+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-Fi Sync - Special Holiday Promotion: $2.99 In Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Tis' the season for Holiday Cheer, and well, Cydia Promotions. Wi-Fi Sync , developed for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, has had a price slash for the last few
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 277 Posts

Default Wi-Fi Sync - Special Holiday Promotion: $2.99 In Cydia

Tis' the season for Holiday Cheer, and well, Cydia Promotions.

Wi-Fi Sync, developed for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, has had a price slash for the last few days, coming in at $2.99 for the holiday season. Originally $9.99, Wi-Fi Sync is a 3rd party app for Jailbroken users, that allows you to wirelessly sync your iDevice over your Wi-Fi connection with iTunes.

By simply installing the application on your PC, alongside the App available in Cydia, you can forget about the cable and Sync at any time you like. Granted the transfer speeds are a bit slower, it's well worth it if your not into the traditional method. Especially at this price.

What's the catch? This promo ends in two days. It was originally expected to end on December 11th, but the developer has pushed the price slash until December 15th, 2010.

What are you waiting for? Head over to cydia and grab Wi-Fi sync now before this deal runs out!

http://getwifisync.com/

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_09mqhMa-g]YouTube - Wi-Fi Sync for iPhone: Syncing music tracks with no USB cable[/ame]
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 12-13-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,167 Times in 6,639 Posts

Nice discount, I prefer a good ole fashion cord though

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

coolguy742 (12-14-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it updated for iPod touch 4/iPhone 4 yet?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you still have to uninstall the mac client to restore?

Thanks

wonder if this works with synchronicity?

My iPhone is a Part of Me exNavy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't get this program. It's stupid. Even if this program was free it would still be stupid.

"By simply installing the application on your PC, alongside the App available in Cydia, you can forget about the cable and Sync at any time you like. Granted the transfer speeds are a bit slower,"

I can sync any time I like using the sync cable. And I will sync a hell of a lot faster than I will over wifi.
    I write Mac only tutorials for the iPhone. Check out my iOS 6 and iOS 7 tutorials: modmyphone d o t us

Thanks

I wouldn't use this if it was free. Whenever I want to sync my iPhone it's because I just got a new song or movie and am sitting at my computer, i can just use the USB. Plus USB is faster
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

nasnoy (12-13-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Beside the program you use in your computer is really dangerous i installed it once and i would not let itunes update my ipod touch or iphone and once i uninstalled the program it let me and update. And BTW it waists battery like no tomorrow!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I don't get this program. It's stupid. Even if this program was free it would still be stupid.

"By simply installing the application on your PC, alongside the App available in Cydia, you can forget about the cable and Sync at any time you like. Granted the transfer speeds are a bit slower,"

I can sync any time I like using the sync cable. And I will sync a hell of a lot faster than I will over wifi.

i agree 110%

Thanks

Add 3G syncing and it would actually be worth something. Sync on the go would be useful. Add synchronicity support of course, cause you'd be without a phone if you didn't.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

This App is great. I am not sure why several of you are knocking this app, especially since the ones knocking it in this thread don't seem to have tried it for themselves.

The sync times are actually not that bad at all. I honestly don't even notice much of a difference. The only time it seems to take a "while" is when I am syncing an entire album, or several songs! If I am syncing an album I am most likely at my computer anyway, so why would I even use wifi sync?

Where this App comes in handy is when you make a change to your contacts, or add a note in your phone, or even adding a reminder in your calendar. I can be in my garage or in the back yard and with the click of a bottom my Mac contacts, notes, and calendars are now in sync and updated with my phone, as well as my phone completely backed up.

Yes, the ability too sync wirelessly through 3G would be awesome, but for 2.99 this App and the functionality it adds to the phone is worth it! Unfortunately there will always be people who don't think outside their little box who will ruin a great app with there worthless opinions ( this statement is not directed toward individuals who have actually tried the App, and have had problems).

P.s this App has been on sale, top bad the news reported on this sites usually seems to be "old news.". End rant .

Now flame on fellas

Tom
    Last edited by mustard05; 12-13-2010 at 07:36 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sparksjr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    This App is great. I am not sure why several of you are knocking this app, especially since the ones knocking it this this thread don't seem to have tried it for themselves.

The sync times are actually not that bad at all. I honestly don't even notice much of a difference. The only time it seems to take a "while" is when I am syncing an entire album, or several songs! If I am syncing an album I am most likely at my computer anyway, so why would I even use wifi sync?

Where this App comes in handy is when you make a change to your contacts, or add a note in your phone, or even adding a reminder in your calendar. I can be in my garage or in the back yard and with the click of a bottom my Mac contacts, notes, and calendars are now in sync and updated with my phone, as well as my phone completely backed up.

Yes, the ability too sync wirelessly though 3G would be awesome, but for 2.99 this App and the functionality to adds to the phone is worth it! Unfortunately there will always be people who don't think outside their little box who will ruin a great app with there worthless opinions ( this statement is not directed toward individuals who have actually tried the App, and have had problems).

P.s this App has been on sale, top bad the news reported on this sites usually seems to be "old news.". End rant .

Now flame on fellas

Tom
    How do you start the sync from your phone? I can connect and iTunes shows my phone but it wont sync unless I hit sync in iTunes...would be nice to start the sync while sitting my lazy azz on the couch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    wonder if this works with synchronicity?
    Yup, I saw a video on it. You need to run WiFi sync with Backgrounder though. Probably only runs the least bit smoothly on an iPhone 4.

Banned
    Thanks

I had a huge problem with this.
    1, it took about 5 mins just to see the iphone but it never sync'd
    2, it refused to work with the cable after installing it.

So I had to remove the PC program just so I could sync with the cable again.

No thanks. Way too slow and buggy for me to try again. I'm just glad I tried the free version first.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I had a huge problem with this.
    1, it took about 5 mins just to see the iphone but it never sync'd
    2, it refused to work with the cable after installing it.

So I had to remove the PC program just so I could sync with the cable again.

No thanks. Way too slow and buggy for me to try again. I'm just glad I tried the free version first.

Have you tried it recently? There have been updates and fixes with this program. 8 months ago I had nothing but problems, now it works flawlessly!

Quote Originally Posted by sparksjr View Post
    How do you start the sync from your phone? I can connect and iTunes shows my phone but it wont sync unless I hit sync in iTunes...would be nice to start the sync while sitting my lazy azz on the couch.
    My first question is "do you have I-tunes set to automatically sync"? Once the App(wifi sync) is opened on the phone it should automatically sync, unless, like i suspect, you have changed a setting regarding how your phone syncs.I would check your setting in I-tunes first!

Tom
    Last edited by mustard05; 12-13-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

i agree with everyone else besides it has errors that dont get fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone sparksjr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    My first question is "do you have I-tunes set to automatically sync"? Once the App(wifi sync) is opened on the phone it should automatically sync, unless, like i suspect, you have changed a setting regarding how your phone syncs.I would check your setting in I-tunes first!

Tom
    I didnt when i posted, then it hit me so i changed it. Now it takes about 10 min to verify and is 50/50 on successfully syncing. No big deal though, i already bought it and it mentions an update to 2.0 so i'll let it play out before i give up on it.

Thanks

Can someone help me understand? I am going to buy an app and then download something on my computer and then connect them both and then wait for everything to sync over air and the wifi app must be open, just to avoid my cable 3 1/2 ft. away from me? This is dumb, if it was free i still would not get this app. If your sync cable is to far to walk, join a gym.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wahhht? who would buy this?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast