+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-Fi Sync - Special Holiday Promotion: $2.99 In Cydia

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mustard05 I am thinking the people with problems are using windows. Maybe the soon to be released update will address this if it is truly an issue.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I am thinking the people with problems are using windows. Maybe the soon to be released update will address this if it is truly an issue.
    If so then **** I sure found a way to waste 3 dollars.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I paid the full price and the app was crap it didn't work it never would successfully do a device backup only syncing music worked. What makes it even better is after installed it would not backup via USB either since it takes over itunes. I emailed tech support multiple times and they don't even reply. Screw them and their app. I couldn't believe it was even in cydia store. I thought it would be stable to be there. After that I never purchased apps in cydia that didn't have a trial or I could get a pirate copy first to test then buy it after.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I have thought about changing my set up to something similar. What are you using? Are you using "mobile me?"

Thanks
    Tom
    Set up a gmail account as an exchange account on the iDevice(s) and it syncs contacts, calendars, etc. OTA. Free too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Set up a gmail account as an exchange account on the iDevice(s) and it syncs contacts, calendars, etc. OTA. Free too!
    +1 works excellent.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krosis's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are going to quote me, next time quote my entire post, not just a snippet.
    I quoted the part I found objectionable. I don't disagree that you and others are able to find value from this app, I simply disagree with your generalization that anyone who hasn't purchased the app has a worthless opinion of it's value. The features are published. People are able to judge those features and make a decision based on them.

In fact, if someone is only syncing once a month, their opinion on rather this App is worth it or not is voided!
    No it isn't. It just means it's not worth it for that person. It's the same for someone who is at their computer when they sync anyway. Or someone who charges their phone through their computer regularly. Whether it's worth it or not is a value judgment for each user: to weigh the benefits vs the cost of the purchase. You can't dismiss the views of the people who find the cost outweighs the benefit just because of that.

I have thought about changing my set up to something similar. What are you using? Are you using "mobile me?"
    I use gmail for mail/contacts/calendar and google docs or dropbox for notes syncing.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried this app when it first came out. It is deffinately a great idea. However, I find very little usage for it. I myself find it in the category of the android OS that PlanetBeing has for iOS. It would be cool to play with, and something that you can show your friends.... But, not anything that's a necessity.

Banned
    Thanks

Have you tried it recently? There have been updates and fixes with this program. 8 months ago I had nothing but problems, now it works flawlessly!

Tom
    I tried it 3 days ago. Is that soon enough for ya?

It's so buggy I'm not interested. If they remove ALL the bugs and speed it up then I might try it again but only if its free.
    I'm not going to pay for buggy software.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleyeSmith View Post
    It's really a good app if you don't have a lot to sync or if you have a fast Internet connection.
    What does this app have to do with a fast internet connection? NOTHING so your point is?

Its still faster if you plug in the cable.

If it sync'd like the WindowsMobile Phone and ActiveSync did then I'd be happy.
    I use to walk in my house and before I even got near the PC the phone already synced and was usually finished before I turned on the monitor.

This is crap. It takes way to long just to register the phone, and as I never actually got it to sync I cant tell you how long it will take.
    And you have to have iTunes open which the PC doesn't like iTunes to start with.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 12-14-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NakedFaerie For This Useful Post:

quidam_brujah (12-14-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

This App is great. I am not sure why several of you are knocking this app, especially since the ones knocking it in this thread don't seem to have tried it for themselves.

The sync times are actually not that bad at all. I honestly don't even notice much of a difference. The only time it seems to take a "while" is when I am syncing an entire album, or several songs! If I am syncing an album I am most likely at my computer anyway, so why would I even use wifi sync?

Where this App comes in handy is when you make a change to your contacts, or add a note in your phone, or even adding a reminder in your calendar. I can be in my garage or in the back yard and with the click of a bottom my Mac contacts, notes, and calendars are now in sync and updated with my phone, as well as my phone completely backed up.

Yes, the ability too sync wirelessly through 3G would be awesome, but for 2.99 this App and the functionality it adds to the phone is worth it! Unfortunately there will always be people who don't think outside their little box who will ruin a great app with there worthless opinions ( this statement is not directed toward individuals who have actually tried the App, and have had problems).

P.s this App has been on sale, top bad the news reported on this sites usually seems to be "old news.". End rant .

Now flame on fellas

Tom
    Completely agree with, i never use my cable anymore. Transfer speeds for me are not that big of a difference to me, i dont need to save a few more minutes out of my day. I usually just start the sync up before i go into the shower or bathroom and it done by the time i get out. Even if you were in a rush, the cable is not that much faster where its going to save you.
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks
    Be attention, It's NOT working!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mertsoft For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default works on great on mac
    i decided to give this a try because it is very useful to me. i sync at least once a week but thats not close to enough due to the changes i make daily with contacts and calendar among others. so this is the 1st app i bought from cydia. never even registered with my device until today. i have to say it works great on my mac. it seems that the people having issues are on windows =p it was real fast to backup and sync too not much slower than the cable. and for those people flaming this app i understand that a cable is very simple to use but i am one of those people that cant get off the couch not cause i'm lazy ( i am) but because i have a herniated disk and cant even get up after i get home from a long day at work so for me this app is very much appreciated. i do feel that the app needs better support for people with issues but like i said it seems its mostly not working with windows. so maybe windows users save your $3 bucks lmao...

Thanks now i can sync all the time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really don't see the point. If you want to sync your contacts & calendar google app sync (free) or Microsoft exchange server is a much better option. It will instantly update your contacts and calandar on all your devices if you make a change on any device. You can even live share contacts & calendars with other people & run multiple calendars through the default apps.
    If you are using this app for these reasons look into google apps.

Thanks

Lol, it downloaded the cracked one, just to try it out, i dont really use cracked apps, and it sucked, ill try it again, cracked for a day and if i like it i will buy it...

Thanks

I got it cause it was 2.99, and I had read somewhere that 3G synching may be coming soon in v 2.0, which would be great.

That said, it really doesn't work for me -- I use multiple libraries on iTunes because my kid has an IPod touch and my wife has an iPhone. So if/when they want to synch, we do the "hold down option and select library" thing. Of course, I have to disable auto-synching on plug in, because my kid or wife could accidentally lose/add a bunch of stuff they don't want if the wrong library was loaded last.

I tried asking the dev if the app would work under the above situation, and he never answered. So I threw the dice with 2.99, and I lost. Never would have gambled with $10, but I was okay with $3. Oh well. Maybe one day I'll get a second machine and just have my iPhone on that one.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to novadam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have a few choice words for all the Wi-Fi Sync fanboys, but in the interest of civility I will resist.

A quick search of MMI and you'll find more complaints about this app than positive.
    Here's my favorite: WiFi Sync finally hits iPhone...on Cydia
    18 pages of lots of complaints and a few people saying they like it. The ratio is ridiculous. When a product has close to half of posted comments complaining, there's a problem.

Let me update my comment on that thread here: it's not worth the hassle. Terribly buggy, the Mac-side app can interfere with iTunes and other USB functions, you may need to reboot your phone to fix things. Try doing that if you are currently on a tethered jailbreak. You may get it working for a while but, it seems to become unstable over time (a week or so at best), directly related to the number of syncs you do (if you sync once a day, it may be stable for longer).

The worst part is the dev's total disregard for his customers. Ignored support requests and ignored forums are not the way to endear yourself. Consider me once bitten, twice shy.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wow, for $2.99 and it's on sale! I would think an app like this would be free from the bugs everyone's naming out. I too pass on this one, like someone said before "great, but not so great".

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

The most pointless app ever! I can already sync whenever I want using a cable! What advantage does being able to walk around with an iPhone saying "sync in progress" bring? Absolutely none, what a rip off.

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks

Default Paid full price
    If u disable back up, it speeds the sync. I thought the app was worth 10 bucks. When it came out, I noticed some bugs but at this point isn't every app a little buggy that's why updates are given so frequently which is a good thing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sparksjr View Post
    How do you start the sync from your phone? I can connect and iTunes shows my phone but it wont sync unless I hit sync in iTunes...would be nice to start the sync while sitting my lazy azz on the couch.
    you cant start the sync from the phone, biggest pitfall of this app.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Nice discount, I prefer a good ole fashion cord though
    I agree, Syncronicity has this beat by a HUGE gap (just my opinion, don't go all troll on me...)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default mac only
    iS IT COMPATIABLE WITH WINDOWS 7 OR IS IT ONLY OSX ???