are talking about the comex method so everyone should be happy

Wait... has Apple updated their bootrom yet? I haven't seen any news mentioning it on ModMyi. If not, why do we need a new jailbreak? I hope it doesn't use a new exploit (bootrom or otherwise) just to circumvent tethering. The same exploit with a tether fix is fine, but I think such a thing should be saved for the next major JB (assuming that it might still work on future iOSes).

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chuk12chuk For This Useful Post:

ianbroste (12-19-2010), MIKEYOWEST (12-23-2010)

What I can say is Merry Christmas MuscleNerd.....

What about adding a program that needs to reboot your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by dq13 View Post
    It would be cool, but it is not like we are stuck right now. I have a tethered jailbreak on i4 4.2.1 but it does not make a difference. I never turn the phone off so works exactly the same as my wife's on 4.1. I have never needed the untethered so far in a couple off weeks, phone still on!

Thanks

I think as soon as the jailbreak gets released, we'll see apple release a f/w update to fix this horrible battery drain caused by 4.2.1.

What about adding a program that needs to reboot your phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone back9player's Avatar
    Thanks

posting a twit that will obviously get everybody's attention and then deleting it (causing confusion & more questions), coupled with this article and we all wonder why dev team gets bugged so much by the jailbreak community...

does it take a brain surgeon to figure out how this situation is created and played out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

You must have 4.2b3 shsh version saved to get untethered IOS 4.2.1, otherwise you will not get this christmas present.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

That depends on which untethered jailbreak they are releasing Yeow

I think I did have that. Had to get new phone last week and apple conveniently updated for me. So I had jailbreak last week still so I think I did. Is it worth the chance with redsn0w

Am I the only one not updating to 4.2, ever?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Zokunei For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (12-20-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Am I the only one not updating to 4.2, ever?
    When the untethered jb comes out, I'll update because I really like free find my iPhone and I have a printer that works with airprint

this will be a great lead into Christmas day!

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    When the untethered jb comes out, I'll update because I really like free find my iPhone and I have a printer that works with airprint
    Yeah, here's the thing. All of the technology in my house was available in the 90's (except WiFi, just upgraded from dial-up a few years ago). Free Find My iPhone isn't enough for me to reinstall everything from Cydia, only to find over half of it doesn't work anymore.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast